LookingtoCut is offline Associate Member

Clen and Cardio?!?!?!?!

How much cardio should be done while on Clen ? Most of the guys I talked to said to do as MUCH as possible......I'm just afraid of losing muscle...Although Clen is Catabolic, so it helps retain muscle...

Anyhow, I wake up and run 1.5 miles on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, AND do cardio POST workout for 30 min.....Which is Mon, Wed, Fri ( lifting days )

On Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun, I do 45 min of cardio/day.

Do I need to have time off like when NOT on CLEN?

Or, since I'm on clen/eca cycle, I can bump the cardio up as I am, and not worry?

I was told by a guy who is very familiar with Clen to do as MUCH cardio as possible WHILE ON clen....but on the 2 weeks with the ECA, continue cardio, but take 2 days off or so to rest for the upcomming clen weeks......

Opinions????? Experiences???? Anything helps guys!

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    if something is catabolic it destroys muscle not retains it.

Sorry wrong term I used, but Clen certainly does not destroy muscle. The whole point is it is used Post-Cycle to help maintain gains, etc. Also, for fat burning to do lots of cardio and burn bf%, without burning muscle.

BUMP, more input please!

thumper69 is offline New Member
    I do cardio every workout day, which is generally 5 days per week. Clen certainly enhances the workout session. Initially, cardio is catabolic, even with clen. Its the nature of the exercise. Cardio is defined as repetitive movements of large muscle mass groups over an extended period of time. The human body will fuel itself by using carbs, fat, and protein - in that order. If a sufficient supply cannot be metabolized by one method, it goes to the next. Long aerobic sessions eventually catabolize muscle for protein. In fact, I read a study (don't ask me to find it) that showed that the very muscles that were being abused, were the ones catabolized for the fuel. However, after the session, the body readily rebuilds the affected muscles, if the proper nutrients can be found. So, the secret to cardio and avoiding muscle loss is proper caloric intake to fuel the exercise. This includes a source of complex and simple carbs, and yes, even some fat. It has been my experience (not scientific proof) that the large muscle masses take priority in being replenished. For example, I run approximately 8 miles per day at a pace of 6.5 to 7 miles per hour. At that pace, I burn approximately 1250 calories per session. At the beginning of this routine, I was trying to lose weight and limited my diet to 2000 calories per day. I didn't build muscle, in fact, I lost a lot of muscle - I lost a lot of fat too. Later, I bumped the caloric intake up to 3500 calories per day, and added 150 grams more protein to my diet. The end result was phenominal! My calves grew from a scanty 13" to a well defined, beefy 19" and are extremely well defined. And, shin splints disappeared! My quads did not grow as much, but are rock hard. The more muscle I gained, the higher my BMR, and the more fat stores I lost naturally. I went from 50% bf (I was a fatty) to now less than 20% (I am also old and fat loss is much slower). I applied this same technique to my bodybuilding / aerobic combination and found with a little bit of diet tweaking, I am able to lose fat, gain muscle, and feel great.

So, in answer to your question, it is my opinion that it doesn't matter how much cardio (within reason) you do on or off clen, as long as there is sufficient fuel for the exercise. For me, clen just enhanced my cardio - my speed picked up slightly, which, of course, burns more calories. And remember, clen in and of itself helps the body burn more calories without exercise. Aerobics multiplies this affect.

I know that I will get flamed - preaching cardio to bodybuilders is akin to talking about cat ownership to a dog breeder. It isn't very poplular. But it has been a good combinatin for me.

Very good post. Lots of detail which I like.

While I am on Clen , I am going to do cardio 7 days/week. Run 1.5 miles on empty stomach every morning, and do cardio 30 min POST workout, and 45 min on non lifting days.....It's only for 2 weeks....During my off weeks on clen while using Fat Burners, I'll reduce the Cardio some, to give my body rest for the upcomming 2 weeks of Clen again.

My cycle is 8 weeks, 4 of clen, 4 of Fat Burner, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks, any more info appreciated on PERSONAL experience!

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    you should look into the effects of beta-2 agonists, especially clenbuterol and their effects on calcium ion channel permeability. the end result is that clen can be VERY catabolic at high doses, while anti-catabolic at low doses. i'll leave the research up to you.

I'm only going up to 6 tabs a day like everybody else.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by thumper69
    I do cardio every workout day, which is generally 5 days per week. Clen certainly enhances the workout session. Initially, cardio is catabolic, even with clen. Its the nature of the exercise. Cardio is defined as repetitive movements of large muscle mass groups over an extended period of time. The human body will fuel itself by using carbs, fat, and protein - in that order. If a sufficient supply cannot be metabolized by one method, it goes to the next. Long aerobic sessions eventually catabolize muscle for protein. In fact, I read a study (don't ask me to find it) that showed that the very muscles that were being abused, were the ones catabolized for the fuel. However, after the session, the body readily rebuilds the affected muscles, if the proper nutrients can be found. So, the secret to cardio and avoiding muscle loss is proper caloric intake to fuel the exercise. This includes a source of complex and simple carbs, and yes, even some fat. It has been my experience (not scientific proof) that the large muscle masses take priority in being replenished. For example, I run approximately 8 miles per day at a pace of 6.5 to 7 miles per hour. At that pace, I burn approximately 1250 calories per session. At the beginning of this routine, I was trying to lose weight and limited my diet to 2000 calories per day. I didn't build muscle, in fact, I lost a lot of muscle - I lost a lot of fat too. Later, I bumped the caloric intake up to 3500 calories per day, and added 150 grams more protein to my diet. The end result was phenominal! My calves grew from a scanty 13" to a well defined, beefy 19" and are extremely well defined. And, shin splints disappeared! My quads did not grow as much, but are rock hard. The more muscle I gained, the higher my BMR, and the more fat stores I lost naturally. I went from 50% bf (I was a fatty) to now less than 20% (I am also old and fat loss is much slower). I applied this same technique to my bodybuilding / aerobic combination and found with a little bit of diet tweaking, I am able to lose fat, gain muscle, and feel great.

So, in answer to your question, it is my opinion that it doesn't matter how much cardio (within reason) you do on or off clen, as long as there is sufficient fuel for the exercise. For me, clen just enhanced my cardio - my speed picked up slightly, which, of course, burns more calories. And remember, clen in and of itself helps the body burn more calories without exercise. Aerobics multiplies this affect.

I know that I will get flamed - preaching cardio to bodybuilders is akin to talking about cat ownership to a dog breeder. It isn't very poplular. But it has been a good combinatin for me.
    VERY intelligent post. I've always believed in doing tons of cardio when cutting-generally 6 days a week. And I still do about four days a week the rest of the time. Most BBers will say not to, but like you said, if you have the proper diet, and keep it within reason you can retain your mass. You just have to listen to your body.

Thread Information