broncojosh is offline Senior Member

Disposing of pins...

Was wondering how you guys dispose of your pins.

MindBomb is offline Member
    I usually put all the pins and hide in the sand box in front of elementary school J/k. No i put them in a empty protein bottle for safe storage until my cycle is up. Then I take the whole bunch and take it to a hospital. They'll know wqhat to do with them.

babysqeeze is offline Associate Member
    i also use an old jug of some and throw all waste materials in it. when im done with it i take it to a public dumpster. that way nothing can be traced back to me or my area.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Nifty question . . .

In fact, the last time this question came up (some time last year, as I recall), the answers were quite funny. Invariably, words like school, playground, park, and sofa cushions kept coming up in the responses.

On a more realistic note, you can get a "sharps container" from any drug store. They are only about $3.00, and come in two styles. One style is good for insulin needles or pins, but not for 3 cc syringes. The other style has a larger opening at the top and can handle 3 cc syringes as well. And it's fun to watch them fill up (very nostalgic - kinda like the days when you filled up a piggy bank).

Okay, seriously, if you happen to live at home or are concerned about your pins being found by parents, spouse, or kids, there are other alternatives - old coffee cans are always popular. But do use something with a top; if you use, say, an old soda can and it falls over, you've got pins all over the place.

When whatever you use is filled, wrap it in a couple of supermarket bags and toss it in any secure trash can. Just make sure that the pins cannot float around loose.

sniper105 is offline Junior Member
    The wife drinks a lot of soda (cans). I break the needle and syringe down, place them in the soda can and then crush it (carefully) so nothing will ever fall out. This then goes in a community dumpster seperate from my regular trash.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    it's something like a $50,000 fine for improperly disposing of needles in NY. like mind bomb said, i usually just take them to the hospital. they know what to do with them

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    I plan on re-capping them and putting them in an empty protein jug. Then I will give to my friend to bring to work (at a hospital) to get rid of.

-g

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Hospital sounds like a good idea. Not worried about anyone seeing them, more concerned with disposing of them safely. Plus it's illegal where I live to just throw them away...thanks for all the replies guys

4plates is offline Banned
    make necklaces out of them and sell them at street fairs.

androplex is offline Donating Member
    Shit I had no idea throwing needles in the trash was against the law. I work at a hospital, guess thats where mine are going. Thanks for the post. DAMN....

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hmmm...I guess I made a big boo boo!!! Over the summer, me and my friend, with out stupid little Deca episode i've talked about before. What I did was I took the needles, put the cap back on, put it back in the little plastic it comes in, put it into two plastic bags, and then placed it into the YMCA trash can! Damn, bad idea huh??? I guess public dumpster would be safer?

androplex is offline Donating Member
    bump

thecoachman is offline Associate Member
    soda can stuffed w/ toilet paper to clog the hole. In the dumpster they go. You'd be surprised how many 3cc syringes fit in a pop can.

Thread Information