Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Drunk while on AS...

ok, i'm drunk tonight. i know that you shouldn't drink while doing a cycle. i'm not doing any 17-alkaloide AS....only sust/Eq

i want to hear from those of you that OCASSIONALLY(sp?) drink on AS and if you think it's really that bad..

Peace

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    bro, i must confess, i have been drinking enough lately to make pete235 look shabby! its not the best idea's if on a 17aa, and not a great one if on test and eq. but.......we all do it.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Yep we all do it. However don't get complacent about it.

Bouncer

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    speak for yourselves!! iv not had a drink in years! Oops! tell a lie! i had a can of bud light the day i was married (last year)

before i get called a boring old fart i might point out that when i was younger (from about 13 to 21) i used to drink rather heavily, so i do know what its about - now though.... i just dont like the bloody stuff

as far as the thread goes its probably not going to kill you but i wouldnt go mixing with 17aa's

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I heard it's good to chase some jack daniels with dbol . helps with absorbtion just kidding of course

I agree with the others, be more careful if there 17AA involved.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Just a reminder fellas...for every time you have 3 beers, it's the equvalent to wasting one good workout. Heard this one a few times from experienced lifters.

<---partypooper

Doesn't mean I don't have a beer now and then though

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Ok , I have a question. I know I should use search but since this thread came up, whats the big deal of drinking and juicing up at same time?What effects does it have on you?sorry this might be a dumb question but I dont know the answer and would like to know.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Originally posted by rangerdudeleads
    Ok , I have a question. I know I should use search but since this thread came up, whats the big deal of drinking and juicing up at same time?What effects does it have on you?sorry this might be a dumb question but I dont know the answer and would like to know.
    i think the main problems only really occur when you drink and you are using 17aa AS - since these are hard on the liver anyway, adding to that stress by drinking is not too clever.

when it comes to juice which is not 17aa the only thing i can see thats wrong is what Canes4Ever said.

remember of course that beer is just useless calories!

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    I dont know about the rest of you guys, but a night out drinking for me will drain me of all energy the next day, and I have the worst workouts when i'm tired and dehydrated. I've never been much of a big drinker because of this and because I do dumb shit too.

Originally posted by Kaz

when it comes to juice which is not 17aa the only thing i can see thats wrong is what Canes4Ever said.

remember of course that beer is just useless calories!
    You last statement is perhaps what the bodybuilders I talked to were referring about.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    OK Drinking alcohol causes dehydration which further adds to the stress on you organs, particulary kidneys and liver. And kidneys under stress are a major contributor to high blood pressure.
    Also if your going to drink while on steroids on a regular basis you should really ask yourself why the heck your using steroids anyway and question your motivation.
    Finally alcohol increases your estrogen levels and so increases the risk of estrogen related side effects.

Bouncer

ragin' is offline Associate Member
    to each his own. i try my damndest not to drink while "on". i'm usually pretty successful. for me, and most other things in life, its either "all or nothing". so, it's stuck in my head that i've utterly condemned myself to hell if i drink during a cycle. it's like a fucked up feeling to me like eating half a cake or pizza while cutting... it just dosn't go together.

9natural9 is offline Banned
    My morality is suspect anyway (see pamela anderson post in opposite sex forum) so alcohol seems to intensify this personal setback

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    How about doing "E"?

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    dehydration also hurts gains.

depends on what your goals are. if you aren't trying to be the best you can be and want to have some fun and drink once in a while then there's nothing wrong with that.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Is an occasional glass of Wine just as bad as liquor or beer?

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    i wouldn't drink on cycle, but IMO an occasional anything isn't that bad. wine is fine. just keep it in moderation.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I to am guilty of drinking while on gear. However, I know that I am harming my body. But shit, after a long ass week of work I am going out to cut loose. I would rather hit the bars and play pool or hang with my friends instead of staying home. There's nothing like a few many cold frosty beers on a Friday after work. I would like to add that I do not drink on a regular bassis. Usually one night a week I do hard drinkinng. I feel as though it's a treat for doing so much work during the week. It helps me wind down and enjoy the weekend.

Originally posted by Butch
    I to am guilty of drinking while on gear. However, I know that I am harming my body. But shit, after a long ass week of work I am going out to cut loose. I would rather hit the bars and play pool or hang with my friends instead of staying home. There's nothing like a few many cold frosty beers on a Friday after work. I would like to add that I do not drink on a regular bassis. Usually one night a week I do hard drinkinng. I feel as though it's a treat for doing so much work during the week. It helps me wind down and enjoy the weekend.
    right on butch, my sentiments exactly

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I know you guys say alcohal hinders gains, im not arguing but...

my dad, i swear he's bascaily an alcohalic, drinks a good amount everday. he's about 240 with like 17inch forarms and about 17 inch arms also (there not flabby either, seriously, kinda ripped almost). The guy hasn't lifted a weight in 20 years and his arms i like that. though he does lift a lot of heavy stuff working on his farm and tractors.
    Now, he does have a bit of a gut, but he has huge legs and his arms arnt bad! especialy for not working out since before i was born. but if alcohal hurts gains so much and muscle mass, why isn't he a skinny weak man?

hope that wasnt confusing!
    Last edited by Iron horse; 03-22-2002 at 01:55 PM.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I have a few here and there. Just try not to get hammered...

M

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by bigkev
    bro, i must confess, i have been drinking enough lately to make pete235 look shabby! its not the best idea's if on a 17aa, and not a great one if on test and eq. but.......we all do it.
    He is right, and how can u resist when beer is filled with soo many carbs LOL! what sucks is that you starting feeling a buzz after 6 or so b/c u haven't drank in soo long.

allsteel is offline New Member
    I feel Drinkin is fine. I just don't take my orals (D-bol) friday and sat but take an extra one on sunday hasn't hurt my gains or anything yet just drink lots of water too.

ripped 27 is offline New Member

Thumbs up weed.....

Just smoke a joint (like i'm doing right now)all good no negatives

babysqeeze is offline Associate Member
    for some reason i lift heaviest after a hard night of drinkin. im serious. although i feel slower and more lathargic my strength is up. as far as aggression goes, i drank alot my first cycle and i almost got into countless fights. mainly for feeling all cock diesel, lve learned from that though

Re: weed.....

Originally posted by ripped 27
    Just smoke a joint (like i'm doing right now)all good no negatives
    right on bro, i'm wit ya!

hammerhead is offline Member
    Noone has yet to touch on a very important issue with alcohol. It is alot of must-be-burned cannot-be-stored calories with no nutritional value. Whatver calories you absorb as alcohol replaces calories that would've provided some nutritional value.

If you're planning your diet (which everyone on anabolics should be doing) then you're adding calories not accounted for. If you're actually planning your diet with an allotment for alcohol calories then you probably dont need to be using alkylated oral anabolics.

hammerhead is offline Member
    Another point - Halotestin , Anadrol and MethylTestosterone are especially cruel to the liver. I'd recommend not taking them if you know you're going to be drinking even moderate amounts of alcohol and/or taking potentially liver-stressing medications including but not limited to acetaminophen (paracetamol) and anti-histamines (diphenhydramine specifically).

And we can now remind ourselves to drink plenty plenty of water!

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I think it's worthwhile to lay of the alcohol while on a cycle. Too hard on the liver and if I have even a little alcohol, my workouts suffer terribly for a day or two after.

Footballdb is offline Junior Member
    Puff......puff.......puff........

LittleMeth is offline Junior Member
    Definately try to stay away from the alchohol while on a cycle, and if you need to drink that bad take some detox. I dont recommend drinking.

mc_ake is offline Banned
    Some dafty said can you take pills when cycling, you cannot
    take E when cycling ya daft prick.........

bump

[/B][/QUOTE]

you cannot
    take E when cycling ya daft prick......... [/B][/QUOTE]

??? Must be an English thing.. ...daft prick?

Originally posted by Big Rush
    you cannot
    take E when cycling ya daft prick......... [/B][/QUOTE]

??? Must be an English thing.. ...daft prick? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hahaha, yes it is....daft prick = dumb son-of-a-bitch

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I personally am no role model..lol..but even with d-bol i would drink around 3 beers on friday nights..not too bad really..but with d-bol being 17aa..not the wisest decision, but i have a liver of steel so..

Thread Information