Thread: Everyone !!

allsteel is offline New Member

Everyone !!

I only come look here like every 2nd week or so and I think I am not going to come back just for the reason that all these new guys ask the same questions almost every day. So for all you new guys just fukin read before you post like for the last 40 threads you questions were already answered 2 or 3 pages back JUST FUKIN READ !!

NightOp is offline Member
    i know what your saying bro and mostly agree, but at the same time, threads like this aren't the best way of fixing the situation IMO.

bigreb is offline Associate Member

Re: Everyone !!

Originally posted by allsteel
    I only come look here like every 2nd week or so and I think I am not going to come back just for the reason that all these new guys ask the same questions almost every day. So for all you new guys just fukin read before you post like for the last 40 threads you questions were already answered 2 or 3 pages back JUST FUKIN READ !!
    So, how do you really feel? JK Ya know it bugs me quite a bit that really junior guys are constantly answering threads, when it is fairly apparent that they have no clue. But oh well, its still a great site. I think its really easy for us to forget what it was like to be new,and to ask a dumb question.

I totally agree but being new dosn't mean asking everythink that comes into your head in one day.

READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    profile for allsteel:

[ 1.52 posts per day ]

this is just the way the boards go bro. if it's getting to you already after 7 days then you're not gonna make it much longer...

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    eventho you have a point.. keep in mind THIS IS A MSG BOARD

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    some new guys dont actually understand the search function, some are not very computer literate - in some cases the answers that they DO find on the search dont actually answer the entire question they want to ask.

yes it can be annoying, but these boards are here for people to learn so they dont do themselves damage

id rather answer the same question a million times than think that one bro has done himself permanent damage because he felt he could not ask the question he wanted to ask.

sorry bro but live with it or leave - your choice (not meant as a flame by the way - its just the way i see it)

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    It's bros like you that drive newbies away. Get a life. I'd hate to see you go though.

I've been on many other sites and this is by far the most newbie friendly site I've been on. So if you don't like it, don't read any newbie posts.

9natural9 is offline Banned
    Once again, Dr. Evil is right...if it is getting to you this quickly, go ahead and put the bullet in the chamber buddy.

As annoying and repetitive as many the questions are...the sun WILL still rise tommorrow, so relax and enjoy the board...it is a utopia for our kind

Methuselah is offline Member
    Yep. Some of it is annoying. I put up I thread like yours before. I found that it's just easier to block some of the members than to worry about it.

I do agree. The repeat questions aren't too bad, but they're very annoying when they were just asked and the answers are still on the same page. I also hate the drug, alchohol, fighting, and teenage user stuff but all I can do is choose to not read it.

You'll find that if you block some the offenders you will still be able to have an enjoyable experience here. There are plenty of mature people on the board with some very interesting input.

Most people here mean well. It would be nice if this board was used as a board and not a chat though. You know, staying on topic in a thread. But I guess that even I'm guilty too, so lets just make the best of what we've got.

If you don't like it, accept it; if you can't accept it, change it; if you can't change it; ignore it. That's about all you can do.

Stay around.

Originally posted by Methuselah
    Yep. Some of it is annoying. I put up I thread like yours before. I found that it's just easier to block some of the members than to worry about it.

I do agree. The repeat questions aren't too bad, but they're very annoying when they were just asked and the answers are still on the same page. I also hate the drug, alchohol, fighting, and teenage user stuff but all I can do is choose to not read it.

You'll find that if you block some the offenders you will still be able to have an enjoyable experience here. There are plenty of mature people on the board with some very interesting input.

Most people here mean well. It would be nice if this board was used as a board and not a chat though. You know, staying on topic in a thread. But I guess that even I'm guilty too, so lets just make the best of what we've got.

If you don't like it, accept it; if you can't accept it, change it; if you can't change it; ignore it. That's about all you can do.

Stay around.

4plates is offline Banned
    if it werent for repeated questions on a message board,there wouldnt be a message board.how many diffrent questions could be asked before being asked again?
    i personally dont mind helping out if i can,id rather answer the same question 100 times(which i have),then see someone do somthing stupid and dangerous.

Originally posted by 4plates
    if it werent for repeated questions on a message board,there wouldnt be a message board.how many diffrent questions could be asked before being asked again?
    i personally dont mind helping out if i can,id rather answer the same question 100 times(which i have),then see someone do somthing stupid and dangerous.

I am not going to take any of those threads as a flame but I wuz just tellin you guys how I feel. It wuzn't like this 2 months ago. And as for you Dr.Evil I have been on here a hell of alot longer then you, I just don't answer "every" post. and i changed my name. So lift on.

MindBomb is offline Member
    Evil is knowledgeable and respected bro. He helps many people in doing things the right way. How long he has been on here is not an issue. And if you decide you are not comming back that is your decision.

You could have left quitely....

Originally posted by allsteel
    I am not going to take any of those threads as a flame but I wuz just tellin you guys how I feel. It wuzn't like this 2 months ago. And as for you Dr.Evil I have been on here a hell of alot longer then you, I just don't answer "every" post. and i changed my name. So lift on.
    Dude, chill out homie!! Not a good idea to disrespect a cool ass Vet such as Dr. Evil. Once you start contributing a bit more to the board, then open your mouth.

BIGBOSS is offline Banned
    I know dude ! dr. evil just seem to post ! and post but about about nothing...
    no look hes a vet ?? o please spare me !

dr.evil why you in such a hurry bro? to build up posts?

inlisting a client confidence boost? on the board??? dr.evil you wouldn't be the guy who is emailing everyone your lists? are yeah?

are you that getbig dude?

don't worry, i've been on here long enough to be able to handle this. my post was not to flame you (allsteal), but just to say that a lot of people are very anxious to ask questions when they first come on the boards. it's natural. they all learn eventually, but posts that bash their enthusiasm may discourage them from participating in further discussions.

i was once a newbie. one of the first posts i made on the boards at EF many years ago was "can you drink winny?" newbies learn.

just fyi, i came on this board (the old AR) with big_guns_21 back when he first started as a mod, so i doubt you've been hear longer than me.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Originally posted by BIGBOSS

inlisting a client confidence boost? on the board??? dr.evil you wouldn't be the guy who is emailing everyone your lists? are yeah?

LOL... Why don't you go back and read your own posts before you rip on DR.Evil...It sure seems to me that he knows a hell of a lot more than you...Most of your posts say Ttokkyo sucks and look, that's my 190lb fat ass in my avatar...

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    I made a very similar post to this one. After I made it I did some thinking. It may be annoying but I would rather have people getting there answers and doing everything the right way. I now am much more tolerant of repeat posts and I will be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability. So for all you newbies if you having trouble finding anything just ask. AND IGNORE THE SHIT PEOPLE GIVE YOU.

-g

MindBomb is offline Member
    Big Boss, why are you looking to rip established members here? What's the point? You've been in the thick of things on few threads. You sound kind a like aguy we use to know. Does anyone remember CRYTON?

Well if you guys arn't getting sick of writting the same thing everyday well thumbs up for you, I just thought I would speak up about it cuz some of you won't but thats my opinion and this will be my last post on this subject. And I wuzn't flamin Dr. postanything but don't flame who you don't know. That's #1. lift on.

flex321 is offline Member
    Is this a steriod informative topic? its a bickering idoitocracy of a post. I dont like to hear people complain and cry about there sick of reading this type of posts and those type of posts. If you want to post something do it! Take the flaming as a man and see if it gets answered who cares, what everyone thinks, just dont offend anyone or throw threats at people. A dumb question to you might not be that dumb to an moron who has half a brain no?

a lot of people share your opinion allsteel, so don't feel left out.

WTF

Originally posted by BIGBOSS

You just may be part of the problem. Dr. Evil makes very good posts that are generally backed by facts.

Geez, I read another post (a bit before your time) that complained that the Vets don't respond to questions.

If you're not part of the problem, excuse me. If you are part of the problem, excuse you.

If your envious of Evil's status, make some solid posts which are helpful and informative and get your own wings.

Flaming the regular contributors is a sure way to get flamed off the board. Lets just move on and let everything be cool.

p.s. by mentioning that "getbig dude" you just made a source post and can be booted.
    Last edited by Methuselah; 03-25-2002 at 06:15 PM.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    hey is this thread geared towards me :P i ask alot of questions:P

Mike is offline Retired SuperMod
    allsteel -

I think someone already posted something about this bro.

Dr Evil -

BG was a mod for about a week Please pm me - got a question, was a mod on that old board too - dont remember ya. different handle? sent you a pm

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Kaz

yes it can be annoying, but these boards are here for people to learn so they dont do themselves damage

id rather answer the same question a million times than think that one bro has done himself permanent damage because he felt he could not ask the question he wanted to ask.

i couldnt have said this better if i tried. this is what the board is all about.

peace bb79

IRISH is offline New Member
    YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP!! IF IT'S NOT GOOD INFO I'M READING ON THIS BOARD THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEONE A LITTLE HOT ABOUT SOMETHING. NO MATTER HOW MONOTANOUS SOME OF THE QUESTIONS ARE I CAN ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING TO AT LEAST HUMOUR ME. MAYBE YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE A BITCH FORUM WHERE PEOPLE CAN LET LOOSE ON EACH OTHER. IT COULD BE CALLED THE JERRY SPRINGER FORUM EXCEPT YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO THROW CHAIRS. LOL

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    The first post in the "Springer" bitch forum should be about people typing in all CAPS!!! QUIT YELLING.

peace,

ttgb

p.s. I don't know who this "get big" guy is, but I'm not him. I'm "tyring to get big!!!" lol

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Re: Re: Everyone !!

Originally posted by bigreb

So, how do you really feel? JK Ya know it bugs me quite a bit that really junior guys are constantly answering threads, when it is fairly apparent that they have no clue. But oh well, its still a great site. I think its really easy for us to forget what it was like to be new,and to ask a dumb question.
    What's even crazier is newbies with 500+ posts answering questions because they are "Senior Members"...won't name any names...

Peace

Re: Re: Re: Everyone !!

Originally posted by Big Rush

What's even crazier is newbies with 500+ posts answering questions because they are "Senior Members"...won't name any names...

Peace
    The information speaks for itself. anyone who reads the threads soon knows who is credible and who isn't. I like when the nebies provide input. It's just collaboration, it helps them learn and keeps things interesting. Well, there is one sr.member newbie with over 500 posts that takes things a little too far though.

We know who's opinions to trust.

Thread Information