Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just found out my heart in enlarged due to Steroids

CatGrabber is offline Member

Just found out my heart in enlarged due to Steroids

I have been a member of this board for several years now. I just went in for my high BP and one test lead to another. Come to find out my heart is enlarged. As far as the severity, we wil see next week. The first thing my doctor asked is "Do you or have you used steroids ?" He was very cool about everything. I was a firm believer in the "steroids do no harm" lingo we all use here. The fact is, they can and will do damamge.

Now, of course my heart enlargement could be the result of heavy lifting. But I doubt it. I do believe they are overrated on the harm they cause but the odds are good I am out of this game for life and am very upset over this whole thing. Hopefully I will not be checking out of this life early due to them as well. This is just something to ponder when considering to use gear or not. I respect everyones opinion and wish everyone here the best of luck. Catgrabber

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    man sorry to hear that, now I am considering holding off on my first cycle coming up.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    how many cycles have you done bro?

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    sorry about that, keep us informed

chevyboyzcry is offline Associate Member
    how old are you bro?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, could you offer a little more history on your streroid usage?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Also high blood pressure will enlarge your heart without touching steroids .

icewind is offline Associate Member
    Personally...i think this is the result of heavy wieghtlifting, and it is normal...to a certain extent...

On the other hand...dosages, time-off etc. ... are also important...

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The heart is a muscle and like any other muscle it will get bigger if you exercice. It was proven that all athlete have enlarged hearts. Dont sweat it

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Really sorry to hear that bro, wish you the best....

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    sorry to hear bro. im sure you know everone is going to wont to ask questions.

have you done hgh in the past

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Sorry to hear that man. Your enlarged heart can be caused by heavy lifting and the high BP.

How long did your high BP go w/o treatment.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    My heart is enlarged also.. but i've never run a cycle. go figure. however my BP is in the low/normal range.. 110/70

bump for his cycle experience

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i am curious also

Angelis is offline Banned
    Yeah I would like to know as well?

LimitsAreNothing is offline Associate Member

prayers

prayers for ya bro. Bump for more info?
    LAN

FuTuReOFtheSPORT is offline New Member
    yeah bro good luck, sorry to hear that

Wow, thank you all for the support. Amazing. Made me feel much better. No, I have never done HGH. I have run roughy 5 cycles in the past 3 to 4 years.

I am 6'2 and 267lbs. Now, you are correct high BP does cause an enlarged heart. BUT my gear has always given me high BP, so I am back at square one. The gear I have used (and never over 600mg each) is Test E, EQ, Deca , D-bol and Fina. My average cycle was 14 to 16 weeks. I really blame Fina mainly for my problems. It gave me SUPER high blood pressure and unreal sweating. Not to mention severe emotional issues. Im glad to hear many athletes have this issue. My doc said we will know if it is a good enlarged heart or bad on in the next week after my Echo Cardio Gram. If it is good, I still may be in the game. If not, well that will be all she wrote with my gear chapter. Again thank you all for the support. Catgrabber

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    goodluck bro. hope everything worx out.

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    I hope everything goes well for you. People should take this as a precaution before diving into heavy dose cycles with many compounds.

True, this is what I was hoping to accopmplish with this post. Just be safe and see your doc regularly. Get bloodwork done cuz AS does effect your organs. I have never even done super high doses. Well, its not over yet. I will post the results of the heart test next week. Cat

gixxer600 is offline Member
    good luck bro!! Even if its a good enlarged heart (which I never thought was possible) I'd still remain out of the game for a while and not jump in it too quickly, just incase. Keep us updated, and I wish you all the best!!

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    This stresses the importance of regular checkups and examinations while on gear, and even after. The more careful you are, the better of you'll be.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CatGrabber
    True, this is what I was hoping to accopmplish with this post. Just be safe and see your doc regularly. Get bloodwork done cuz AS does effect your organs. I have never even done super high doses. Well, its not over yet. I will post the results of the heart test next week. Cat
    Of course it does... It affect every muscle in ur body not just the skeletal ones.

But sorry to hear that I hope it is the good kind of enlarged heart... dont wanna see a fellow BB'er outta the gear game. IF you are you still have lifting just not as heavy

Jessyjack10 is offline Associate Member
    Hey dude, I have the same problem. I am 37 and I have always had very high bp ( 160-170/80). Just now , have i decided to do something about it. As a matter of fact, I just bought my first bp presciption today.

Exercise will thickin your heart ( which is alright) but so does high bp ( which is not so good)

I remember at 20 years old running a test showing my heart thicker than normal, at which point I don't think I had used aas yet.

In a couple of months I will be running a test in which they will be able to see if it's from the bp or the exercise.

I have been taking aas for the last 15 years at a rate of a couple of cycles a year. I know that might sound like a lot but my cycles have always consists of light aas such as 3 cc of winny per week with 200 mg of dec OR some primos runned for 8 to 10 weeks.

Thanks for the post cat, def good reality check....the problem is that we will never know exactly what compound or what dose caused it....everyone is different, and everyone reacts different....the fact is that although we are as safe as we can be, this is a game of russian roulet to a certain extent. I know bros on 3 grams of test a week that have normal hearts and bros that have done low dose cycle and have gotten enlarged hearts. who knows....stay up bro

Exactly, I want to make it part of peoples cycle recomendations. We always see things like...

500mg Test WK
    75 MG Fina EOD
    Clomid Post

we need to see "bloodwork" right after the clomid or before week 1. Lets try to keep the newbies informed on this. It has been neglected for far too long in my opinion. I had bloodwork done on my 3rd cycle so I though I was invincible. Well, Im not. None of us are even though we feel like we are from week 4 on....

If I have to be the posterboy for it, so be it. Something good will come of it. I wish all of you nothing but the best experiances with bodybuilding. We can do it right and be safe. If I have to retire, I will be on here schooling noobies just how important bloodwork is. Catgrabber

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

Prayers are with you

Cat grabber, my prayers are with you.

I completely agree that people should be getting blood work done and other medical check ups on a regular basis if they are using steroids .

I began using in 1984 with a doctors prescription. I always used very low doses, roughly 1/4 or less of what I see other people discussing on this board.

Good Luck to you.

GENETICFREAK is offline Junior Member
    hey cat sorry to hear that man...i was just putting together my next cycle when i read this....now im freakin spooked. The funny thing is i was going to do tren eod with t prop. It would be my first time doing tren. My question is how does a blood test show this? All levels were fine except my cholesterol do to diet at the time. Bp was 120/75. What made you find this out. Any sides you noticed? How did the doc come to this conclusion with out actually seeing it. I hope he had some concrete evidence before he's told you this. One cycle i had and ekg done because i had hard pumping from dbol and my doc said part of my heart was firing backwards which caused it to pause and fill a half second longer so the pump was more felt with more blood.
    Let us know bro....

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    good luck

Genetic Freak, that is funny you said that. My doc said my whole electrical system was backwards. I mainly went in for my high BP and a complete physical. I was red and flushed all the time and when tested my BP it was always 150 over 90. I knew something wasnt right. He looked at me and before he did one test asked about steroids . I look much better then I do in my avatar. I have put on about 20lbs of muscle since then. I get accused of steroid use every week. Also, I have a bit of acne. The doc was no different. He knew.

Also, as for your "how does a blood test show this" question.... All it shows is elevated liver and kidney levels. Meaning your organs are working overtime due to the AS. They do not show you are using roids. The doc knew simply how I looked and the 2 huge zits on my face. They have a way of knowing these things lol

subsailor is offline Junior Member
    My prayers are with you, bud. Thanks for being concerned for us rookies. You seem like a super nice guy. I sure do hope all goes well for you. Please keep us informed.

So how can we know from a blood test that you heart is enlarged?
    Also my doc said the mis fires would go away so long as i cycled and did not live on it! Any more info would be great.

can anyone chime in about this....me and a buddy of mine are about to do a tran cycle and now im a little spooked. Can anyone clarify these questions. Is everybody in denial?

Timetraviler is offline Junior Member
    Dude that sucks

bump

Quote Originally Posted by GENETICFREAK
    can anyone chime in about this....me and a buddy of mine are about to do a tran cycle and now im a little spooked. Can anyone clarify these questions. Is everybody in denial?
    there is no way know what caused it, dont blame it all on tren ...it could have been AAS, lifting, or genetic from high BP.

People need to realize that most of us are putting are bodys in abnormal states by having the amount of muscle mass and low bf that most of us have....this is going to have some effect in one way or another...some of us just have to pay the piper more than others which just doesnt seem fair....but this is the game we play.

i totally i understand all of this but what i need to know is how cats doc can tell him he has an enlarged heart just from blood levels? also has anyone experienced these problems before who can shed light on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information