Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

anyone know what schedule narcotic clen is? and is it FDA aproved?

I heard that Clenbuteral was NOT FDA aproved. Anyone know the facts?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool It's twue, it's twue . . .

Originally posted by Big Rush
    I heard that Clenbuteral was NOT FDA aproved. Anyone know the facts?
    There is no listing for "clam butter oil" (I don't know who the hell came up with that one, but I love it) in the Physician's Desk Reference; nor are any U.S. brands listed in the A.R. drug profiles for clen .

Therefore, you may assume correcty that clen is not FDA approved. As such, it is not a "scheduled" drug.

That said, keep in mind that there are many AS that are FDA approved, but they are not approved for AS purposes. Clomid is the classical example - it is approved to induce ovulation in women, but not approved for men at all. Therefore, the concept of FDA approval is a complicated one as far as AS purposes are concerned. That said, you will generally (although not always) be safer with a drug approved by the FDA for something as opposed to one that is not approved at all.

bd2g is offline New Member
    Yo, TNT is right, bro try some other type of pills, dont get me wrong i am a huge fan of clen , there is other shit out there

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    bd2g, what else is out there?

dboone is offline New Member
    Clen is not a narcotic. It is not mood altering. Nor is it a controlled substance. It is approved as a bronchio-dialator in many European countries, but not in the good ol' USA.
    dboone

what is a good alternative then, bd2g?

TNT
    Originally posted by dboone
    Clen is not a narcotic. It is not mood altering. Nor is it a controlled substance. It is approved as a bronchio-dialator in many European countries, but not in the good ol' USA.
    dboone
    Intersting factoid, dboone. And one that is indicative of U.S. approvals. Here are two other examples that might help us understand this hoopla . . .

Glucophage: It's been available in Europe for well over 30 years, as well as in Canada for well over 25 years. However, it did not hit the U.S. market fully until 1995, which is why, here in the States, one has only been able to get name-brand Glucophage - until now. The generic equivalent, metformin HCl, has just been released in the U.S. market. However, metformin has been available as a generic in Canada and the U.K. for many years.

To give you an indication of the impact of that, Glucophage 500 mg. costs $60.41 per hundred from Eckerd's, $74.99 from Walgreen's, $73.32 from CVS. The new generic metformin 500 mg. costs $52.50 per hundred from Eckerd's; the other sites do not list generic pricing yet. All prices are from the drug stores' web sites and are in U.S. dollars.

The price of generic metformin in Canada? As little as $7.00 per hundred in U.S. dollars. (In other words, you can buy a bottle of 500 for $75 CDN, which translates to just under $50m divided by five.) That's a big difference from even Eckerd's price of $52.50 for generic metformin here in the States.

One reason for the differential is that there is only one manufacturer of generic metformin in the U.S. at this time, whereas in Canada, there are at least a half-dozen (the most well known being Novo-Pharm and Gen-Pharm, two of the biggest generic manufacturers in Canada.)

Here's another example that is more on point . . .

Quaalude and Oxycontin: Most of you have probably heard of Oxycontin because it is one of the most commonly abused drugs today. It's a time-release version of oxycodone and, when crushed or chewed, results in a high that is more powerful than heroin - and just as addictive. Oxycontin is a life-saver as far as pain manegement for patients with cancer and terminal conditions, but its rate of abuse has put its availability at some risk for those patients. A similar situation existed back ni the 1970's with Quaalude (methaqualone), which was a very effective sleep aid that did not cause the post-sleep lethargia that earlier barbituates caused. However, "ludes" became so popular a recreational drug that the manufacturer (then Rorer Pharmaceuticals) pulled them off the market.

Will Pharma, the manufacturer of Oxycontin, do the same thing Rorer did? Probably not - there would be way too much protest from the patients who need the drug for legitimate pain management. And Pharma has agreed to work with the FDA in designing a tamper-proof version, one that would cancel out the effects of the pills if crushed or chewed. (Pharma has been experimenting with the notion of coating the Oxy's with Naltrexone, which, for substance abusers, cancels out the effects of alcohol. The theory is that it will also negate the effects of oxycodone.)

The point of all this? Clen may be a safe and effective broncho-dialator. But it is so well known in the AS community that the FDA is not likely to approve it in the U.S. because of its potential for abuse. They don't want another Oxycontin or Quaalude situation, nor do pharmaceuticals who manufacture FDA-approved broncho-dialators want any additional copmpetition.

I'd be curious about this . . . Since it is approved in some European countries, what is its status in Canada? (There are some, though not many, differences in Canadian versus U.S. prescription approvals. One of the niftiest is that Allegra and Claretin, both of which are prescribed for allergies in the States, are available over the counter in Canada - and a hell of a lot cheaper than in the U.S. Don't get any ideas, though - if you're caught with them at the border they'll be confiscated at the very least.)

very interesting point, TNT. i never thought of it that way.

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    Just curious what is a broncho dialator?

TNT

Cool Oooooooohhh! Word roots!

Originally posted by OT8268
    Just curious what is a broncho dialator?
    Simple . . .

Bronchio = the bronchial passage, or the airway.

Dilate = to open up or widen.

Therefore, a bronchio dialator is used to open the airways, often in the form of oral or nasal spray for persons with asthma.

ElRey2 is offline New Member

clen

CLen has value IF you're an asthmatic like me. Otherwise, as everybody else here is saying, get something else. Clen was just recently approved for veternary use here in the USA if you have a friend who's a vet. And even for me, the stuff has to be handled carefully early on as you can get your heart thumping pretty good on it if you don't taper into a course of it. Did it to myself once, missed 2 days of work!!!!

Thread Information