hoss827 is offline Banned

What happens when you constantly flex a muscle for a long period of time??

I never thought of that...Flexing a muscle is good , but what if you flexed a certain muscle for oh...2-5 iminutes. It's that helpful, or harmful, or does it even do anything? I figured since it's putting some kind of stress on the particular muscle it may be doing something! I dunno...

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I dont think I could hold a flex for 2 - 5 minutes...

I dont know what effects it would have on the muscle but it would probably be sore once you released it.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that isometrics and just plain flexing generated lactic acid in the muscle, and a short period of lactic acid buildup would produce a painful sensation in the tissue. It doesn't tear down any muscle cells, so there's no corresponding growth.
    At least, that's what the guys down at the pool hall tell me . . .
    --Tock

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    hoss...flexing of one's penis will NOT make it any bigger!

j/k bro...couldn't resist.

peace,

ttgb

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Should that not read;

"How effective is flxing a muscle for a long period of time"

hehehe, sorry couldn't help that one either..

I don't know if it would do any hard, or good. Its not like your training your muscle to failure through resistance training.

Anyone ?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Tock hit the nail on the head, nothing is accomplished through isometric flexing.

think about it, picture yourself doing a push up against a wall. When you're in your isometric hold, are you really doing anything but just leaning forward against the wall holding your self there.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I read one time where this guy supposedly doubled his size in a year by pushing his muscles together, such as putting the palms of your hands together and pushing hard.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    isometric contractions can result in some growth because you are putting a strain on the muscle at that particular position. I might be wrong, but I have heard that isomatric contractions can help people break past sticking points when doing benchpress. So if it increases your strength at a particular angle of your arm, it could in turn increase size of the muscle tissue.

Hold up. I actually have used isomatric contractions on someone and increased their muscle size. The had a bad knee that would get irratated if they did any type of movement and contraction at the same time. I set them up to do a flex and hold (pushing as hard as they could against and unmoveable object) and over a period of several weeks increased his muscle size and strength. We had the angle of the knee in a total of about 10 different positions from bent just above 90 degrees to almost straight legged at the end. There were results using this method.

Now, if you were to simply flex a muscle and hold it without pushing against any resistance, you would eventually cramp. That's about it. But the more you did it, the longer you could hold it without cramping over time.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    hoss...flexing of one's penis will NOT make it any bigger!

j/k bro...couldn't resist.

peace,

ttgb
    I beg to differ

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Flexing the penis.... I thought the penis was just a piece of skin, notta muscle.. hehe. And yes, I too beg to differ on that.

shootdeep is offline Member
    my girlfriend got wasted one night and i carried her back to the hotel about 1/3 mile from the bar. i took about 10-15mins and it was mostly bicep work. they were pretty tight and swollen when we finally got there. the next morning and for two days afterwards i could barely straighten my arms. that's what extended flexing did for me!! thanks, but i'll take the reps please.........

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    its like making a face, you hold it there long enough it will stay that way

Thread Information