bigreb is offline Associate Member

tetracycline on AS

I read the educational thread on acne, and couldn't find anything out on tetracycline. My son takes it for acne, so I have tons of it around the house. I have a mild outbreak on my back and shoulders. Anyone have any info if its cool to take on cycle?

viperlingerfelt is offline Associate Member
    Yes, it is okay to use antibiotics while using anabolic steroids . The steroids may be slightly less effective for the same dose...or another way of looking at it,you may need a slightly higher dose,to get the same effect.But not enough to change your stack drastically.

The reason for this is that after the liver metabolizes and excretes steroids in the bile, bacteria will convert some of that back to the parent steroid which would be reabsorbed, thus getting double duty out of the steroid. If you take antibiotics which reduce the amount of intestinal flora greatly (and only some antibiotic regimens do this) then you decrease this effect. I hope this helps..

but....yes it is ok

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    hey bro
    im running minocycline while on, and have had no sides to speak of. and as far as i can tell no interference with the gear. its also clearing the mild outbreak on my back up nicely.........

peace bb79

bigreb is offline Associate Member
    thanks guys, I'm popping the tetra as we speak.

also...

If you’ve been tanning up until now to dry your skin, I might be careful from here on out. Tetracycline is supposed to make your skin very sensitive to UV rays.

bigtam is offline New Member
    i am currently taking minocycline(which is a generic tetracycline) 100mg daily. i have not taking any AS yet (im only20) but the med clears up my acne great without any side effects. i tan often and the direct sun exposure doesn't seem to be a problem.
    good luck with your cycle
    Last edited by bigtam; 12-04-2002 at 11:00 PM.

jbrand is offline Member
    the only mistake i have seen with tetracycline with bodybuilders is when they use it as a preventitive antibiotic. tetracycline may not have much of an adverse effect on protein synthesis, but it still falls under the classification of antianabolic. my suggestion would be to use it only when in need.

Thread Information