newbrew is offline Senior Member

How to measure accurately?

I realize this may be a stupid question, but...

When I am measuring out my dose, do I measure to the rubber part that touches the wall of the syringe, or to the bottom of the cone/dome?

thanks

guns626 is offline Associate Member
    Where the rubber meets the wall of the syringe.

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew

When I am measuring out my dose, do I measure to the rubber part that touches the wall of the syringe, or to the bottom of the cone/dome?

thanks
    I think it was a good Question.To the cone side that hits the syringe

Thrower74 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeezer
    I think it was a good Question.To the cone side that hits the syringe
    I agree. Plus if you are drawing out with an 18 G 1.5" needle, the needle will hold close to 0.1ml and that has to be taken into account as well when trying to measure exactly 1cc ect.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    The top of the rubber part, not the part touching the liquid

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Quite the contrary! Most of us getting started in this have never used a syringe before. You might have a complete understanding of how gear works, but using a syringe might be foreign. This is soemething that gets overlooked.

As has been said, you use the part where the rubber meets the wall. And as Thrower pointed out, you might want to draw back on the plunger and see just how much your in is holding, in which case you wouold draw it back until you see air in the barrel, then push forward until the air is removed, but the oil does not go into the pin (all while holding the syringe pointing upward). Otrherwise you might think your vial was underfilled, but you were taking 1/10 of a cc more than you though each time.

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    wait... I think i am getting two different answers or are geezer and Cent saying the same thing? Anyway, i try to do my best but its not the easiest thing to do especially when i am shooting .75ml of prop and .6ml of tren in the same syringe... How critical is it... as I am sure that it varies on a day to day basis(not by much but i am not perfect)

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    oh and if it is the top (second ring like i think 1-cent is saying) then i am takingalot more test than I thought. I normally try to measure from the bottom ring to the bottom of the miniscus( i usually pull back the plunger so i can get the gear out of the pin befere switching the needles) like i learned in chem class in highschool... I hope someone can understand this that i have written.

Thread Information