RollPlayer is offline Junior Member

Red face 6 weeks in... Deca/Test

Hey all ... I'm currently in my 6th week running QV TEST EN 250/ QV DECA 300. I started out running 250mg TEST/week & 300mg DECA for 4 weeks then bumped TEST to 400mg on week 5, 500mg on week 6. DECA has remained at 300mg/week. I will be running the cycle for 12 weeks (11 w/DECA). I have gained between 8-11lbs (fluctuates, water I think).
    I was wondering if this progress sounds about right. This is my first cycle. Training & diet are on course, though I feel like I'm choking down the last few meals in order to get the calories I need. I train 5 days a week.
    I only started gaining weight at about 4.5 weeks so the gains have mostly been in the last 2 weeks. Any ideas as to how much weight I can expect to gain?
    Thanks everyone.

wolar32 is offline Junior Member
    It depends. It is hard to tell without knowing how you train and what your bmr is. Just up your calories if you want to gain more weight. Make sure your protein is sufficient and sleep, sleep, sleep.

TRicKtOutT is offline Junior Member
    well I tell you this... for my 1st cycle I did test 250mg/wk and gained 15lb in 10 weeks, after the 6lb loss of water and a lil muscle. I personally think you are taking too much for a first cycle because for a first time user the receptors r soo sensitive that little dosage and proper eating and training will give you good gains. I know for a fact I could have gained 20lb instead of 15lb because I didnt eat right, i didnt eat a lot of calories and I only drank about half a gallon of water a day which I should have done 1-1.5 gallons. I say drink more and take in more protein and carbs... Dont forget you WILL Lose some weight after your cycle so expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolar32
    It depends. It is hard to tell without knowing how you train and what your bmr is. Just up your calories if you want to gain more weight. Make sure your protein is sufficient and sleep, sleep, sleep.
    5 days a week, about 1.5hr. My schedule is intense and strictly followed.

Mon- Chest (all angles)
    Tue- Back/Lats
    Wed- Legs
    Thur- Shoulders/Traps
    Fri- Bi's & Tri's

I do abs and calves 3 times a week. I also try to get in 20 min of cardio 3 times a week while bulking, before weight routine.

I go 5 days a week because I work from home so the only time out of this house is my morning gym time. Which I look forward to everyday. That is why I only train one body part a day rather than doing a split.

Hope that helps. My training & diet are pretty strict. Mostly I'm curious how much weight I might gain since this is my first cycle & if I'm on track with what is considered normal.

Thanks,
    RP

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    You should have kept your test dose consistent throughout the whole cycle.

Pyramiding up as the cycle goes will slow your gains down a bit.

However, the weight gain sounds about right. Is the strength going up as well?

D

Strength has gone up cosiderably. I am now hitting sets of 8-10 with weight I previously could only hit 3-4 reps. I've not maxed out in a while. I did bench 295lbs for 3-4 reps on Monday. My previous max was 285lbs although I had hit 315lbs earlier this year. I backed off flat bench to focus on incline bench the last couple months. My incline has went up dramatically. I was only able to hit 225lbs for 3-4 reps and now I can push out 10 fairly easy.
    Doesn't seem to be as tremendous as I was led to believe but then again I've been working out with these guys, who have done several cycles, for years and was able to keep up for the most part. Except for the guys who out weigh me by 40lbs

I'm now almost 32 yrs old and decided to give aas a try.

Thanks for your help.

Anyone else???

That's it huh. Two opinions and out. Thaaaaattt's Niiiice!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    You should have kept your test dose consistent throughout the whole cycle.

Pyramiding up as the cycle goes will slow your gains down a bit.
    D
    Thanks Diesel. I was given some poor advice when I first started. Then I found this and a few other sites to get some info. Took a couple weeks for the additional TEST to come in. I was originally going to do 10 weeks but because of the shakey start I decided to stretch it to 12 weeks.

^
    ^^^^^

beefydragon is offline Member
    always do more test than deca ... otherwise you'd risk deca d!ck...

but 400mg/week test and 300mg/deca is kewl... are you getting enough rest for your body to grow?

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RollPlayer
    That's it huh. Two opinions and out. Thaaaaattt's Niiiice!
    Easy bro.....

I think you will be fine. Results will vary person to person. However, you should really start to see good gains in the next couple of weeks.

You have to keep in mind that Test E and Deca take at least four weeks to kick in. Consider the fact that you started the Test at a low dose and steadily increased, you should be 'hitting on all cyclinders' in the next week or two.

D

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i agree with diesel, you should of kept it consistant and ran more test the whole time.. that would probably increase your appetite and maybe kick in quicker.. your results will get there... my buddy is on 500mg test and 300deca/week... gained 14lbs in 3 weeks.. hes getting huge..

LoadeD_PistoL is offline Associate Member
    first of all, pyramid cycle sux and should of began and ended with test 500mgs and Deca 400mgs, week 1-4 dballs (25-30mgs). First cycle is the most important of all and u should of made the most out of it.

Thread Information