956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Opinions on recovery

Here is basically a question that has been on my mind.
    Say you have 2 different cycle layouts:
    1) A heavy test cycle of 2grams per week
    or
    2) A mild test cycle (about 750mg/wk) along with either deca or tren , ran at moderate, corresponding doses.

So, you run either of these cycles at similar lengths.... Which one would you assume would shut you down harder, and be more difficult to recover from?

I have some theories of my own, but want to hear others. I want to keep my intial post concise, and possibly get into a intellectual debate

I realize the amount of variables that go into this, so i am trying to keep this somewhat simple at first.

Assuming that we're talking about the same person at the same age doing both of these cycles, I'd say the lower dose cycle containing tren or deca in addition to test. We're also assuming both cycles are the same length, right?
    It's just that the cycle containing tren or deca add another angle to HPTA suppression.....prolactin.

In actuality, the two may be very similar as far as shutdown goes, and if someone is taking something potent like dostinex to eliminate the excess prolactin factor, then the higher test cycle will cause greater suppression.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I have no opinion, but for cycle A)... is it test-only?

THE PUMP is offline Member
    Id say it could be possible to recover from both of them in the same amount of time just ajust the pct's.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905

In actuality, the two may be very similar as far as shutdown goes, and if someone is taking something potent like dostinex to eliminate the excess prolactin factor, then the higher test cycle will cause greater suppression.
    I have to agree with your thoughts on this.But one could say,run dostinex with the one cycle,and HCG on the high test cycle.Which would be easier to recover on then?In that scenario,I'd say recovery time would be about equal.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    I was about to ask about HCG for the higher dose... Think it holds some value? I mean either way your getting shut down? Does it make a difference on the amount being used? assuming test vs test.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I have to agree with your thoughts on this.But one could say,run dostinex with the one cycle,and HCG on the high test cycle.Which would be easier to recover on then?In that scenario,I'd say recovery time would be about equal.
    This is all friendly intended but when do you get a chance to recover? Seems like when i first started seeing you on here about last year this time, seems like you have been one one mega dose cycle after another all this time with only minimal amounts of time off... (well I should talk, I've only had 2 months total of time off since last October myself).

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    This is all friendly intended but when do you get a chance to recover? Seems like when i first started seeing you on here about last year this time, seems like you have been one one mega dose cycle after another all this time with only minimal amounts of time off... (well I should talk, I've only had 2 months total of time off since last October myself).
    I took a 3 month break after the last cycle you're referring to.Blood work came back fine,so off I went again.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    how long are these hypothetical cycles?

dumblucky is offline Member
    My logic dictakes that once you are shut down ..you are down ...........
    but I do remember bouncing back from a gram of test a week
    a lot faster than I did my last big fina , test, anadrol cycle
    with basically the same pct

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it would depend on the type of test ester slow/fast. My guess is the test/deca /tren but Im assumming the testes had considerable loss of size. Recovery (ie. increasing LH, FSH) is meaningless if the balls cannot produce. The hypo will sense the high blood concentration of gonadtrophins (LH<FSH) then will tell the Pituitary to stop. It's a hormonal nightmare because your balls have primary hypogonadism. So PCT I guess is paramount ie. HCG But taken towards the end of cycle & perhaps 1 wk after but prior to nolva/clomid
    Last edited by bluethunder; 07-24-2004 at 08:10 PM.

Thread Information