gettinthere is offline Associate Member

AAS and recovery time...

I am only 5 days into my first cycle. one test injection of 250mg on monday, and 30ed of dbol so far. I think i can tell the slightest difference in strength already. What I'm even more interested in, is recovery time from working out. So far i have worked even harder this week on the same excercises and sets that I've done in the past, reaching failure even more often and just really hitting it hard. Normally my traps or shoulders are sore for atleast 4 days off of these excercises, and thats how I know I had a good workout. Well, for all the muscle groups I've done this week, I have felt no soreness after two days. Since I judge the quality of my workout by how long I am sore afterwards, I feel like I haven't been working hard enough or something. Even though when i leave I really feel like I can do no more of whatever group I was working. Is this the way it is with aas? Have I even been on long enough to get any real effects? Should I workout more often since I feel like I can?
    Help me out bros

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    yep, it's the way it is. don't work out more often, just make the workouts more intense and perhaps slightly higher volume.

thanks dr.,
    for example, chest day was always bench, incline dumbells, decline, cable flies. All until failure. When you say more volume to the workout, would you do more sets, reps, or excercises?

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Protein synthesis is increased and nitrogen balance stays positive as long as you eat plent of protein and sleep enough.

You can increase the intensity of your training (compound sets, giant sets, and/or pre-exhaust synergists. You can add volume by either adding sets, reps or both. You can do more exercises but I don't think it's not necessary by looking at our chest work.

Keep traning hard, and EAT and SLEEP!

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    intensity is defined by how heavy you go. volume is how many reps per body part. 20 sets of 2 reps until failure is the same volume as 2 sets of 20 reps. the first is much higher in intensity. adding more exercises per body part will also add to the total number of reps for that body part, thus increasing volume. however, increasing volume is one of the biggest culprits of overworking, so be careful not to increase it too much.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    If you think logically when you train without AS you know less can mean more gains(ITS CALL REST AND RECUPERATION)so while on AS the general rule applies but as you recovery will be faster you can hit the weights harder in every session as your strenth increases.(EAT A LOT TRAIN HARD AND REST EVEN MORE)...JMO..

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    It's most likely the dbol that you're noticing. I can't imagine your test would be kicking in this early unless it's prop. what kind of test is it?

enanth.....so it must be the dbol

Thread Information