Thread: New Gym...sorta

Rottie is offline New Member

New Gym...sorta

Today I signed up at my old gym, and sorta feeling..umm...strange.

Its been 8 years since Ive used this gym, but since its open 24hrs a day, and has an awesome free-weight facility,and its only like a 5mn jog for me----I re-upped.

Now, heres my concern. Since its been some years since Ive really trained hard, and my body is not in the extreme zone it once was...Im sorta feeling self-conscious about working out in front of other people.

I know this may sound strange for some of you, but like all my good BB pals, we all seem to suffer from a tad of narcissism, and a not so stellar body really can play mind games on the workout. Im not saying this will be an ongoing issue, but any words of confidence to help a guy get re-motivated again would be appreciated.

I just noticed if a guy deletes his posts(paranoia..lol) it also gets your total post count zilched...ugg...maybe I need to lay off the Xenadrine.

Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member
    i'd say pick a goal look, have that look in your head, and if you current physique bothers you, get yourself some sweat suits bro and keep covered while at the gym, it helps to keep your mind off your looks and keep yourself focused on your lifts

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    go gettem tiger!

Rottie is offline New Member
    Ok...well I had a 2 hour workout lastnight...and I think I just had a case of the nerves. All went well, and I felt comfortabe as well. In fact I had such a good workout, I didnt have time to think about what others were gabbing about.

Thanks ppl
    rottie

senor_gato is offline Junior Member
    I was going to suggest some late hour workouts since the gym IS 24 hours. However, you appear to be coping just fine, carry on.

Thread Information