Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member

what drives us to be huge?

what do you guys think made us have a strong erge to be big and muscular? most guys don't have the urge to be huge (Strange I know!!) or atleast a lot of them. What about phycologicaly?? any imput's welcome!!!!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    That's a good question. I really have no idea. I think, in a way, I believed that if I became HUGE, which I am currently working on then this HUGENESS would be all mine. It would be something 100% pure that's mine and can't be taken away. I mean, this sounds weird, but like if you have a very nice car, and it belongs to you, well that can be taken away, same with a house, other phsyical belongings. But your muscle, your hugeness, is all yours!!!

Sound weird huh? I want something that will be all mine, and something that I can say "I have."

nymattyk is offline Member
    i think what started me out was back when i was a little skinny kid seeing all the jacked guys at the beach with their huge muscles and thinking that i would love to be big like that. then over the years as i increased the intensity of my workouts and started to see my body transforming and my muscles growing and growing it just became a part of who i am. now i think i am driven by the results i see every day in myself and the realization that i have surpassed my goal and have no intention of stopping any time soon

Terinox and nymattyk, I hear ya!!!

what do you guys think phycologicaly speaking gives us the impression we should be huge?

G-S Guest

Talking

Little pee pee's.

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    haha lol GS... Personally the impression you give off. I don't like to fight if I don't need to. Being big saves you from even having to say a word most times people just walk away. So I guess to intimidate would be one thing. Terinox hit the other on the head. Its a personal goal your tryin to achieve. and GS well... Speak for yourself! haha.

-g

m.o.d is offline Junior Member
    so we can look like ironmaster when we get that old

timvds is offline Member
    yeah im overcompensating for my small penis as well. gotta attract attention somehow right? its not like i own a ferrari, so i might as well own 20 inch guns.

nah but seriously, i started working out so i wouldnt end up like doofy

i doubt any of you young bucks would know who i'm talking about but there was a movie called cc & company with joe namath...it was a early 70's biker movie..well there was a guy named william smith if you ever can find this movie you should rent it...this guy had some fucking huge arms...i saw that shit and said thats how i want my arms...oh and of course arnold strong....oh that might be before your time as well...way back thats what arnold called himself on his training manuels

Originally posted by timvds
    nah but seriously, i started working out so i wouldnt end up like doofy
    Imagine doofy was an IFBB pro in five years?!

Don't forget us when your a pro doofy!!!

timvds is offline Member
    with all the research hes doing right now, he might just invent the next super roid...

i take it back doofy!! im sorry!!

timvds is offline Member
    seroiusly though, we all wanna get buff so we can get laid more, cmon bros dont lie!

I'd feel more confident if I was bigger, pluss if in great shape, the ladies love it!

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    confidence, and just feeling better about my self.
    ive always been really scrawny. Now that has changed and i love seeing people i havent seen in years...being like waoh you lifting at all? Its great. so personal gratification is why i do it. Plus my girls love that im growing!

babysqeeze is offline Associate Member
    until i started lifting, i was always the smallest guy. im 5'6 and since i was around 120-130lbs before i got into BB. now im resting at 180lbs and loving every pound i gain. its the drive to be the biggest little guy in the gym. and we all know the girls dig ripped bodys

Roid Rogers is offline Junior Member
    Thats pretty easy for me to answer cause i was tired of being the smallest and shortest( im 5'6 its not that small but compared to most men it is) but i built up to be the widest its eaiser to go over me than around me i think when your small most of your childhood you feel you must change

gymnut4u is offline Member
    It started for me when I was a kid ,I was fat and short and got picked on alot , I went from fat ,5' 1 to 6' over the summer when I came back to school no one knew me ,but I still knew them and I got them one by one ,after that no one gave me a hard time . I guess now I want it to just feel good walking down the beach with my shirt off , I dont guess it is to get laid ,I have a very hot girl and will be getting hooked up in the spring !

Originally posted by Roid Rogers
    i think when your small most of your childhood you feel you must change

very interesting.. I think i may just agree with you on that.
    I was a fairly small kid, not short, but skinny.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    i look at BIG KEV pics and i say dam i wish i could look like that j/k j/k
    what makes me want to be big is for myself and no one else ,i feel being big has its advantages and disadvantages,but i love lifting ,i wish i only started earlier when my hormones were raging,my dad was a lifter he tried getting me into it when i was 13-15 but i was a couch potatoe,video game freak but than i realized shit IM FUCKING FAT and i asked my dad to sign me up and soon after started lifting, my dad was one lean mean mofo and for his height 5'7 or 5'8 he was 100% on his diet but now he's a mess since he got older he has to worry about other things ,he still lifts but more of a 2-3day split,but does eat semi clean,trows in a cheat meal about 2-3x a week ,but for his age he's in good shape compared to others......

training, dieting and doing gear is a very self serving and personal thing that most dont understand...but you know there are times in our lives where we need not worry about what others think as long as we keep it in check....life is short and for me this is something i enjoy very much...i really look forward to shot day...well thats every day for me

i will now pass the hat around for your donations,,,amen

latman49 is offline Member
    I posted this reply in a similar thread a while back. I think psychologically speaking, it is a control issue. When you reach a plateau, your body is telling you that it won't grow anymore. Our reply is "screw that, I'll make you grow". That is what drives bodybuilders and forces some to get "assistance". We deal with tons of stuff everyday that is out of our control and some of it drives us mad. Our body is something we can control. That, IMO, is why some guys get huge and others lack the desire. Some guys need more control in their life. But of course, there is another theory that I have.......We do it for the PUSSY!!!

guys guys guys never never never do it for the women...trust me they dont care..they care about the buldge in your pocket and you know what buldge i'm talking about....

$uperman is offline Member
    just like waking up and when i look in the mirror.... im like , i did this , i worked for that , i built what i have and who i am. its mine and no one can take that away. my dedication and hard work is in the mirror

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I was an athelete during my younger years, football basketball baseball. I train for the sports. When there was no more competition left. I made avow to myself that I would find another sport, not team related and compete, hence I became invovled in bodybuilding and have not turned back since. I also noticed that everyone seems to respect your more because of the self discipline. People always ask me how I do it. Shit I tell them its a way of life now. I honestly don't think I could ever stop now, unless I had to for my family. Peace

GoTGunS? is offline Junior Member
    Because so many people are fat and outta shape and that is down right depressing. And when it comes down to it I wanna marry a girl with an above average body, and a healthy lifestyle, so I'd be doing myself in if I just let myself be outta shape.

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    I started lifting originally so I could get stronger. My dad use to push and beat me and my brother around alot. As I started getting stronger I liked the look too. After a while I started watching shows like the Met Rex worlds strongest man competitions. I always used to say to myself in ten years i wanna be there. Dead lifting the back of a beamer and going through all the events. This will sound funny but I wanted to be the next Magnus Samuelson... hahahaha

Well after three years of lifting on and off i can say i do look alot diff. Instaed of being a lanky kid with a gut I am a beefy guy with a gut.

As for everything else now.. its for the looks and mypersonal satisfaction... Always picked pn in HS and also by my father and once i get th flab down I'll finally be bale to walk around with out a shirt on down the beach and not be ashamed...

And as for my father last year his drunk ass trying beating me I grabed his hand and squeezed it sooo hard i broke his thumb..

Uconish is offline Member
    I do it for myself, and no one else. You know alot of guys do it for the girls, but alot of girls dont like men that are sooo big and muscular. I really dont care for that. I saw a post where someone said you would get more girls if you had whimpy arms, rather than big buffed up arms that have stretch marks all over them. That upsets me to hear something like that. Bodybuilding and lifting weights is a sport different from any other. And because people dont undestand it they will critisize it. They critisize me all the time. Why do you eat so much, your gonna get fat, why do you eat that. Thats the sh*t i hear everyday. You know what i mean, if the average joe sees a big dude and the first thing he thinks is steriods . He doesnt understand all the hard work and effort that goes into looking that way. They dont understand why we do it and they never will. So why do we do it? I dont know. I even find myself asking myself why do i do it. Why do i squat so heavy that i end up vomitting. I guess the reason is because i love it. Im addicted to it. If i dont do it for a couple of days i wont fell right. Its just like DIESAL said, the hours i spend in the, nothing else matters to me. I feel at home there. And God willing ill be injury free and be able to continue for as long as i can.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I am not out to be HUGE, just bigger than average and in really good shape.

Why?

Well, I was the proverbial scrawny kid in Jr. High. Picked on, teased and harassed. By the time I was in HS, I vowed "never again."

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    To be completely honest with you, a big part of what drives me to get huge is my insecurity. I almost always feel small, yet I'm 235 at 5'8" with almost 19" arms. I hate saying this because it makes me sound so shallow, but I'm constantly comparing myself to other guys in the gym and on the street. I feel I have to be bigger and better than everybody else or I'm not satisfied. I constantly obsess about this, and it's something I really don't like about myself. But, it is also one of the things that drives me to be the best-to always improve and never be satisfied. I'm an extreme person. I don't listen to regular music-I listen to death metal. I don't just play the guitar-I play it for hours on end until my fingers bleed. Same with BB. I want to be the biggest baddest strongest mofo on the face of the planet. I want arms so friggen huge I can't find a shirt that fits me. I remember going to the Emerald Cup BB show back in 96', and Ronnie Coleman did a guest pose at this show(before excess GH ruined his physique)and I'll never forget the reaction of the crowd when he came out. Everybody stood up and just stared in awe-he was so huge and inhuman it just blew my mind. I've always wanted to achieve that. It is my destiny.

NightOp is offline Member
    lots of interesting posts... i started training/eating/sleeping right cuz i was tired of being small and weak, I also wanted the best body out of my friends to help with the ladies... now i love going out on the boat (...big lake by my town).

Its also a long term health thing. And in regard to fighting... I try to avoid fights.. most of the time they are for ridiculus reasons and really not worth it, however if one of the rare things should happen that i need to fight for, being big won't hurt.

King Samson is offline Associate Member
    lol JJ. My reason is simple, self confidence. I was fat until I turned about 17 and I could not stand it anymore so I took up lifting and running. I gained muscle and lost all my excess fat and ever since then I have been hooked. If I'm not lifting my self confidence goes down and I don't feel healthy, I feel fat. And the bigger I get the more self confidence I have.

Socio is offline Associate Member
    I didnt start out to be huge i started out to get lean from fat and have a nice physique and get stronger .... but my quest now for absolute hugeness is something else ... because i want to be different to everyone else i want to be looked at when i walk down the street or in the shopping centre (mall in u.s.a) i want to be admired and be considered a freak ... i want attention .... but the main reason it i want to be self satisfied ... and i want to be confident enough to wear a singlet when my arms arent pumped ..... and its also a self acomplishment thing too .... but i think mostly now i need to be large to be happy as pathetic and sad as it sounds when i feel small (we all have those days) i feel unhappy and depressed... i buy clothes depending on how big they make me look , if i see a real nice shirt and i try it on and its too tight (and to myself i appear small) i wont buy it.
    So its basically a self satisfaction thing ...

nice replys.. I can relate to a lot of them.

keep'em coming!

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    I wanna be bigger than average guys but not too huge but my reason is I want people to see me when Im in the store and I wanna hear them say FUuuuuu_ _ hes big as hell and of course be in good shape but also Ive always been a average built guy and I want to be above avearge now.I can go and on but I think all the reasons above mentioned by everyone else is reasons i relate to too.

ravaz is offline Associate Member
    I'm pretty big already, so says everyone else. But in my eyes you can never be big enough. Don't want to be a freak, but definently want my body to stand out more. Plus I think it's a challange for me, and it doesn't hurt to reach your goals. I guess I just want to see how far I can push myself.

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    i just love liftin and the more i lift the bigger i get and i know everyone can relate here... when your in the gym and some 125 pound soaking wet guy is wearing a wife beater and hes walking around flexin in the mirror thinkin hes swole u walk by him and he just stares in awe and u think "yeeeaaa babbbyyyy keep on admiring cause IM watcha call big and what you really wanna look like, you aint crap bro". oh yeah and i know this is the number 1# reason for a lot of peeps WOMEN, do u really need anymore motivation than that. Peace

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    HELL YEA SHO NUFF THATS A GOOD REASON TOO

shonuff!! haha, nice reply man!

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    Definitely SHONUFF-We do it for ourselves, but when it comes down to it, the ULTIMATE motivation is women.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    I just wanted to lose some weight and get in better shape at 1st, then it sorta grew on me and I became addicted to working out. I have heard it may have something to do with a dopamine effect on the brain. You get a good feeling of euphoria after working out and you get addicted to that feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information