tyler D is offline Banned

Chest!! Twice A Week

WHILE ON AS CAN YOU WORK CHEST TWICE A WEEK OR IS THAT OVER TRAINING I WORKED IT LIKE 3 TO 4 DAYS AGO NOW IT FEELS READY TO HIT IT AGAIN

Kullman is offline Member
    This should be in the workout forum. But different methods work differently for each person. You can trian your chest twice a week. I personally train mine once a week, that works best for me. You just have to find what works best for you.

tyler D is offline Banned
    BUT IT WON'T HURT MY GAINS WILL IT?

Kullman is offline Member
    No it won't hurt your gains at all.

steel10 is offline Junior Member
    As long as your muscle group is FULLY recovered, you can hit it more than once a week. A lot of times, if you are on a program trying to increase your strength in a specific lift (i.e. benchpress), you will hit it multiple times per week. However, with many of such programs, you will do less sets/weight on other body parts in order to maximize what you can do on bench. Personally, my chest seems to stay sore forever, so it is tough for me to hit more than once a week, but there are plenty of people who hit it real hard one day and "touch up" on another, or that just hit it twice a week. It is funny, though, so many people want to bench as often as possible, yet there aren't too many out there just figuring out ways to do get an extra leg day in there!! BTW, if you are trying to add a lot of weight to your bench press for some reason, I do reccomend the EAS program "How to add 50lbs to your BP." I would not do it currently because it does have its shortcoming (less sets for other body parts, no dead lifts included in program, etc), but I've done it a few times and saw great increases in my strength on bench-- and was able to hit chest every Monday and Friday without overtraining the muscle.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Twice a week was great for me, lots of strength gains, even when coming off a cycle. My shoulders didn't like it too much but weights went up each workout. You can't do a high volume chest workout if you are going to up the frequency though b/c that will lead to over training. I am currently doing chest 3x every 9 days, but only doing 1 set to failure each chest day.

Thread Information