steel10 is offline Junior Member

Just did my first quad injection and have a few quest.

I used some of the old threads from TNT to make sure I knew exactly what I was doing and they were incredibly helpful. However, just a few questions. Firstly, when shooting air into vial, should needle point be touching liquid? Also, I couldnt pull liquid and didnt think air even went in, but then realized that needle wasnt all the way tightened (so, just a pointer to other newbies-- make sure you tighten the needle). When aspirating, how far should you pull plunger back? I did it and little air bubbles were entering and I wasnt sure if that was normal, is it? Also, I didn't notice any blood coming into syringe when aspirating, but after I finished injecting, there was a bit of blood in the syringe-- that worried me, but the shot didnt hurt at all and I think it would have had I hit a vein; so, what is up with that? Anyway, that is about all. I am sure I will get better at doing the quad injections with practice. Thanks in advance for the help.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    when you shoot the air in dont have it in the liquid and be holding the bottle upside down.

when aspirating pull the plunger back just a little! we dont want to suck our leg into the dam thing!! and yes seeing the air bubbles when you did it is cool. you WILL know when you draw blood believe me!!

not sure about blood in the barrel after the shot, iv not had that, but maybe you went through a vein and the blood was drawn in there as you withdrew it.

sound like you are ok though

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: Just did my first quad injection and have a few quest.

Originally posted by steel10
    I used some of the old threads from TNT to make sure I knew exactly what I was doing and they were incredibly helpful...
    Pardon me while I blush . . .

You did just fine, steel10. When you inject air into the vial, it doesn't matter whether you inject into the liquid or above the liquid, nor does the position of the vial matter (although it will be easier if it is upside down and you are pushing upward - that way you can simply pull the needle out far enough that it is in liquid when you draw). I usually draw some extra liquid, especially since oil-based gear (such as test) draws into the syringe slowly. Then once I have more than enough, I push the extra gear back into the vial (which is safe, since it has never hit air), withdraw the needle from the vial, pull the needle back to get some air into the syringe, and then switch to a fresh pin. Obviously, before injecting, you should hold the syringe upside down, tap it lightly with your finger nail (to get the air to the top), and push the plunger until you see a small drop of liquid come out.

Kaz is right about aspirating - you only have to pull the plunger back minimally - just enough to see a tiny air bubble. Once you see that, you know you are not in a vein (since you did not see blood), and you can then push the plunger at whatever speed is comfortable for you. (Keep in mind that if you are using, say, a 25 g. needle for test, it will push much more slowly than a larger needle - but it will also hurt a lot less.)

So it sounds like you did a fine job, especially if it didn't hurt at all. The quads have more nerves and nerve endings than the glutes or delts, and if you had hit a nerve, you would have known it immediately (by the beads of sweat that would have suddenly appeared on your forehead ). You did fine, bro.

steel10 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks to both of you for the responses-- now I feel a lot better (I am just paranoid by nature). TNT, didn't mean to make you blush, but your threads are incredibly helpful and reflect the amount of time you must put into them. I am still not sure why there was a little blood in the syringe after finishing the injection, but I guess I have no need to worry. Anyway, thanks again.

Thread Information