Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator

testicular atrophy:

there was a question on testicular atrophy posted earlier by someone. here's the abstract of a study i dug up:

Can J Comp Med 1985 Jul;49(3):333-6

The effects of androgens and gonadotropins on testicular development in the prepubertal rat.

Kennedy RI, Rawlings NC, Murphy BD.

Treatment of male rat pups from five to 34 days of age with dihydrotestosterone or 5 alpha-androstane-3 alpha, 17 beta-diol, resulted in reduced testicular size at 35 days of age. This appeared to be due to decreased tubular diameters and reduced spermatocyte numbers, especially late pachytene cells in stages X to XIII. In rat pups treated with dihydrotestosterone or 5 alpha-androstane-3 alpha, 17 beta-diol, treatment with luteinizing hormone resulted in some restoration of tubular diameter and spermatocyte numbers. In 5 alpha-androstane-3 alpha, 17 beta-diol treated rat pups partial restoration of testes size resulted from follicle-stimulating hormone treatment, but tubular diameter and spermatocyte numbers were depressed. Single serum samples collected at 35 days of age were analysed for luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormone concentrations. These data indicated that the effects of administered androgens were due primarily to depression of circulating gonadotropin concentrations but a direct inhibition at the level of the testis could not be ruled out.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I think I understood better before I heard the explanation!! lol

Damn doctors, always poking, proding, pinching rats on the ass-and even worse-use reaaaaalllllly big words!

tell me what that says in english dr e.

peace,

cp

basically it just says steroids causes your balls to shrink. the actual things that shrink inside your nuts are "tubes and spermatocytes" responsible for producing sperm.

the addition of fsh and lh helps to recover the balls to normal size.

clomid is something that stimulates natural production of fsh and lh. hcg is something that is very similar to lh and acts in a similar manner, but does not stimulate natural production of lh.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    thanks doc!!

I have heard many explanations before, that one I understand and it makes sense to me!!

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Good post Dr Evil. Your chock full of info dude.

PunkRawk is offline Member
    hence why some people use clomid during cycle to stimulate lh and fsh therefore keeping nut shrinkage to a minimum

Originally posted by PunkRawk
    hence why some people use clomid during cycle to stimulate lh and fsh therefore keeping nut shrinkage to a minimum
    there's a debate about how effective that is though. the massive amount of steroid that we use may negate any stimulation the clomid tries to give to the hypothalamus.

very possible....do we have a test volunteer???

timvds is offline Member
    actually, im about to start a cycle... hows 50 mg clomid as soon as testicular atrophy kicks in. then 50 mg eod till symptoms subside sound?

keep us posted!!!!!!!!!

PUNKRAWK

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    timvds you too big to be a lab rat!

another great post by the doc!

timvds is offline Member
    no seriously, ill try it for a week and keep ya posted. nuts dont usually shrink unless i use tren . which i will be, so ill let yas know

tim, try it out and see how it works. i've tried that before and got nothing, except for a little more acne.

alter beast is offline New Member
    I laugh when everyone worries about the size of their balls, the way I see it, I love the lower sperm count, extra protection to me boys, lol.

Thread Information