TIM
    TIM is offline Associate Member

big problem in middle of cycle but need operation ?

right i am in the middle of a cycle and i have been waiting for an operation on my nose so i can breathe out of it ! and i have been told its going to be in the next couple of weeks ! i am going for a pre-assesment in a couple of days and they are going to take a blood sample ! do u think it will make a difference if i am on the gear ? the other thing is i have to be off work for 2 weeks to make sure i dont get an infection ! this is going to mess my cycle right up ! i will have to stop the gym for at least a week or two ! i am taking sus, prop ,winny should i stop the gear while i recover ? the sus will still be in my system to keep the gains ? should i lower my food intake in the time off ? help

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    TIM i got the same problem with my nose to bad i gotta wait til 21 for surgery

TIM
    its a pisser ! some tosser broken my nose about 5 years ago when i got jumped ! that was when i was 4 stone lighter then ! i think next time i see him i am going to shatter his jaw ! i am rather pissed off my cycle is going really well i am in the best shape i have ever been ! i have gained almost 10lbs in 2.5 weeks and my bodyfats dropping good style !
    why 21 ?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: big problem in middle of cycle but need operation ?

No, yes, yes, and it doesn't matter - in that order.

It should not make a significant difference that you are on gear, since the lab tests will not include AS. However, keep in mind that some of your normal readings may be skewed by AS - for example, you might have a higher cholesterol reading than normal. (Ditto your blood pressure, especially if you have been doing any supplements containing ephedrine.) If this happens, and if you are comfortable with doing so, simply inform your surgeon that you do AS, let him or her know the date that you stopped your cycle (which should be now).

Should you stop the gear while you recover? Absolutely - in fact, you should stop teh gear now so that your lab readings have a chance to normalize. I don't know how to tell you this, bro, but it ain't the end of the world. We see a lot of people who have major concerns about having to interrupt a cycle, but the truth is that if you cycled today, you can cycle again in a week, a month, or a couple of months - whatever it takes so that you cycle in maximum condition.

Will you retain your gains? Probably - the difference of a few weeks won't matter, and even if you lose a few pounds, you can put them back on.

Should you lower your food intake? That's optional. Keep in mind that the more you eat, the more calories you have to burn through exercise of some type (whether cardio or lifting). If you're recuperating from surgery, you won't be burning as many calories. (And you should not work out until your doctor gives you the all-clear. That will probably be the most frustrating thing of all.) Therefore, if you max out your food intake while not working out, you're more likely to put on pounds of fat than pounds of muscle. Act accordingly.

Good luck with the surgery - our thoughts are with you.

TIM
    cheers ! the timing sucks ! arhhhhh !

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro the op sucks and you will out of the gym longer than that.I guess they are doing the same as I had done and that was to remove fragmented bone and enlarge the nostrils because they close up with scar tissue.(I had mine broken more than once) The op hurts like mad and everytime I trained afterwards it bled and gave me bad headaches.Be prepared for at least a month out of the gym.Does it work - I know of 5 people who have had the op and it does jack shit mines worse than ever.

As for the AAS unless they test for AAS which they won,t it won,t make any diff

TIM
    make that 6 ! i have had it doe once before to ! ur right it did hurt like hell ! and my nose is worse than it was before ! my new doctor sad that the doc that did it last time made a mess of it ! and she recons she can do better ! i am having second thoughts about it as i dont know anyone who it has worked for either ! i am going to tell the doctor i am on as and just say to him i will have the op in 8 weeks after my cycle or forget it ! i dont fancy having to interupt my cycle on the off chance it might work this time ! not to mention the pain !

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    Don't know but good luck with your surgery.

Thread Information