alter beast is offline New Member

bulking phase and high reps?

Any of you mix up you lifting regime, I know you stagnate after a while doing the same thing after a while so do any of you go from your heave 6-8 reps and change it up to some thing higher? I know I have heard some crazy things like 20-50 reps which causes severe lactic acid buildup, which in turns releases gh.

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    Yea I agree with sk* For my bulking (not while on gear as I have not yet used any) I start with a warmup of about 10 reps or so then take my 6 rep max and drop it down 10 pounds. I do a set of 6 with this weight. I then add the 10 pounds and do a set of 4. I then add another 10 pounds and do at least 2-3 reps I push out as many as possible. I have found this to work very well to gain mass and strenth pretty quick. DIET is also a big part.

-g

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Low reps for bulking!

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    I was a firm beleiver of 4-6 reps for all sets for mass. 6 months and a stretched ligiment in my elbow later...imma have to say im becoming an advocate of 10-15 reps. I agree with what cutler and alot of ather pros say. Keep the stress on your muscles not your joints and connective tissues. In my book overload is overload. Doin 405 for 4-6 reps or doing 295 for 12 cant see much difference.

dyno45 is offline Junior Member
    The key to the low reps is to keep adding more weight every week . If your able to add weight you get stronger, if you get stronger you get bigger. High reps are for toning. Changing your routine is a must. The different variations reach the whole muscle not just part of it. Just my 2c.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I personally do pyramiding...that way the muscles are exposed to all facets of overloading. I usually do a warm up with 15 reps then it's 10,8,6,4....when powerlifting I do several warm up sets to the max weight and then just go all out on the last set!

Periodization works quite well too(for me) 8 weeks of 10-12 reps, then 8 weeks of 6-8 reps, then 8 weeks of 3-5 reps, then a full week off with no training then start over again...only this time you start a little heavier and complete your 10-12 reps etc...that way the muscles never really get use to a certain routine!

Thread Information