Thread: why ... ?

caseylee is offline Junior Member

why ...use clomid ?(sorry dude)

why do u need clomid on a cycle of juice if it doesn't affect your own test production ? i can't really think of a reason... any ideas ?
    Last edited by caseylee; 03-29-2002 at 12:43 PM.

PunkRawk is offline Member
    as a mild anti-e and to keep atrophy from occuring or to minimize it........there is mixed opinions on this.....clomid is cheap as hell....so i use it eod during cycles....for those 2 reasons...

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO,go on the main page www.anabolicreview.com and look at steroid profiles,click on clomid

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    clomid is for post cycle to kick your natural test back in. in short; if you want to keep your gains post cycle, you will need clomid. that is one of the most basic, and discussed topics on this board. common knowledge.

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    instead of starting a thread entitled, "why....?", why not tell us what the thread is about? Say "why use clomid?". I know this sounds trivial but it is nice to be able to tell what a post is about before I open it.

THE JU-ICE is offline Associate Member
    No clomid, no cycle,NO SHIT.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Clomid also helps get the ole "boys" back to where they need to be. nothing like seeing your nuts all shriveled up.. while on a cycle, clomid helps keep your gains but allowing your natural test levels to kick back in... do some searching, you will find all kind of info on Clomid and how it is used..

but if on a cycle that doesn't lower your own natural test (winny only) production then how does clomid help ?

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Right on GetInThere... If you are going to post, at least write a decent subject line that asks the questions you want answered....

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by caseylee
    but if on a cycle that doesn't lower your own natural test (winny only) production then how does clomid help ?
    Hey bro from what I understand when you start juicing your natural test shuts off and if you read the post by jason for newbies , itll answer all your questions but anyway for example if your on deca your natural test is shut off and the deca will wear out 3 weeks after your last injection so your body has no test in it at all so common sense tells me that you will lose your gains but thats where clomids comes in very handy after your 3 rd week after your last deca injection you take your clomids and it will jump start your natural test and thats what you need but Im also a novice so I cant go into detail because this is what Ive learned here but again I might be wrong but thats what Ive researched and thats what Im sticking too when i start my cycle.I will defeinatley have clomids and nol's with me. GL

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    hey bro this will answer you questions better than what I said I copied and pasted it for you:

Clomid Help
    Clomid: Frequently Asked Questions

Something I put together that may help some of the new comers out there as well as some of the more experienced.

Question: What is Clomid?

Answer: Clomid is a synthetic estrogen and is generally prescribed by doctors to trigger ovulation in females.

Question: Why Should Bodybuilders use Clomid?

Answer: Almost all anabolic androgenic steroids will cause an inhibition of the bodies own testosterone production. When he comes off the steroids he has no natural test production and no more steroids. The body is left in a state of catabolism (catabolic hormones are high and anabolic hormones are low) and as a result much of the muscle tissue that was gained on the cycle is now going to be lost. Clomid stimulates the hypophysis to release more gonadotropin so that a faster and higher release of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) aud LH (luteinizing hormone) occurs. This results in an elevated endogenous (body's own testosterone level.

Question: Does Clomid also work as an anti estrogen?

Answer: Clomid is a synthetic estrogen, however it does also work as an anti-estrogen. How does it work? Because it is a weak synthetic estrogen, it will bind to the estrogen receptor (ER) and not cause any problems. At the same time the increase in estrogen from steroids are blocked from attaching to the ER.

Question: How effective is Clomid as an anti-estrogen?

Answer: It is very weak and should not be relied upon if you are going to be using steroids that aromatise at any rapid rate, or if you are pre disposed to gyno. Arimidex , Proviron and Nolvadex will all make better choices for this purpose.

Question: Some say Clomid during a cycle is a waste, is this true?

Answer: Lets first examine what happens when someone is using anabaolic androgenic steroids. When the level of androgens in the body get too high, the androgen receptor becomes more highly activated, and the hypothalamus stops sending a signal to the pituitary. In short the signal tells our body to stop producing testosterone. During a cycle the body has higher levels than normal of androgens and as long as this level is high enough clomid will not help to keep natural test production up. It will be almost all but completely shut off. The only purpose of clomid during a cycle is as an anti-estrogen.

Question: When do I start Clomid? Some say 2 weeks others 3.

Answer: When you start using your clomid all depends on what steroids you were using during your cycle. Different steroids have different half lifes and you should adjust your clomid intake accordingly. As we have seen above, if we take clomid when the androgen levels in our body is still high it will be a waste. We need to wait for androgen levels to fall before implementing our clomid therapy. However if we take it too late we could possibly lose gains. Look at the list below to determine when you should start clomid therapy. By selecting from the list all the steroids you used in your cycle and which ever one has the latest starting point then go with that. For example if I cycled dbol , sustanon and winstrol I would use sustanon as it remains active in the body for the longest period of time.

Anadrol /Anapolan: 8 - 12 hours after last administration
    Deca : 3 weeks after last injection and clomid for 4 weeks
    Dianabol : 4 – 8 hours after last administration
    Equipoise : 17 – 21 days after last injection
    Fina: 3 days after last injection
    Primobolan depot: 10 – 14 days after last injection
    Sustanon: 3 weeks after last injection
    Testosterone Cypionate : 2 weeks after last injection
    Testosterone Enanthate : 2 weeks after last injection
    Testosterone Propionate : 3 days after last injection
    Testosterone Suspension : 4 – 8 hours after last administration
    Winstrol: 8 – 12 hours after last administration

Question: What is the most effective way for Clomid therapy.

Answer: Clomid has a long half life and as such there is no need to split up doses throughout the day. I read some where that it was 5 days (any feedback on this). Now if we used sustanon and we start using clomid 3 weeks after our last injection we hope that androgen levels are low enough to start sending the correct signals. If androgen levels are still a little high then the normal 50mgs/day of clomid for 1 week is not going to be effective. We need to start at a high enough amount that will work or help even if androgen levels are still a little high. 300mgs on day 1. I know I said don’t split it up due to its long half life but try and split this up 2 tabs 3 times a day. After we have finished this first day we seek to use 100mgs for 10 days and then followed by 50mgs for 10 days.

Question: Do I need to use Clomid for 3 weeks?

Answer: Why don’t you want too? It is very cheap, very effective and can mean the difference between maintaining gains and losing them.

Question: How cheap is Clomid?

Answer: Clomid normally comes in 50mg tablets but also comes in capsule form of 25mgs. A 50mg tablet can be anywhere between 25 cents and .50. (15 pence and 75 pence in England).

Question: Do all steroids cause shut down of the hpta.

Answer: Not all steroids do. Everyone is different and you must also take into account how long you have been using a certain steroid and at what dose in order to determine if you need clomid or not. However as the price is so cheap, why risk not using it.

Peace

[email protected]

Methuselah is offline Member
    Clomid is the anti-estrogen of choice for improving recovery of natural testosterone production after a cycle, improving testosterone production of endurance athletes, and is also effective in reducing risk of gynecomastia during a cycle employing aromatizable steroids .

While it has been claimed that Clomid "stimulates" production of LH and therefore of testosterone, in fact Clomid’s activity is achieved not by stimulation of the hypothalamus and pituitary, but by blocking their inhibition by estrogen.

Clomid is a mixed estrogen agonist/antagonist (activator/blocker) which, when bound to the estrogen receptor, puts it in a somewhat different conformation (shape) than does estradiol. The estrogen receptor requires binding of an estrogen or drug at its binding site and also the binding of any of several cofactors at different sites. Without the binding of the cofactor, the estrogen receptor is inactive. Different tissues use different cofactors. Some of these cofactors are able to bind to the estrogen receptor/Clomid complex, but others are blocked due to the change in shape. The result is that in some tissues Clomid acts as an antagonist -- the cofactor used in that tissue cannot bind and so the receptor remains inactive -- and in others Clomid acts as an agonist (activator), because the cofactors used in that tissue are able to bind.

Clomid is an effective antagonist in the hypothalamus and in breast tissue. It is an effective agonist in bone tissue, and for improving blood cholesterol.

Clomid also has the property of reducing the adverse effect of exercise-induced damage of muscle tissue. This is very significant for endurance athletes but is not very significant, if at all significant, with reasonable weight training. Clomid does not perceptibly affect gains of the weight trainer either favorably or adversely in my experience.

The drug seems to have estrogenic effects on mood, which can be beneficial (improving relationships with women by improving empathy) or can yield depression or PMS-like symptoms, but for most users there is no significant effect either way.

The claim that duration of intake should not exceed 10-14 days is incorrect. Clinical studies with male patients have been for periods of a year or longer. This error probably originates from the fact that, for use in women, due to the menstrual cycle there would obviously be no point in trying to stimulate ovulation all four weeks of the month. Thus, use in women is limited to 10-14 days. That limitation is not because of toxicity.

Clomid is in fact useful throughout a cycle if aromatizable drugs are being used. I do think however that to be conservative, one should use it no more than 2/3 of the time throughout the year or a little less.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Yes Meth is also correct is is a mild anti Ester, and well if you don't use Clomid you are asking for trouble plain and simple.
    Winny is a steriod just like anything else, and yes, it does shut down your test levels to a degree, but it doesn't seem (as they say) to convert to estrogen that easily, but still I would not even consider any gear without Clomid.

Methuselah is offline Member
    3 million steroid users can't be wrong...

I always used HCG . After reading the posts on this board I was prompted to do more research. I'm doing clomid from here on out following the HCG.

ok guys thanks for the great imput, and sorry about the title of the thread ( i changed it). i was just asking this question cause i was under the impression that winny dosn't shut down natural test production( but i guess all juice does to a certain extent). so thanks for the info guys

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    you don't need clomid post cycle if your natural test production is not effected. however any cycle that's strong enough to make you gain muscle more than you would naturally gain would have enough exogenous steroids to shut down your natty test production, so clomid is always needed unless you do a meaningless cycle with no gains.

Thread Information