Thread: BC Pill and AS

dallas is offline Female Member

BC Pill and AS

Does anyone know know about the taking the pill and AS? And effects?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, any opinions/information about any females that have taken Deca ?

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    female + deca = unable to stop irreversible side effects when they start because of the length of deca's ester.

pill + AS = not a problem usually. some women get a good amount of extra water retention even if it's just anavar . also it depends on what kind of birth control pill. anti-progestin birth control pills are very effective (and controversial), but would seem to me to be the best choice for women with or without AS.

btw, an example of one such anti-progestin BC pill is ru-486.

Thanks for the info Dr. Evil. Im on a very low dose of BC and I wasn't sure if that would affect a cycle in any way.

Thanks again!

PunkRawk is offline Member
    yep....ru-486 will stop progesterone related gyno in it's tracks....

i don't think she'd be worried about progestenic gyno

i know it won't effect your cycle much, but i don't know how AS would effect the efficacy of BC pills at all. you may want to consult a physician on that. don't worry, it's perfectly legal. the doc will not report you to the cops if you tell him you're taking AS. however the medical community always gives biased information when it comes to AS, so he may just tell you to stop taking it without much documented evidence of why.

9natural9 is offline Banned
    Dr. Evil really isnt THAT evil...................

Your your 9natural9, Dr Evil is not really THAT evil!

I didn't know if would hinder any gains or if they would counteract each other etc. I am new, so I still have questions! I appreciate all the information!
    I will check with my doctor... I think he will just give me "the" lecture, but we'll see.

i'll try to find some information in medical and research texts. btw, make yourself at home and welcome to the board. we love to help, so don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Thanks! I would appreciate that! I feel welcome already!

i tried, but unfortunately, i could only find one study that even came close. there just isn't a lot of research done on oral contraceptives for women and its interactions with anabolic steroids .

Horm Behav 1998 Dec;34(3):283-93

Inhibition of estrogen-induced sexual receptivity by androgens: role of the androgen receptor.

Blasberg ME, Robinson S, Henderson LP, Clark AS.

Department of Psychology, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA.

Both naturally occurring and synthetic androgens have been shown to inhibit estrogen-induced sexual receptivity when administered to ovariectomized (OVX) rats. The mechanisms by which androgens exert these effects, however, remain unclear. Experiments were conducted to determine the role of the androgen receptor in the inhibition of estrogen-induced sexual receptivity in OVX rats by using flutamide, an androgen receptor antagonist. In each experiment, OVX Long-Evans rats received 6 consecutive days of estradiol benzoate (EB; 2.0 microg/day) followed by 15 days of EB concurrent with flutamide (10. 0 mg/kg; twice daily) or the vehicle and one of the following androgens or the vehicle: dihydrotestosterone propionate (7.5 mg/kg), 3alpha-androstanediol (3.75 mg/kg), 17alpha-methyltestosterone (7.5 mg/kg), stanozolol (7.5 mg/kg), or nandrolone decanoate (7.5 mg/kg). On Day 15, all female rats received progesterone (P; 1.0 mg/rat) 4 h before testing. Tests for sexual receptivity were conducted on Days 3, 6, 14, and 15 of androgen/flutamide treatment. Each androgen inhibited sexual receptivity as expected, and concurrent treatment with flutamide reversed the inhibitory effects of all androgens on sexual receptivity on all test days. High levels of sexual receptivity were displayed in response to P on Day 15, regardless of experimental treatment. These results suggest that naturally occurring and synthetic androgens act at the androgen receptor to inhibit estrogen-induced sexual receptivity in OVX rats. Copyright 1998 Academic Press.

when you go to your doctor you may want to ask him about ru-486. this bc pill would avoid all kinds of unwanted side effects associated with typical birth control pills. unless you have a moral obligation to not have ru-486 in your home, which is understandable.

Thanks for your help Dr Evil. I will ask my doc and see what he thinks!

one more thing, i should elaborate on why deca is not a wise choice for women. the steroid nandrolone itself is actually not a bad choice for women. the problem is that it is attached to a very long ester, decanoate, hence the name deca. the long ester means that it takes a long time to release from the injected muscle into your blood (weeks). because women differ so greatly on how much steroids to take to be effective and avoid irreversible side effects, any adjustments you make with the deca dose won't be seen for a good 2 to 3 weeks. also, if an undesireable side effect happens you can stop injecting deca, but what you've injected for the past 3 weeks will keep releasing into your bloodstream, making the side effect worse. with other faster acting orals, you can stop the dosage and the side effect should subside within a few days.

if you like doing injections then i would suggest sticking to smaller faster acting esters like test suspension or propionate . the downside is that you'd have to inject almost everyday. however the best thing in my opinion is anavar for women. oral and very convenient.

with any steroid, if it's your first time, don't go over 70mg/wk. better to start low and feel your body out in the first cycle.

Thanks again Dr Evil...check your PM

ok, i'll get on it

Thread Information