arc angel is offline New Member

pain med /morphine

i have some morphine sufate 30mg tabs.would 1 of these do the trick for pain relief? i never took these before and i dont normally take stuff like that.but i hurt my shoulder and im going to take these for a few days thats all.i just dont know the dosage to use like should i take 1-2-3 at a time?

Dizzy is offline Banned
    I vote strongly against using them. Try something else.

Originally posted by Dizzy
    I vote strongly against using them. Try something else.
    why?

Dizzy is offline Banned
    First off, you should go to a doctor if your in great pain. I am not a doctor but I will still give you my advice. Morphine is extremely addictive. I would never advise anyone to use it unless they are in unbearable pain and recomended by a doctor to do so. Do you not have anything else you could try?

well its just for a few days but i geuss i could take motrin or something.i dont think ill get addicted to it though i never got into painkillers and those types of drugs.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Morphine is derivative of opium. Heroin is a derivative of morphine. Scary painkiller man. If you have to use it then take 1/2 of one and see if that helps.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Raw opium contains some 20 alkaloid substances, one of which is morphine, in a typical yield of 10%. Morphine was first isolated in 1805 by Friedrich Sertürner, an apothecary's assistant in Paderborn, Germany, however its basic structure was not correctly determined until 120 years later. In the 1800s morphine (known then as laudanum) was a popular panacea and was available from grocers and markets. Later on its addictive qualities led to its use and availability being severely restricted.

Morphine is isolated from opium in large quantities (over 1000 tons per year), although most commercial opium is converted into codeine by methylation. Morphine acts as an anesthetic without decreasing consciousness, and it is one of the most powerful analgesics known. However it also suppresses the respiratory system, and high doses can cause death by respiratory failure. Its analgesic properties are related to the ability of the molecule to fit into and block a specific receptor site on a nerve cell. This eliminates the action of the pain receptor, preventing the pain signals reaching the brain. This is similar to the way in which the body's natural painkillers (endorphins and enkaphalins) work. The shape of the morphine molecule is crucial to its ability to exactly fit into the active site on the receptor - the 'lock-and-key' mechanism. The benzene group of the morphine molecule fits snugly against a flat section of the receptor protein, whilst the bent neighbouring group of carbon atoms fits into a nearby groove. This allows the positively charged nitrogen atom to attach to a negatively-charged group on the receptor, so locking the two molecules together.

Morphine blocks deep aching pain, but has no effect on the fast pain that results from injury. One side effect of the analgesic action is that the patient often gets a feeling of detachment from the world, along with euphoria and sometimes pleasure. It is this which makes morphine, and the other drugs related to it (such as heroin), attractive to those who want to use drugs for 'recreational' reasons. However all of these drugs are highly addictive, and the body rapidly gets acclimatised to their use, such that increasingly large dosages are required for the same effect.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Why? BECAUSE you don't have a clue, that's why.

Arc angel, don't ask me why, but I actually like you, dude. Despite that whining thread about career-versus-job, and despite the idiotic post that starts this thread. So sit back and take your medicine - this post, not the morphine - and you'll get some education in ths bargain.

First, morphine tablets come in various strengths ranging from 5 mg. to 30 mg. Obviously, you've got the strongest strength there. (And no, I won't tell you how to take it and what the correct dosing is - you are so ignorant about the drug you're sitting on that I won't accept the responsibility for screwing you up.) You obviously don't even know what drug you have - you have provided no indication of whether these are immediate release or sustained release morphine tablets and, yes, there is a diference.

Second reason, they are not yours. I don't particular care whether you stole or took them from someone else or whether a bigger idiot gave them to you, they were not prescribed for you, period. You were not examined by a physician to determine if you have any contraindication, allergy, or sensitivity to morphine, and you are obviously not knowledgable enough to prescribe any medication of this nature to yourself.

Third, morphine is highly addictive. If you want an excuse to become a morphine junkie, you will find neither endorsement nor absolution here.

Fourth, morphine is indicated for "moderate to severe" pain. Pain is classified as mild, moderate, or severe, and the range of pain treated by moprphine is the same range for pain that is treated by Oxycontin, Vicodin, Percocet, and other narcotic drugs.

If you haven't gotten to the point where you're screaming in such agony that you trucked your butt to the nearest doctor, you are not in the degree of pain that requires morphine. Who takes morphine? People who are dying, people with a terminal illness, people with cancer, people who are post-operative from major surgery. Not guys who just "hurt [their] shoulder."

Now, if you think that this was a hard-assed post, Arc angel, tough. We really do care about the people that are on this board, and it's some hard-assed information you need right now, bro.

P.S. I sure hope you haven't already taken 3 of these pills at once, because chances are that you might not be around anymore. If so, it was a pleasure having you here at Anabolic Review.
    And send us a message from the next world.

well first off i wasnt whining in my other thread,period.secondly it might be an idiotic post to you but not to me.not everybody is intellectually superior like yourself.you like me?hmm Id hate to see a poston someone you dislike.the pills fyi were given to me.i do not take things that arent mine nor do i forge scripts etc...and your post was informative.harsh? no. and i do know what drug i have,hence the post.morphine sulfate to be exact ill dose to my needs and split it in half and start there,i only have a couple anyway.your post was informative to a degree minus the tough stuff and alittle amusing thanks.ok time to nod out

Originally posted by Dizzy
    Raw opium contains some 20 alkaloid substances, one of which is morphine, in a typical yield of 10%. Morphine was first isolated in 1805 by Friedrich Sertürner, an apothecary's assistant in Paderborn, Germany, however its basic structure was not correctly determined until 120 years later. In the 1800s morphine (known then as laudanum) was a popular panacea and was available from grocers and markets. Later on its addictive qualities led to its use and availability being severely restricted.

Morphine is isolated from opium in large quantities (over 1000 tons per year), although most commercial opium is converted into codeine by methylation. Morphine acts as an anesthetic without decreasing consciousness, and it is one of the most powerful analgesics known. However it also suppresses the respiratory system, and high doses can cause death by respiratory failure. Its analgesic properties are related to the ability of the molecule to fit into and block a specific receptor site on a nerve cell. This eliminates the action of the pain receptor, preventing the pain signals reaching the brain. This is similar to the way in which the body's natural painkillers (endorphins and enkaphalins) work. The shape of the morphine molecule is crucial to its ability to exactly fit into the active site on the receptor - the 'lock-and-key' mechanism. The benzene group of the morphine molecule fits snugly against a flat section of the receptor protein, whilst the bent neighbouring group of carbon atoms fits into a nearby groove. This allows the positively charged nitrogen atom to attach to a negatively-charged group on the receptor, so locking the two molecules together.

Morphine blocks deep aching pain, but has no effect on the fast pain that results from injury. One side effect of the analgesic action is that the patient often gets a feeling of detachment from the world, along with euphoria and sometimes pleasure. It is this which makes morphine, and the other drugs related to it (such as heroin), attractive to those who want to use drugs for 'recreational' reasons. However all of these drugs are highly addictive, and the body rapidly gets acclimatised to their use, such that increasingly large dosages are required for the same effect.
    ok so i geuss itll do the trick.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    ok so i geuss itll do the trick.
    Yeah, I geuss itll do. Yuor welcum.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Oh, and arc angel.

The next time your ********* hurts, and you come to the boards asking "Is it ok to inject my ********* with dilaudid?". Just go ahead. Your not gonna listen anyway.

[Edited to remove language sexist in nature.]
    Last edited by TNT; 03-12-2002 at 10:15 PM.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    IMO, In all defense to Arc, he has a legit question. I did not read any other post by him. Arc, if your pain is that unbearable, take a shitload of Advil...it has always worked for me. If you can get your hands on something a little less severe (i.e. Davacet, Vicodin, Tylenol 3, etc.) take that. Morphine is a hardcore painkiller, no doubt. If I were you, and that's all I had for pain, I would do as Dizzy advised and take 1/2 and see how that helps.

Another thing, listen to the advice that TNT gives, it is always detailed and very accurate. He has given me sound advice in the past and I greatly appreciated it. Just my 2cc.
    Peace

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    dude, all you need to see is MTV's true life: I'm addicted to oxycontin. that will change the way you view pain meds forever. stay away if you can man. best of luck, peace out.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i deleted the shitty posts already if u r gonna argue take it to pm also to me sounds like a great justification morphine from experience could ruin your entitre life take away your family and end u up in jail with nothing you could lose your job your hone your morals, values and direction in life

want to take the chance??

peace

hammerhead is offline Member
    I can summarize everything for everyone in one short paragraph: There is no way any doctor will give you a prescription for morphine for a hurt shoulder. Your local pharmacy does not stock it. You had to have gotten it from your druggie friends. You have asked us to condone drug abuse. You unknowingly insulted many members. You were flamed and deserve some of it. Some of you went a little too far on the flaming but i'm not one to judge nor will I defend the person who started this thread.

Morphine is very very addictive. I became addicted to hydromorphone (Dilaudid) when I was in college and i'm here to tell you it is a living hell. That stuff is so damn addictive you would be a fool to take it for fun and expect to be able to handle it.

Lessons learned: don't anyone post a question like "My doctor gave me crack to smoke because of my headaches is this okay?" and expect anything but heavy flamage. Don't play with fire and expect to not get burned. Morphine is way too dangerous to play with pal. If you want to get high buy a six pack and don't tell us about it.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Sorry for my behavior. I have other problems right now, and I used the board to vent. I hope I didn't affend anyone.

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    dilaudid...i got that after my surgery. were like 4mg or somethin. didnt know it came in injectable..... way for me to be on topic

Thread Information