swoll is offline Junior Member

Question vioxx with steriods?

Can i take vioxx an anti-inflammatory for my back while on steriods ? I just started last week with some d-bol and whated to know before i start the cypenate. Since my back really hurts i need some relief!
    -thanks-

McBain is offline Member
    I would try to fix the root of your back problem instead of putting a band aide on the situation with vioxx. Wish I could remember what exactly vioxx does but I remember reading it has some negative effects on muscle gains and recovery time (as does aspirin). I know I don't know your history but I would avoid the vioxx period and try to see someone to fix your back problem instead.

V-TACH is offline New Member
    Swoll, i love vioxx. I work in a hospital and they give it to elderly patients with arthritis, joint pains, muscle pains, etc. Alot of doctors call it a miriacle drug. I take it for everything, headaches, joint pains, neck pains, hangovers, and so on. I would not recommend taking it if you are diabetic. I was having a conversation with a vioxx drug rep. the other day and she informed me that a few people died recently from vioxx. These people were diabetic patients who were taking alot of other medications.. Doctors are not sure if it was just vioxx, or a combination of vioxx with the other medications.

About the root of the problem... i got an MRI and stuff like that. They say its one of the lower disks and i need to let it heal. Its been like 6 months and nothing really happend. Plus this girl i am trying to get with that i really like is around 170 so i need to impress

V-TACH is offline New Member
    Keep heat on it, use icy hot to loosen up the muscles. DO NOT do anything that will put a strain on your back. If it has been 6 months and your back still hurts, you need to go see a Chiropractor or Internal Medicine doctor. Hell with the girl, you can't do shit with a screwed up back. Trust me, you don't want to have back surgery. Recovery is a bitch!!!!!

Yea recovery is a major bitch. I need to get this fixed ASAP. But about the girl... if its someone that you can see yourself getting marryed to its hard to just say the hell with it.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I read in Mens Health and how vioxx was actually dangerous and did not help near as much as aleve or something like that..so from that it would be safer to stick with aleve

ok i guess ill stall off of it

McBain is offline Member
    With the back injury you described I would chill with the AAS until it heals. Just asking for trouble imo. Wait until it heals then start your cycle. If you do this cycle and get hurt all that work and juice will go to waste because you'll lose it all if you have to have surgery.

Yea i hear you. That would be the smart thing to do. But they were just going to give he a steroid shot in the back anyways

McBain is offline Member
    I would do some research on this, I've read studies that show the cortisol shots (I assume this is what you are refering to) do not improve long term back problems, they simply help for like 3 months then you are back to where you started. Again I am not a doctor but I've read studies detailing this a bit more. I'd check it out.

yea thats true my mom had them done to her. That why im not

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i use nsaids when on cycle i dont rec anything but just for me I use celebrex find it alot better and from what i have researched alot less problems

peace

Thread Information