Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    G-S Guest
    Originally posted by Dr.Evil
    jbrand, if you're just convicted of posession then you will not be placed with violent offenders. they're usually pretty friendly in those blocks.

Wanna bet? Lifer's, murderers, and rapists can all make it down to a level 2 security level, if they behave in prison. And, level 2 is where most drug offenders are placed.

even in the violent groups, i've never seen or heard of prison rape, but i'm sure it exists out there if not in the prison i was in then in some other prisons around the country.

It does exist. Rape, sex for sale, pimping. It's a city within a city. Anything that happends on the streets happen behind the walls.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I've spent some time on the inside.

Its nothing to be proud of and I think many people are very scared to go, and I know i was.

Its not nearly as bad when you get there, and you'll find that people actually do care about you in there.

They can relate to what you are going though, most the time there is a few crazy fuckers, but you find friends and they watch out for you, knowing you'll do the same.

I found myself having fun most the time. I was the youngest guy in there, but I only had 1 problem with a 52 year old fat guy that took a bag of my chips. I did not have to use any violece to get them back or anything.

You'll find your bunkies will watch out for you, if you don't get involved with dirt and grinding you'll be ok.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    "city within a city"

thats a nice title, thanks.

I didn't things got so advanced, I new of drugs and make shift weapons, but thats it.

nice reply J-Dogg,

great responses guys!

G-S Guest
    J-Dog is correct. IF you can keep your nose clean, and out of the bullshit, you can live a relatively normal style..just surrounded by men and scumbags.

But, you ain't going home. And, those cons that do keep there nose clean, and mind their own biz, generally have no idea what "really happens".

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    if murderer's and rapists end up in level 2s then that means they behave themselves. i wouldn't be worried about people who have shown themselves to be responsible inmates. my prison experience wasn't that bad at all. the worst part was missing my family on the outside.

G-S Guest
    Yeah, and even level 2 inmates go off on nuts. We had a murder here recently. A level 2 inmate killed a staff member...

Behave yourself, and you can go down in levels...but the threat of violence is STILL there.

Im glad there's a good number of responses,

btw- Dr. Evil, nice avatar!

bump, for the boys in the big house.

jbrand is offline Member
    thanks for all the replies. i'll keep you guys updated with my situation. may 10th will determine my freedom.

Dustin is offline New Member
    I've heard of inmates holding a guy down and dropping a loaded barbell on his head in Canada. I guess it was a pertty big mess. Don't piss people off in the weight pit, don't be a bitch either.
    -Dust

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by BaSe
    hey jbrand, good luck man, i wish the best for you
    i appreciate it bro. all i can do for now is keep my head up and hope i don't become the enslaved whore of a penitentary in the near future on a serious note, my lawyer thinks we can get by with no prison time so i'll think happy thoughts for now.

Originally posted by Dustin
    I've heard of inmates holding a guy down and dropping a loaded barbell on his head in Canada. I guess it was a pertty big mess. Don't piss people off in the weight pit, don't be a bitch either.
    -Dust

motivational words for Jbrand, so he doesn't have to worry about going to a "federal pound me in the ass prison"

Good luck man!

bump for my presentation tomorrow

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    let's see what can i add to this. First off everything is money, and i mean just about everything from services, to goods, soap, food, writting paper, tobacco, and stamps were a real big money item, etc. As far as weed goes that shit is exxxxpensive for what you get. Which isn't much, i paid 7 dollars for something that i could have mistaken for a toothpick, and that's no joke! But i got sooo high which was refreshing after a while of being locked up. It was better then i could ever remember.

Roids, yes you can get roids in the penn, but the way my buddy went about it was to go to the doctor, (He got hooked up) im not sure how affective they really were at such low doses, but that was how he made his money. i guess he did pretty good.

New commers and the hustle (skinners)- The new guys find out very quick what it's like to be hustled, the old cats who have been to the penn before already have a good hustle down (more often then not i would say) A hustle in the penn is your side job, it's a job that the guards can't know about if you know what i mean. A hustle can be anything from Sucking dick to extortion, running a poker game, doing laundry for other inmates, loan shark, that was mine Or even getting meds from the doc and trading them off. It's good to have a hustle, if you don't have real money. Even if you have money it's good, because your only allowed to buy so much per week on canteen, at least where i was at.

New commers and being intimidated/punked- When you first get there you can lay low (if you can), but eventually your gonna have somebody come up and fuck with you. Most of the guys trying to get out won't even bother you, because they want out too, and don't want to get into trouble. People serving a long stretch, especially lifers, don't give a shit, i can't tell you what to do if you become an enemy with a lifer, other then to kill him. Don't let yourself get punked/disrespected. I had one incident when this black dude was trying to cut into line infront of me. (BTW IM NOT RACIST) I had no choice but to say "You better get back in line nigger' I said it like that, and somewhat loud because i wanted all the other black peps to know that im not one to fuck with, and it worked. I felt kinda bad about saying it later, but then i rememberd that fucker tried to punk me, felt better afterwards.

Race issues- Blacks stick with blacks, whites stick with whites, skins stick with skins, simple as that, mexicans stick with mexicans, atleast that was my experience. However my celly was black, and we got along great.

If you find yourself working out with alot of black peps (im white) like i did, just chill and wait for your set to come up, i never really had a problem other then that lunch line incident. Everybody knows the game, and we all play it.

Ok let's talk about Pussy What's to talk about dipshits there is no pussy other then the fatass women guards, and even they start to look good after a while. I remember this big big woman guard, i thought she was ugly as sin when i first got on the yard, a few months flew by, she walked by and i followed her every step omg, my homey was like Mike wtf man do you need some pussy that bad, i was like Ohh i don't like her man im just watching to see if she's gonna fuck with anybody. He knew better.

Somebody said that if you lay low that you won't see anything, that is some big ass bullshit, he must have been a guard or something, Because even if you do lay low you will always see some shit.

Hidding places in the cells, threre are a few good places other then keister packin, but im not gonna say what they are. It is hard to hide shit though, because your cell is so big with not much of anything in it.
    IMO the best place to hide anything is on the yard.

What do you do if you see somebody get beat down? If its nobody you know, Fuck it! And if it is somebody you know and you don't have a homey with you, Fuck it too! You do not have friends in the joint you have buds.

This is what i can recall my time locked up, and i adapted pretty good i think, Im not really a violent guy, but i am intimidating, and i know this. Intimidation is a good thing to have in the joint,it keeps your ass out of trouble.

Hope this helps some bro
    Last edited by BigMike J; 06-09-2002 at 12:10 PM.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    BTW Good luck with your presentation, and they also have walk-throughs at some prisons, you should of got one for your report, sometimes you can even talk to the inmates.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    DR.Evil,

In NY nonviolent and violent offenders are housed together.
    I just got home last july on a workrelaese program for direct sales to an undercover. I got a shit load of time I was brought up on 6 counts of A1 felonys.
    As for gear in the prisons yes there is there is more drugs in the prison than on the streets. You name it they can get it in weather they bring it in on visits, a C.O. bringing it in, an outside vender to the prison, a civilian who works in the facility there are endless ways, money talks.
    How do people pay? They have their people send money to the other persons account, or you pay with smokes, or commissary buys.
    Wild shit? yes all day just like gladiator training cuttings, stabbings, fights. C.O.s' setting people up, or beating inmates down.

Rape does it happen yes often no most people will fight rather than be raped, or join a gang for protection or a religous group for protection. I've seen it all.

Just some info trust me the puplic knows very little of what really goes on in prisons or the amount of time the state gives out for non- violent bullshit.

"Just because we hang out, don't mean we're friends"
    Last edited by xxxl83; 06-09-2002 at 12:26 PM.

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    you can get anything you want in prison bro. i have friends that have been in prison and they said you can get what ever you want. all kinds of drugs are available if you have money.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    i did 4 years and saw everything you can imagine except aas's

Dom78 is offline New Member
    i have spent a few years in prison in california,ive been to 5 different prisons and a number of different yards and i have never seen any gear on the yards.but if you ever did find it you would trade things like cans of tuna or chile....ect..jars of instant coffee or tobbacco for it and it would be twice as expensive (the guy who gets it in wants his piece of the pie)

BDTR is offline Retired
    When i was in, dbol and drol were readilly availible.

swoleup is offline Associate Member
    When I did time I had acces to Dbol and plenty of clen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information