sOuLkRuShA is offline Junior Member

Supplements while on cycle

Hey Guys,
    Is there a list of supplements to use while on cycle ie.. ALA, Amino Acids, etc... If not would some please give me a list of supplements I should take while on?

Tushe is offline Associate Member
    If your going to take deca , make sure u take 200mg of B6 to fight gyno.

T.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

I just put that in a cholesterol thread.

I take:
    Niacin
    Glutamine
    Multi-Vitamin
    ALA
    Milk Thistle
    Saw Palmetto
    EFA's
    B6
    Chromium
    Garlic
    B Complex
    Valarian Root
    Ginko Biloba
    and Hawthorne Berry

I take all of those except the Chromium year round.

Wow that's quite a number.

I'm taking creatine, b6, b5, vit. C, vit. E, a genral multi vitamin, omega 3,6,9s (brain boosting), and L-glutamine.

Why do you take the ginko and hawthorn berry?

T.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I keep it way more simple myself, just vitamins, fish oil and protein powder. I think it depends on what you are taking in your cycle though, I tend to just stick with testosterone so there aren't really any toxicities that I need to worry about, assuming you don't count acne.

Quote Originally Posted by Tushe
    Wow that's quite a number.

I'm taking creatine, b6, b5, vit. C, vit. E, a genral multi vitamin, omega 3,6,9s (brain boosting), and L-glutamine.

Why do you take the ginko and hawthorn berry?

T.
    Ginko for the anti-oxidant abilities, it also helps the brain by opening the blood vessels that lead to it aka the "Smart Herb"

Hawthorn for the heart.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    B-6 is fine if you don't mind it hindering your gains as been reported recently by einstein..I'm taking cabergoline at .5 mgs e4d instead

Do you know if there's a thread that emphasises the importance of chromium.

I remember a while back an issue of Men'sHealth (UK) stated that chromium is the most beneficial supplement in regards to body building.

Problem is, around the same time that artical was published there was a "scare" in the UK - some claimed that chromium picolinate (not sure of spelling - but is the most readily avaliable chromium supplement) would cause cancer.

Any thoughts?

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tushe
    Problem is, around the same time that artical was published there was a "scare" in the UK - some claimed that chromium picolinate (not sure of spelling - but is the most readily avaliable chromium supplement) would cause cancer.

Any thoughts?

T.
    NEW YORK (Reuters Health)--The popular dietary supplement chromium picolinate may damage DNA, possibly increasing the risk of cancer, a University of Alabama researcher reported at the American Chemical Society's annual meeting in Anaheim, California.

The supplements are touted as agents that can reduce body fat and build muscle, and have also been suggested as a potential treatment for adult-onset diabetes.

Dr. John B. Vincent and colleagues at the Tuscaloosa campus looked at the chemical reaction between vitamin C, other compounds, and chromium picolinate at 100 times less than the concentration found in human body tissue after long-term use.

The researchers found that the reaction produces chromium II, which interacts with oxygen to produce hydroxyl radicals, agents known to induce mutations and cause other types of DNA damage.

"Supplements that combine chromium picolinate with vitamin C are the most potentially dangerous," Vincent said. He advised "extreme caution in taking this material," urging people to consult with their physician before taking the supplement.

Chromium picolinate is "remarkably stable" in the body, which may explain why it is more readily absorbed than chromium obtained through regular dietary sources. But this stability may also allow this compound to be accumulated in cells in its DNA-damaging form, Vincent explained.

"Careful investigation into the effects of long-term diet supplementation with chromium picolinate are needed to evaluate its mutagenic and carcinogenic potentials," Vincent said in a statement issued by the American Chemical Society. "In addition, development of other readily absorbable sources of chromium that lack the DNA-damaging ability of chromium picolinate seems warranted."

mackrazy is offline Junior Member
    I take a multi vit formula from GNC , 2 servings of myoplex, liver aid and No2

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    B-6 is fine if you don't mind it hindering your gains as been reported recently by einstein..I'm taking cabergoline at .5 mgs e4d instead
    Da Bull,

Did Einstein ever post up at what levels that B6 is shown to hinder gains...? I am getting about 150 mgs from my vitamin and B complex.

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    the article said that cells that are deffecient of b6 respond better to aas. its somewhere in the search articles but im too lazy to find it right now.

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casanova33
    the article said that cells that are deffecient of b6 respond better to aas. its somewhere in the search articles but im too lazy to find it right now.
    Yeah, I remember that post. It is so water soluble that I don't see it really being a problem with accumulating in cells.

As is the case with all stuff, ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't.

Thread Information