Thread: "As seen on TV"

thecoachman is offline Associate Member

"As seen on TV"

Has anyone tried those electric shocking ab things on TV? I know Bruce Lee used this kind of shock treatment but I was wondering of those little ones on TV does anything???

Has anyone tried any of those????

just saw something on the news about it and they didn't say anything bad about it?

just curious....

Nico is offline Associate Member
    Bro, I have the Fast Abs. It was given to me as a gift. Personally i wouldnt spend money for anything like it. The shock is not even close enough to get a descent muscle contraction, even on the highest level. You only see results if you are really lean already. i am at 9%bf riht now and at one point I was using it 3times a day for like 20min at a time. You get a mouch better workout doing leg raise and crunches. Dont waste your time or money.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    they're fun to play around with, but won't do anything for you unless you have terrible nerve innervation to those muscles, to the point that you can't flex them yourself for every day life activities. they're useful for stroke patients who have lost some of those abilities.

Thanks guys! That is kinda what I thought.

DevilsDeity:
    Sorry, I never even thought to search for that one? I didn't think anyone asked that yet. My fault!

thanks again.....

JRob is offline Associate Member
    During rehad after a knee surgery they used electric stim much like these machines do. It actually worked at rebuilding the small tear drop muscle on the inside of the knee. However, the contraction that I got from the machine bordered on my pain threshold. They would actually crank it up to the point that I couldn't take it and then back off a little. So that type of stimulation can work but I don't think that anything like the abtronic will supply enough of a contraction to work.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by JRob
    During rehad after a knee surgery they used electric stim much like these machines do. It actually worked at rebuilding the small tear drop muscle on the inside of the knee. However, the contraction that I got from the machine bordered on my pain threshold. They would actually crank it up to the point that I couldn't take it and then back off a little. So that type of stimulation can work but I don't think that anything like the abtronic will supply enough of a contraction to work.
    Yeah my chriopracter put me on an electric pulse thing for my neck after a car crash I was in that side-lined me for 5 months. I didn't really like it though, it was supposed to be like a massage but it just made me get all tense. I've heard a lot of crappy reviews about the electric ab things, even if they did work there is no range of motion so function strength would be minimal, and without regular ab work, with range of motion, you are setting yourself up for lower back problems. But maybe as a supplement I don't see how it could hurt, I just wouldn't waste my $ on it, would rather buy protein with that $40

4plates is offline Banned
    a freind has one so i tried it,i didnt even know it was on.
    a portable tens unit from the chiropracter is much stronger

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    funniest shit ever i saw on tv

"some abs workouts actualy make your muscles bigger!!"

as if it was a bad thing!!!!! lol

tackle78 is offline Junior Member
    Our trainer has a similar thing with pads on it like some guys mentioned. I asked him and he said it was a 5000$ machine and something less than 1000$ wouldn't do shit. But the one he has makes your muscles burn like a mother.

What about those one w/ the pads on the magazines that come in like a brief case? They are pretty expensive?

again, I am just curious. I hit the gym everyday.
    Speaking of hitting the gym; Yesterday at about 5:15pm during inclined bar something kicked in!!!! And when it did, it was the best feeling ever! I lifted the most I have ever lifted in all areas yesterday.
    What do you guys think kicked in :

I am on:
    Dbol , Sust, deca , T Cyp
    In day 15, yesterday was day 14.
    750mg of sust. (2 shots, 2 days,) 600mg deca (2 shots, 2 days) dbols 50-75mg ED, T Cyp 500mg week1 250mg week 2.

what ya think of all that????

Thread Information