MONKEYNUTTZ is offline Junior Member

Can you miss your muscle when you shoot?

Is it possible to totaly miss you muscle when your sticking yourself? Like your butt lets say can you miss your ass muscle and just shot it into nowhere?? how important is the right angle when injecting? and how will you know if you missed???
    thanks

Methuselah is offline Member
    Being the obsessive, compulsive, perfectionist that I am, I wonder the same thing every time.

I believe that you can miss the muscle, although the glute is very big and hard to miss. I had to call my doc back the other day and have him talk me through the procedure again. I thought I sent a $45 hit of nandrolone decanoate to the fat between my skin and my glute by pushing the needle in at an angle. That would be a terrible waste.

He reiterated to me to find a spot about 2" below your waist (mine is a bit lower) on the outside of the glute. You can flex your glute to find the spot. The needle goes straight in, the whole 1 1/2". Don't push is in at an angle. The needle just looks so long that I sometimes believe it's going to hit the bone; I think that subconsciously I try to push it in at an angle and sometimes do.

The glute is big and hard to miss. Find your site, push the needle straight in, have a great shot.

I'd love to hear more on glute injections...

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    When I do glutes.....I go straight in...then I reach around behind my back with my other hand to hold the needle while I quickly asperate. Then push in the juice listenning to my body tell me how fast or slow to go!

Good luck, stay safe! mj

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Great explanation, Methusaleh . . .

For more on glute shots, here's something I wrote in a post back in October. (You can find the original thread by doing a search on the key word "lipstick" with my name in the user block.)

This was written for a member who complained of numbness in his butt cheek after a glute shot. It's one of my more off-the-wall posts, but I think it's one of the better instructional pieces I've written. An oldie but goodie . . .

It's not just a matter of aiming for the center of your cheek and popping in your, um, medication, it's a matter of going for the proper quadrant.

Now, grab some of your girlfriend's lipstick. Go. Do it now. I'll wait . . .

(Oh, excuse me. Well, if that's the case, go grab some of your boyfriend's lipstick. I'm still waiting . . .)

Now pull down your pants. I promise I won't get hot . . .

Good. Now take the lipstick and draw a line straight across the center of your right cheek. Then draw a line straight up and down the center of your right cheek.

There . . . You've got four quadrants. (Amazing, isn't it?)

Hold on, you're not done . . .

Now poke yourself with your thumb (no, sport, there's nothing kinky going on here) on the right side of your back around your waist, feeling for the top of your pelvic bone. (You'll feel bone going upward, then it will stop and you'll hit tissue but no bone.) When you find it, draw a dotted line across that part of your rear waist.

Finally, measure two-to-three inches below that dotted line in the middle of the upper, outer quadrant of your butt cheek and put a little "X" there.

Why? Because "X" marks the spot. And that is the only safe place to shoot yourself in the butt. See, who said that playing with lipstick couldn't be fun?

Now, the reason you went numb is because you hit a nerve. The closer you get to the center of your cheek (where your first two lipstick lines cross each other - as opposed to staying in the upper, outer quadrant, which less less nerves and less blood vessels), the bigger the chance you'll hit a nerve. If it's the sciatic nerve (which runs from the spinal cord down the center of your butt cheeks), you're likely to feel a sharp, stabbing pain going down your legs. But if you hit any nerve, including the sciatic, you will often get a numb sensation that, hopefully, will go away shortly thereafter.

So remember, just like vaginas, the upper, outer quadrant is your friend.

Now put the damn lipstick away. It doesn't look good on you. Unless you're really enjoying this, in which case you should do the same thing to your left cheek. Symmetry, and all that.

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    hahaa i remember that post!!

MONKEYNUTTZ is offline Junior Member
    what will happen if you inject into the fat instead of the muscle???
    beside wasting your shot????

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Well, he said, smiling . . .

Originally posted by MONKEYNUTTZ
    what will happen if you inject into the fat instead of the muscle??? beside wasting your shot????
    You'll have really strong fat.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Seriously, Monkeynuttz, it's no big whoop, but you will generally be wasting the shot. You may feel some effects (depending on what you are injecting), but the fat will not "hold" the drug as well as muscle.

Past that point, there should be no negative effects from injecting into fat. The only time you will zonk yourself for a loop is if you inject into a vein (Intravenous versus Intramuscular), but you should be able to avoid that if you aspirate the needle before pushing.

Read Methusaleh's post again - it's a good one. Pay special attention to the discussion of needle length. Gauge is not the big factor here (although I wouldn't go higher than 23 gauge for an oil-based shot), length is the important consideration - for a glute shot, you should be using a 1-1/2" long needle, not the 1" long needles that you would normally use for the quads or delts. If you use the longer needle and if you are shooting the correct part of your butt (upper, outer quadrant), you are pretty much guaranteed that you will hit muscle rather than fat.

nemesis is offline New Member
    i saw a friend's knee's actually buckel up and fall straight down
    because he hit the sciatic nerve. it scared the hell out of him and me to.

I found this at http://www.steroidworld.com/inject.htm I hope it helps.

There are three areas where steroids are the easiest and safest to inject. They are the glutes, delts, and thighs. The glutes are the easiest and safes out of the three, so we will explain injection procedures for the glutes. The injection procedure will be explained in easy to understand writing. (Please read the disclaimer at the bottom)

When injecting into the glute, divide one of the glutes into four equal quadrons, you are aiming at the top outer most quadron. Now in more detail, it should be 2-3 inches below the iliac crest. Iliac crest, the top of the pelvic girdle on the posterior (back) side. You can find this area by feeling the uppermost bony area above each cheek. This area has few nerves and blood vessels. Below is a picture of how the glute can be divided into four areas. The darkest area is a more accurate area of where you would like to inject.

Needles. When getting needles there are two types of needles, oil based and water based, make sure you get the right one. An example of a needle is 22 gauge 1 1/2", the higher the number infront, the skinnier the needle is, the lower, the thicker, or duller the needle is. The second number after the word "gauge" is how long the pin is. You want atleas an inch thick so it goes deep inside the muscle.

First things first, make sure you have the right drug, and you know what dossage you are going to take. First off we'll use the vial(bottle with rubber top). Everyone should use all precautions, just to be safe. It is recommended that the person taking the injection showers before the shot. It is easier toget a friend to help as well. After the shower, both persons should wash their hands with soap and water.

After everything is ready, clean the injection site using a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. Then do the same with a new swab at the top of the vial, where the needle will be inserted. Take the needle out of the wrapper, draw the needle full of air(pull the handle back all the way), insert it into the vial, push the air into the vial, turn the needle and vial upside down(the bottle should be facing down, and the needle facing up), and pull back the need to the required amount. I first expect it just to quickly run into the needle but it takes a little time. Add about 1/4 cc to the amount, so if you want 2 ccs, take up 2 1/4 ccs, because of the bubbles. Next take a new syringe, remove it from the plastic, unscrew the pin, and switch it with the pin from the syringe with the steroid in it. Take the needle out of the bottle, keep it facing up, and tap the plastic part of the syringe, to get all the little bubbles out. When all the air is towards the pin(metal part), start pushing the syringe so the air comes out of the needle, you will see the air rise to the top, don't stop until a few little drops of the drug run down the pin. It tells you the air is out, and it gives lubrication. Reswab the injection site, make sure you know where it is, and slowly insert the needle like a dart. After the needle is in deep, pull back on the needle(like drawing air into the needle) without removing any of the needle from the body, pull it out about 1/2 cc, this is to make sure it doesn't fill with blood, if it fills with blood it means it is inserted into a blood vessel. If no blood is present, you should see bubble, then push the needle, so the liquid is injected inside the body. Do this slowly, then after the liquid is in, remove the needle, and apply a cotton swab. Massage the injection site with the swab on for a few minutes to minimize soreness. Dispose of all waste into a safe place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you miss your muscle when you shoot?-ass.gif  

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Great posts guys. One thing, how careful are ya'll about getting every last little bubble out of the syringe when you inject??

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Great post, and with the help of www.spotinjections.com you can get some nice detail pictures

Originally posted by JP1570
    Great posts guys. One thing, how careful are ya'll about getting every last little bubble out of the syringe when you inject??

I do the best I can but don't really worry about it. I load the syringe before I get in the shower and let it sit upright until I'm done, flick it a couple of times, push the bubble out. If there's a couple of tiny bubbles I don't worry, I just take the shot. And guess what, I'm still here to tell about it.

Yea, me too M. I always load a few minutes before shooting and let it sit. I used to waste gear trying to get every last little bubble out. Now, if there are a few tiny ones, I just say F it. I always aspirate , even in glute shots.

Yep, for what it's worth... [Hear say] I heard that it would take a few cc's directly into the vein to kill you. I could care less about a bubble or two in my muscle.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Terinox
    Great post, and with the help of www.spotinjections.com you can get some nice detail pictures
    Check out the ass on that guy!

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    this is a good question what would you do if you did shoot gear into vessal?

Die a horrible, writhing death. No, someone had mentioned before that it would possibly cause temporary elevation of BP, but nothing too serious. Anyone know for sure???

Thread Information