Thread: My Pics

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

My Pics

Here are pics from show last Nov. I had taken 8 years off and been back 2.5 year for this show. My legs were lacking becasue i was in a cast until about 16 weeks out from show. I was holding water, and would like to hear from guys who have had problems with water at show time and how they overcame it. Feel free to pick apart pics too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Pics-web1.jpg  

2nd

sorry no photoshop home
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Pics-web2.jpg  

another angle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Pics-web3.jpg  

last one

Pics were out of focus a bit. Hey admin, only being able to post every 45secs? How come?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Pics-web4.jpg  

ZTEM is offline Associate Member

Talking

Ill be that big in a few more weeks....

congrats good job on the comp

SUPER SPORT is offline New Member
    well you need size to thicken out that frame. you have a good symetrical physique

you do however posess something that SOOOO Many bodybuilders in the amateurs lack,

great calves!

from the pics, it seems like one of the most hard-to-achieve bodyparts is genetically blessed on your body!

good job.

SolidRock is offline Junior Member
    looking good, wish I was that cut

thanks

Thanks for comments, yes calves have been easy body part for me, one of the FEW!. I agree, calves show a complete build. I forgot to post stats: Iin those pics: 5'9", was 192 at weight in on friday night. Currently i am 230, but much leaner than i was in past "bulk up" peroids" Next show will be in April i should come in around 210ish. Again would like to hear from some guys about "water management" I know what i did wrong, and have an idea what to do right next time, but would like to hear some comments so i can do some testing before show.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    You'll do just fine. Remember I saw the pics of the guy who won. He was leaner but you were thicker, better chest, delts, calves. If you dial in for this show and things will be right...unless of course your boy decides to enter that show...in which case you'll have a big hill to climb Based on your experience, along with the input of they guys here (and on the other board) you'll have all the info you need to hit your peak for the show. Just stay in the heavywieght class where you belong I'm seriously thinking about driving up to your hometown and doing that show as well (it's usually the week after our Provincials) but as a lightheavy. Keep up the good work bro, see ya soon.
    Pete

hey pete

My "boy" will not complete again at lower level, why go win a show you have already won, keeping moving up a level, i tend to agree with him.

He is quite positive about his upcoming show at National level, think he is realizing he is looking pretty good, i have not seen him, but he will be cut for sure, and extra 15lbs will help too.

How your bud looking? What class is he going to be in?

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    You look great bro. There are quite a few tricks for subcutaneous water. Apart from Lasix and other diuretics, you could try dandelion root, a natural diuretic. Sodium manipulation seems to be key as well. What are your stats?

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    other than lack of a good leg sweep (which you already explained) things look pretty good. a little more size couldn't hurt, but considering the circumstances that were in, you look good. make sure you post those pics as you prepare for show

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Nice pics man.. Yeah Calves, have also been a good muscle for me too. I am one of fortunate ones like you that doesn't have problems with their calves, mine grow like crazy. Now my chest that is another story. Maybe I missed what kinda "gear" you are using, but what are you on?

Nathan

One of the things that messed up was lasix, i used to much too soon and rebounded by show. Had the show been Thrus, i look 10x better. I agree on sodium, i cut it on Sun night thinking sooner was better, but it backfired, make a lot of 1st time mistakes. Of course day after i looked good too, so will be eating more night before next time too. I also think i cut water a bit to soon. Guy asking about my stats, they are listed above. Do not measure so have no idea other than weight, i try to use mirror and scale only. I was between 5-6% about body fat in pics.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    Looking good bro, like you said, just holding a bit too much water and legs needed to be brought up a bit. Calves look great! Looks like you have great structure for this and I think you will do even better in the next show. Just a bit more overall thickness and your there! Great job over all bro, especialy after being in a cast upto 16 weeks before the show!

$uperman is offline Member
    For being out so long your not bad off man... your physique
    looks good. Add some more beef and you be set up. Keep working hard man

Thread Information