Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member

Does anyone else have this Complex?

I have a complex that no matter how big or ripped I get I will never be satisfied and when I get that big I just wanted to be at that next level... Im only 21, ill be 22 in January And I played COllege football(done now) I am 6'5 280 and never thought I would be this big... But when I hit 280 and I looked on the scale I wanted 290 ripped...
    If I keep goin at this rate I will be a seroius monster by the time im 30... Im playing on go at least 2 13-15 week cycles a year untill Im around 25, then Im goin to hit the growth hard and the slin... But I cant immagine what im goin to look like...I cant wait....
    But does anyone else feel like this... Never satisfied and always just want to be that much better...

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    All of us probably do to some degree. Search the threads for "adonis complex", "body dysmorphic disorder" or "reverse anorexia". I know that I've at one time linked quite a few articles, books and other publications in such threads, as have a few others.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    No matter how big i get i still feel small i look in the mirror and see a small guy . Friends and strangers constantly make comments about how i look but when i hear that i just think there stupid.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RageControl
    No matter how big i get i still feel small i look in the mirror and see a small guy . Friends and strangers constantly make comments about how i look but when i hear that i just think there stupid.
    RageControl,

That's exactly how I feel. I went to a holiday party where I saw several of my friends who hadn't seen me for a looong time. They were shocked by my growth and kept saying things. I thanked them for the compliments, but all the while I was thinking about all the body parts I need to work on and how small I am compared to where I want to be.

Back to the gym!

BDTR is offline Retired
    At 280 lbs with my body fat in the teens I felt tiny

at 265 at a low body fat i feel really really really tiny. I mean im only 5ft 11 - 6ft so comparable to most of the population im good sized, but i still feel little as hell.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a superiority complex. Thats all. Actually, its not a complex, its just reality.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    I'll tell you when I felt really small...I was at the gym Thursday morning and someone signed in a "friend." I have never seen guy so HUGE in my life. I don't know bodybuilders but this was a HUGE black bodybuilder. It felt like trap to trap he was wider then me. His forearms looked like bigger and more veined up versions of my arms, at least 17"...My rule is you know you are big when you can wear the XXL shirt and the muscle still bulge and are apparent. If you have to wear a tight shirt or Wife-beater you arent there yet....

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    I have the same problem, i get plenty of compliments but when i look in the mirror i'm so far from my goals that i just have a hard time being satisfied. I'm just now getting to the 200lb barrier, and most of you giants are well past that and looking at 300lbs!!! Makes me want to train harder when i see you guys post stats!

Thread Information