Injecting Albuterol??

Has anyone heard of or tried injecting albuterol? Check this out.

Background for the use of albuterol in treating DMD

Although gene therapeutic approaches offer the most promise for an ultimate cure for DMD, gene therapeutics are not expected to be available for several years or longer so that many patients diagnosed at the present time are not likely to benefit from gene therapy. Our goal at the DMDRC-UCLA and specifically in the clinical trial of albuterol is to identify pharmacological approaches to reduce the loss of muscle mass and strength in DMD boys, so that they may be able to take advantage of gene therapy treatments when they become available in the future. Albuterol, a beta-agonist, is a promising agent for this type of pharmacological approach. Beta-agonists are a class of drug that have been shown to improve the quality and functional properties of muscle, both in healthy and sick individuals. This drug already has FDA approval for the treatment of asthma, and could be readily available to patients if promising results ensue from this study. It is a drug with minimal side effects and is safe for a pediatric population. However, when albuterol is administered as an inhaled aerosol in the treatment of asthma, it has no effect on skeletal muscle. Albuterol effects on skeletal muscle require long-term release of the albuterol into the circulatory system, which can occur when the drug is taken as a slowly releasing tablet.

Rationale for the expected beneficial effects of albuterol administration to DMD boys
    A substantial body of scientific and clinical research shows that albuterol is an effective drug for increasing muscle mass and strength. First, several animal studies have shown increases in lean muscle mass following administration of beta-agonists [1-13]. Collectively, these studies show that beta-agonist treatment of healthy animals can increase muscle protein content, muscle mass and muscle strength and that these increases can occur after only a few weeks of treatment.

Human studies have also shown increases in muscle mass following a regimen of beta-agonist treatment [14-16]. Healthy males treated with slow release albuterol for 14 days (16 mg/day) improved their quadriceps strength by 12% [14]. The increase in strength remained 7 days following treatment. In the same study, the strength of the hamstring muscles increased by 22% after 21 days of treatment. Caruso et al. [17] also documented increases in strength following 16 mg/day of albuterol treatment of healthy individuals. Unhealthy patients have been shown to experience even greater benefits from beta-agonist treatment than healthy patients. For example, orthopedic patients demonstrated a more rapid recovery following beta-agonist administration [16]. Thus, all current evidence supports the view that albuterol can be administered safely to humans to improve muscle strength and mass.

Beta-agonists improvemuscle mass and strength in mdx mice
    Several investigations have provided the most compelling evidence of the efficacy of beta-agonist administration for the treatment of muscle pathology attributable to the absence of dystrophin [18-23]. Six separate investigations using the mdx mousemodel of DMD, have shown that treatment with clenbuterol (another ß agonist) increases muscle mass and strength [18-23]. In these investigations, mdx mice were treated with clenbuterol for 15 weeks [21, 22], 2 months [18], 4 months [23] or 1 year [18], and in all cases the treatment was beneficial in reducing the wasting normally associated with the disease process.

I would like to find out how to get ahold of these tablets or convert the inhalation form which is liquid in a canister to an injectable form.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    why the **** would u want to inject it?? please refrain from posting dumb ass threads like this where some newbies might see it and actually try it.

why wouldnt you want to inject it. if you cant get ahold of the tabs and there is a safe way to convert the liquid form into injects. f*cking idiot

Steroids101 is offline Member
    The tabs and liquid orals work just as well. Im pretty sure if you had precise enough equipment you could make your own injectable, and I believe some companys used to sell it. I just don't see the point though?

Quote Originally Posted by Steroids101
    The tabs and liquid orals work just as well. Im pretty sure if you had precise enough equipment you could make your own injectable, and I believe some companys used to sell it. I just don't see the point though?

do you know if albuterol is worth it? im guessing it wouldnt show up on a drug test, and i am diagnosed with asthma so i think i might be good to go if i could get ahold of some, but i have not found anywhere that has it.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enid_sprinter
    do you know if albuterol is worth it? im guessing it wouldnt show up on a drug test, and i am diagnosed with asthma so i think i might be good to go if i could get ahold of some, but i have not found anywhere that has it.
    Well what are your goals? I believe another name for it is clenbuterol , if that helps any. If its not clen that we're talking about, I really have no idea.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    clen and albuterol are two different drugs. both are beta agonist, but clen is much stronger
    Last edited by w_rballs; 08-17-2004 at 02:34 PM.

ive used clen . but i was under the impression that albuterol was stronger in a high dosage.

Thread Information