jacko is offline Junior Member

acne prevention!!

hey bro's, what all is there to take on your cycle to prevent acne, especially if your prone to getting that sh*ty gift?
    i know about b-5, accutane and drinking mass amounts of water but -PRO'S also throw some feedback in.
    i think it would be better to get on something the whole cycle.

what to use, what dosages, amount of time to use?

IT'S NICE TO BULK UP, THEN RIPP UP, BUT IT SUCKS TO BE
    EMBARASSED TO TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF WHEN ALL THE LADIES ARE BEGGING YOU TO!!

popeyethasailah is offline Junior Member
    stay away from accutane. it will definetly help the acne but it can fuck with your body, skin, and hair pretty bad. i read somewhere in this bulletin that Pantheonic Acid, a form of Vit-B helps, and i bought some and realized that it really does work. also, clearisil oil free face wash works good in the shower, i apply it and rinse it off like 2-3 times every time i shower, it really cleans deep when you do that. the clearisil vanishing cream helps at bed time too, but can bleach you skin slightly and maybe even dry it out depending on your skin's tolerance to benzoil peroxide. lastly, if you dont feel like washing your face and getting all wet because you are in a rush, get some isopropyl alcohol from your local drug/convenient store and put it on with cotton circular pads, cotton balls, even a tissue... it takes off the surface layer of dirt and oil quite nicely. thas all you need to know, IMHO-fuck the presciptions for acne.

Shredder is offline Associate Member
    Get Retin-a. works good and its cheap and it takes out your wrinkles.

jbrand is offline Member

Re: acne prevention!!

Originally posted by jacko

hey bro's, what all is there to take on your cycle to prevent acne, especially if your prone to getting that sh*ty gift?
    i know about b-5, accutane and drinking mass amounts of water but -PRO'S also throw some feedback in.
    i think it would be better to get on something the whole cycle.

what to use, what dosages, amount of time to use?

IT'S NICE TO BULK UP, THEN RIPP UP, BUT IT SUCKS TO BE
    EMBARASSED TO TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF WHEN ALL THE LADIES ARE BEGGING YOU TO!!
    use a topic cream such as differin or retin-a. antibiotics can cause immunity when used as preventative substances not to mention the tetracycline family are antianabolic substances, which in turn have the possibility of inhibiting gains somewhat.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    here is a list of things that should help with acne
    anti-biotics do not work for most people.
    beta carotene 25000 a day
    vitamin b-5 2 grams a day
    vitamin c 1 gram a day
    vitamin e 400iu a day
    zinc 50mg a day
    3-6 tablespoons of flax a day
    selenium 200mg a day
    tea-tree oil
    zinc picolinate 50mg a day
    retin-a
    tanning a few times a week works wonders for me.
    also try a sauna or steam room. opens pores. then jump in a cold shower to close them.

caseylee is offline Junior Member
    i haven't tryed the b-5, but will soon, but what i use now is called pan-oxy bar 5% they also make 10%, it s just bigger, i get mine at wallgreens, but i think you can get it at any drug store? just check around, pretty cheap only a couple of bucks, it works for me!

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by Dizzy
    here is a list of things that should help with acne
    anti-biotics do not work for most people.
    vitamin c 1 gram a day
    vitamin e 400iu a day
    zinc 50mg a day
    selenium 200mg a day
    tea-tree oil
    retin-a
    tanning a few times a week works wonders for me.
    also try a sauna or steam room. opens pores. then jump in a cold shower to close them.
    i don't understand what you mean in terms of antibiotics not being beneficial to the majority of the population. is there any evidence supporting this?

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Originally posted by jbrand

i don't understand what you mean in terms of antibiotics not being beneficial to the majority of the population. is there any evidence supporting this?
    mistype - most people i have discussed with in treating acne while on cycle. that is what we are discussing here is it not? i could care less about the majority of the population and antibiotics. we are discussing AAS use. you said yourself that antibiotics can cause immunity when used to prevent. i used minocycline for a month and it stopped working while on cycle. how's that for evidence brother jbrand?

jbrand is offline Member
    mistype - most people i have discussed with in treating acne while on cycle. that is what we are discussing here is it not? i could care less about the majority of the population and antibiotics. we are discussing AAS use. you said yourself that antibiotics can cause immunity when used to prevent. i used minocycline for a month and it stopped working while on cycle. how's that for evidence brother jbrand?
    i don't mean to get off on the wrong foot here, but it's pretty shitty in terms of 'evidence'.

Immunity is developed in a germ's outer surface, which is affecting by the vast majority of antibiotics including penicillin. What differentiates tetracycline (minocycline is a tetracycline) is that it affects the core of the germ, and it is said to be that because of such a factor no immune strain of germs ever develop.

BTW: i wasn't jumping on the issue with intent of talking tetraycclines, the general tone of your message made me believe that you were making a bold statement that antibiotics were unsuccessful with the majority of the population, which was too far from the truth to let fly.

Happy 100 message to me.

Dizzy is offline Banned

i don't mean to get off on the wrong foot here, but it's pretty shitty in terms of 'evidence'.

Immunity is developed in a germ's outer surface, which is affecting by the vast majority of antibiotics including penicillin. What differentiates tetracycline (minocycline is a tetracycline) is that it affects the core of the germ, and it is said to be that because of such a factor no immune strain of germs ever develop.

BTW: i wasn't jumping on the issue with intent of talking tetraycclines, the general tone of your message made me believe that you were making a bold statement that antibiotics were unsuccessful with the majority of the population, which was too far from the truth to let fly.

Happy 100 message to me.
    maybe you didn't understand. i was giving personal experience and the experience of other bodybuilders i have talked to who use steriods . not puny scientists who study tetracyclines. THAT IS ALL. i will edit the post just for you mkay? also...do you remember typing this or what?
    antibiotics can cause immunity when used as preventative substances not to mention the tetracycline family are antianabolic substances,
    BECAUSE I AGREE TOTALLY! if this isn't a debate about tetracyclines then why are you trying to fucking start one? i could care less.

jbrand is offline Member
    maybe you didn't understand. i was giving personal experience and the experience of other bodybuilders i have talked to who use steriods . not puny scientists who study tetracyclines. THAT IS ALL. i will edit the post just for you mkay? also...do you remember typing this or what?
    BECAUSE I AGREE TOTALLY! if this isn't a debate about tetracyclines then why are you trying to fucking start one? i could care less.
    oh wow. if you wouldn't mind i am sure the board would appreciate it what you 'experience' on a day-to-day basis so we can just throw all that "science" away and just deal with the hardcore practical shit.

since we love quoting my "puny scientist" evidence let's quote it a third time dizzy, because i am under the impression some of us need a little extra reading before they make assinine posts.

"antibiotics can cause immunity when used as preventative substances not to mention the tetracycline family are antianabolic substances,"

you might find this crazy, but i actually agree with myself. antibiotics CAN cause immunity when used preventatively, and guess what? they USUALLY are. the tetracycline family is rather unique in its chemical design.

let me let you get back to your practical studies now, if anybody is looking for me i'll be indulging in worthless studies, science for example.

Dizzy is offline Banned

oh wow. if you wouldn't mind i am sure the board would appreciate it what you 'experience' on a day-to-day basis so we can just throw all that "science" away and just deal with the hardcore practical shit.

since we love quoting my "puny scientist" evidence let's quote it a third time dizzy, because i am under the impression some of us need a little extra reading before they make assinine posts.

"antibiotics can cause immunity when used as preventative substances not to mention the tetracycline family are antianabolic substances,"

you might find this crazy, but i actually agree with myself. antibiotics CAN cause immunity when used preventatively, and guess what? they USUALLY are. the tetracycline family is rather unique in its chemical design.

let me let you get back to your practical studies now, if anybody is looking for me i'll be indulging in worthless studies, science for example.
    dude you are one of the most confused individuals i have ever talked to on this board. you argue with yourself and people that agree with you. i will read whatever you have to say after i make this post...but i will reply no more. i did make a bad statement that antibiotics do not work for anyone. i am so FUCKING SORRY. ok. i'm sorry i don't live up to your standards of posting on the subject of antibiotics. now can you tell me the point of your argument please? did i say that science is pointless?

you actually agree with yourself? what about you? and you? <(pointing at the same person...jbrand>) do you have multiple personality disorder or what? you need a puny scientist to aid you in some expressive and functional therapies. my point was that i mistyped that statement. did you ever read that? if you want to talk shit then pm me and we will work this out. otherwise keep on replying to this thread that has gone totally off topic. and i apologize to jacko for that. i bet next time he reads this he'll think to himself "it's like a bad sequel to fight club or something. what the fuck are these two talking about?"

jbrand is offline Member
    dude you are one of the most confused individuals i have ever talked to on this board. you argue with yourself and people that agree with you. i will read whatever you have to say after i make this post...but i will reply no more. i did make a bad statement that antibiotics do not work for anyone. i am so FUCKING SORRY. ok. i'm sorry i don't live up to your standards of posting on the subject of antibiotics. now can you tell me the point of your argument please? did i say that science is pointless?

you actually agree with yourself? what about you? and you? <(pointing at the same person...jbrand>) do you have multiple personality disorder or what? you need a puny scientist to aid you in some expressive and functional therapies. my point was that i mistyped that statement. did you ever read that? if you want to talk shit then pm me and we will work this out. otherwise keep on replying to this thread that has gone totally off topic. and i apologize to jacko for that. i bet next time he reads this he'll think to himself "it's like a bad sequel to fight club or something. what the fuck are these two talking about?"
    i wouldn't dare "talk shit" to you via PM, i could not even imagine the consequences for a paranoid schizophrenic like myself.

they say knowledge is power, "dizzy". if so holds true, you may as well stick by shiny silver weight rack and save intelligent conversation for those who can handle it.

gymnut4u is offline Member
    All I have ever used is 100% rubbing alchol , when I wake up and before bed , I use a wash cloth and do my face and get my girl to do my shoulders and back if needed ,work great for me !

Dizzy is offline Banned

Re: whoa

Originally posted by 47john
    antibiotics do work

here is a list of things that will not work if you have some fairly persistent acne

vitamin b
    creams except tretinoin which is the strongest retin-a product .
    clearisil
    oxy
    extra showers
    scrubbing the affected area
    vitamin c 1 gram a day
    vitamin e 400iu a day
    zinc 50mg a day
    selenium 200mg a day
    tea-tree oil
    tanning a few times a week
    sauna or steam room. then jump in a cold shower
    any other home remedy

no offense but anyone with a stubborn acne problem realizes how ineffective these treatments really are , i just got done taking vitamin b 2x a day for 3 months . i really have tried them all and they dont work , at least not for me . some people just get a few pimples here and there and that stuff may help . but for a problem like mine you only have a couple options .

1. accutane
    2. antibiotics
    3. wait it out and hopefully it will go away by age 35

retin a / tretinoin is mostly for scarring and wont completely stop a severe acne problem . but still good to have .
    if you only tried most of those treatments for only three months then you didn't do it long enough. nothing works over night. again i am sorry about the antibiotic statement. they work for you. thats great. they didn't for me and for alot of people i've talked to. i was not trying to say that you were wrong.
    Last edited by Dizzy; 04-13-2002 at 09:33 AM.

Strutt is offline Junior Member
    Glycolic Acid works wonders for me. You can get it from a dermotologist. The stronger version is used for skin peels but you can get a weaker version of it just for acne.

Thread Information