Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Question for Acne sufferer's on AS...

For those of you who were already predisposed to acne (slightly or alot, whatever), once you started the AS, did your's flare up considerably, stay the same, or what? I want to get an idea of the magnitude of what's to come (from an acne sufferer's P.O.V.).

I will be starting a Sust/Eq cycle soon. I have Panothenic Acid I will take approx. 3 g per day starting yesterday throughout Clomid therapy. I had never heard of this stuff b/f I came on this board. Does the shit really work. I want personal stories....
    Peace

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    i don't get acne until i stop my cycle. then the acne lasts for about 8 weeks

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    I got acne after my clomid therapy and it lasted for about a month and a 1/2. I just went to the Dermatologist last week and she gave me retin-a and some other alcohol smelling stuff that I dab on. She also gave me a skin bleacher for the red spots. I plan on using it all over my face to look like Michael jackson.
    I hate acne though.

jersey juice is offline Member
    If your predisposed to acne you'll get it bad, I know I do and it hurts!!! Not little bullshit acne, big fuckerswith roots!! I heard the acis works to a degree, but I also think that you get it cause your hormone levels are all over the place like a 14 year old.

Iconn is offline Associate Member
    I got acne on my back, shoulders, and some on my arms from sust. It didnt go away right after. I used 10-12g a day of B-5. After a month it started going away completely but I started getting white spots and little 3 day cysts. I got some other stuff that has B-5 and niacin and molybdnum in it. Totally clear except for the occasional ones on my chin from shaving.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by Iconn
    I got acne on my back, shoulders, and some on my arms from sust. It didnt go away right after. I used 10-12g a day of B-5. After a month it started going away completely but I started getting white spots and little 3 day cysts. I got some other stuff that has B-5 and niacin and molybdnum in it. Totally clear except for the occasional ones on my chin from shaving.
    What might "that other stuff" be?

thecoachman is offline Associate Member
    I got it post cycle around the time of clomid.
    Not that bad but worst than I ever had even as a kid?

I will be getting some kind of medication next time.

anyone herd of "Black Ointment".

does it work?

I might try that next post cycle.

bty
    bty is offline New Member
    I did get acne on my shoulders, back, and slightly on my arms from my 10 week sus/test enth but didnt get any face flare ups. Go tanning, it will clear some of it up and hide some of it

jersey juice is offline Member
    Originally posted by thecoachman

anyone herd of "Black Ointment".

does it work?

I might try that next post cycle.
    Yea that was me who posted it, great stuff, if you start to get acne it draws it right out withing 2 hours and drains it. It's also called drawing ointment ask your folks they know what it is. Go to herbsfirst.com not bad on prices either.

popeyethasailah is offline Junior Member
    i just smashed a juicy lil fellah on my chest actually... off the sustanon for 2 weeks now, waiting one more week before hitting the clomid. i just started getting acne bad the last couple days, and i am taking in atleast 2.5g's of panth acid a day, and i have been for the last couple of weeks ever since i read about it on here. i dont know if its doing anything, i always get acne and it hasnt been bad until i stopped the sus 2 weeks ago. i have never used clomid after cycles because all i have taken before was deca and eq a bunch of times...and my doctor scared the shit out of me when i asked him about clomid, but i guess thats just how some doctors are. looking forward to seeing how bad the backne gets during and after clomid theropy...anyway, as far as the vitamin b(panth acid) goes, i remember reading in a men's fitness mag that it has a very poor absorbtion rate, and only has a few effective forms (one being inj.) so its hard to say... peace.

BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member
    most of the time acne will flair up during clomid therapy while the synthetic testosterone is going down and the natural is going up. just the way it is. if it flares up really bad, then i would suggest some accutane. here are some facts about accutane.

Accutane

I. Definition:

Isotretinoin (trade name: Accutane) is a powerful drug used in the treatment of acne. Four to five months of isotretinoin treatment usually leads to clearing of acne for one year or more after the medicine is stopped. Most other acne-controlling medicines are antibacterial agents, which are effective only if the medicine is used daily.

II. Side Effects:

Why shouldn't all acne patients take isotretinoin? Isotretinoin has significant side effects:

Side Effects: Frequency:

Chapped lips 90%
    Dry skin and itching 80% - the use of daily alpha hydroxacids will help prevent this side effect.
    Dryness of nose, mild nosebleed 80%
    Irritation of the eyelids and eyes 40% - Vitamin E 400 IU each day may lessen this side effect.
    Joint and muscle pains 15%
    Temporary hair thinning 10%
    Rash 7%
    Intestinal symptoms 5%
    Urinary symptoms 5%
    Headache 5%
    Increased sensitivity to sunburn 5% - the use of daily sunscreen will help prevent this side effect.
    Decreased night vision <1%
    Depression, thoughts of suicide <1%
    Isotretinoin may increase the level of blood fats, sometimes to risky levels. Occasionally it may affect the liver. That's why regular blood tests are necessary when you are taking isotretinoin; these tests must be done when you have fasted for 12 hours (no breakfast), so that the blood fat determinations are reliable. A baseline blood chemistry test is established before patients start isotretinoin.

The most damaging side effect of isotretinoin is serious birth defects if taken during pregnancy.

It is critically important for women not to take isotretinoin while pregnant, and not to become pregnant while taking it. Women who are, or expect to be, sexually active while taking isotretinoin must use an effective method of birth control. This usually means oral contraceptive pills and one other additional method of birth control such as a condoms for the male partner. A woman who does get pregnant while on isotretinoin must be prepared to have an abortion and must state this in writing before many physicians will prescribe isotretinoin for her.

A women who has taken Accutane should not get pregnant until one month after stopping the medication. After that time, it's safe to become pregnant. Because the birth defects caused by isotretinoin are so serious, it's important not to share the pills with others.

We don't know whether isotretinoin taken by men can cause birth defects, so it's best not to get a woman pregnant while taking isotretinoin. If she is not using birth control, the man should use a condom.

There are a few reports of patients having decreased night vision after using Accutane. One patient still had problems six months after the drug was stopped. If you experience trouble with your vision while on Accutane, call the office right away.

Some people develop headaches while on Accutane. If you develop a persistent headache while on Accutane, call your physician right away. A persistent headache, which will not go away while on Accutane, can be dangerous and you should stop the medication.

Accutane rarely causes depression and thoughts of suicide. If this were to occur stop the medicine immediately and call your physician.

III. How does isotretinoin work?

Isotretinoin decreases the amount of oil produced by the skin's sebaceous (oil) glands. It may be as long as two months before you see improvement in your skin. There's no medicine we can add to speed up isotretinoin's action. In fact, sometimes acne gets worse during the first month or so of treatment. Side effects, such as lip dryness, begin before the acne starts to clear.

IV. How To Use Isotretinoin:

Take the medicine with food, you can take the entire daily dose with supper, this increases the absorption of the medicine.

V. Long-term Results:

Isotretinoin isn't a permanent cure for acne, although it often buys time until nature clears your skin. Your skin may stay clear for months, even years, after isotretinoin is stopped.

In about one person in 10, acne comes back after one year. About one person in four has acne again after two years. If your acne returns, antibiotics may work, or you may be treated with isotretinoin again.

The use of daily alpha hydroxyacids will help prevent small flare-ups after a course of Accutane.

Accutane

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    dont' use accutane either it can give you liver failure

BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member
    that is why in my post, it says that regular blood tests are neccessary. this is by far, the strongest medicine you can get for acne.

Thread Information