Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Cardio while on a bulking cycle?

Here's my question. I'm currently about 45-50lbs over where I need to be for my first contest in late March. I plan on dieting and upping my cardio for the next 6 weeks and I hope to drop 15-20lbs. At that time I will begin a sust250/deca /d-bol bulking cycle. I will keep my protein intake very high but plan on keeping my fat and carbs low to moderate even during the cycle. What do you guys think? Will I still grow muscle with limited overall calories as long as I keep my protein intake high and keep lifting heavy? I also want to continue doing cardio during the cycle. How will this affect things?
    Pete

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I just have a few questions before i give my 2 cents,
    why are you going on a bulking cycle if you want to drop 25 lbs.
    and if you are experianced you should know that d-bol is terrible to diet on, it will make u retain alot of water .

I my opinion if you still want size but want to cut i would stick with sustanon and add some equpoise,
    sustanon isnt really a good contest prep drug but you can ! diet with it regardless of what some people might say. If you are going to take sustanon i would make sure your carb intake is really low and fat intake moderate and protein really high
    something like this protein 65% carbs 10-15% and fat 25- 30 % but only eat good fat not bad fats.
    eat as clean as you can and you will gain some quality muscle off the sustanon and equipise cycle, you can even add some clembuterol to the cycle as you are close to the end.
    do lots of cardio to bud. thats just my two cents maybe some one has a better idea

be safe
    BullDogg20

No...BD you're right, I fully realize what the d-bol will do for me. Here is what I was planning. As I said I want to compete in March as a light heavywieght. I'll need to be below 198lbs (I know that if I'm carrying more than 185-190 lbs I won't be lean enough). I'm currently 240. I want to get down to 220 then start my bulking cycle. The d-bol will give me that initial boost at the beginning of my cycle so I can train balls to the wall from day one. When the sust and deca kick in I'll start to pack on that keepable mass. I hope to gain 20-23lbs on the cycle (12-15lbs keepable mass) and the additional muscle will aid in burning fat. When I finish that cycle (Late December) I plan an hitting my pre-contest diet HARD....2000 calories per day 55/35/10 and gradually getting it down to about 1400-1500 calories a day for the last month or so. I also plan on running a clen , T3, primobolan cycle in mid February to help melt off the last of the fat as well as maintain the lean tissue. This is my first try so I hope all goes well. Any input?
    Pete

ya man that sounds good, personaly i dont like d-bol becasue of the retention of water, but that just me i guess, I plan on competing in my first bodybuilding comp next august, level 1 i am currently almost 180 lbs at 5'5 about 12 % bodyfat, i am currently on a susatnon and winney cycle i have 3-4 weeks left of my cycle and so far i have made preatty good progress with it when i started i weighd 163lbs and now i am about 176 lbs i hope to bring my weight and muscle up to about 185 - 190 then cut down to like 170 ripped or 165 and compete as a middle weight,
    how tall are you and what fat % do u have

i think if you do the cycle the way you are talking about it should be fine just eat clean and do lots of cardio

be safe
    BullDogg20

It's nice to get advice from a fellow Canadian (no disrespect to my American and British brothers). I'm 5'10" currently 242lbs between 18-20% BF. I know that's high which is why I'm starting to diet immediately. My plan is to walk on stage somewhere between 190-195lbs. I'll be watching the CBBA Nationals in 2 weeks, they're here in Halifax. A good friend of mine will be competing in the welterwieght class. He's 5'5" andcurrently 168bs with approx 6% BF. He's looking very sharp...can already see striations on his glutes and his x-mas tree is showing.
    Pete

welterweight class isnt that lower than 140 lbs
    if you could tell me the weight classes and weights of them so i know what to come in at

Thread Information