jony1977 is offline New Member

Red face Hitted a Nerve?????

Today I was going to inject some Test into my quad (for the fifth time), I started to insert the needle and started to hurt, also my leg moved by itself, and when I inject the Test it hurt more than what usually does...Did I hit a nerve???? Would really like to know...because I dont really want to go through that experience again.....

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I did the same thing once while injecting my quad and I had a pins and needle feeling for about 4 months.... I hit a nerve and basically my freaking leg had that asleep feeling.... It sucked and I'll never inject quads again bro.... There's to many nerves you can hit in your legs IMO...

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Damn are you serious? Is it that bad? People swear by quad injections! Where to u prefer to inject? I'm gonna have to do quad's I think, cause i can't reach around to my ass!!!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Terinox
    People swear by quad injections! Where to u prefer to inject? I'm gonna have to do quad's I think, cause i can't reach around to my ass!!!
    I always do quads with no problems. Don't even worry bout it Terinox. I hate glutes too.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I love shooting the glutes....And I hate the quad shots.
    Shoulders are the best though :-)

M

steel10 is offline Junior Member
    Jony1977-- based on what you describe, you must have hit a nerve or hit something you shouldn't have. Does it still hurt? Did the pain deseminate throughout other parts of your body? I personally love quad injections-- as opposed to glute ones because they are a lot easier for me to control. However, the reality is that the quads do have more risks associate with them-- so you gotta do a cost/benefit analysis and see what is best for you. I will say that if I did ever hit a nerve myself, it would probably change my opinion on doing quad injections. Anyway, good luck and hope you're alright. If you don't want to do quad injections, or glute ones, there are a lot of other spots you can hit. I havent done anything other than quads/glutes myself, but a lot of guys out there do and seem to like other spots better than the more traditional ones...

steel10 is offline Junior Member
    BTW, what the fuck kind of word is "hitted"? JK.

androplex is offline Donating Member
    hitted, I like that word,

Sounds like the way you feel when you hit that nerve.

Makes you say it that way.

I would put more t's in like this

hiTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTed.

Hope you feel better soon bro.

Later

jony1977 is offline New Member
    Sorry for my English, I know it sucks....I am from Argentina. and I try to write it as good as I can. Will be more carefull next time....

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I only inject in my upper out side quad.

What I think probably happend was a muscle twitched in your leg while injecting.

I've had it happen before, it hurts pretty bad.

Make sure your leg is totaly relaxed when injecting and make sure its on the out side of your leg, not inside.

On the inside is a very large vein and I think if you injected a oil base AS in your vien, you might not be alive after it reaches your heart.

ironmaster is offline Associate Member
    Quads are essential injection sites. You can't just shoot the glutes forever.
    You just need to find the sweet spot and there is no pain and no blood. Put your thumb on the point of your hip and extend the index finger toward the knee on the outside of the quad. Just below that spot, and for several inches, is the right place. Above that area, where the quad attachments begin is a large nerve bundle. If you hit there, that quad will be useless for injections for quite a while. I know, I fucked this up while in a hurry a few years ago. It will feel crunchy going in if you are in a nerve area.
    If you can, you should rotate quads, glutes, and delts to avoid scar tissue buildup.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by ironmaster
    Quads are essential injection sites. You can't just shoot the glutes forever.
    You just need to find the sweet spot and there is no pain and no blood. Put your thumb on the point of your hip and extend the index finger toward the knee on the outside of the quad. Just below that spot, and for several inches, is the right place. Above that area, where the quad attachments begin is a large nerve bundle. If you hit there, that quad will be useless for injections for quite a while. I know, I fucked this up while in a hurry a few years ago. It will feel crunchy going in if you are in a nerve area.
    If you can, you should rotate quads, glutes, and delts to avoid scar tissue buildup.
    Sorry to bring up an old thread Do you inject from the site of the quads though or straight down?

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    Yep, u hit a nerve, samehting happened to me, almost cried, but oh well. I was feeling sharp ass pains for about a week. Ive since hit the quad twice, but was forced to start hitting glutes and delts, which turned out to be great!!!

McBain is offline Member
    It's actually not really sore anymore, it just hurt like a bitch for like 1-2 hours. Yeah my delt injections have been fine (except I shot the first one too high and had to re-poke a couple because it was really awkward how I was shooting it so it was pretty sore), and I did tri's today which went really well, 1cc in each tri's no problem and no soreness at all (I shot test prop), I worked out like an hour after the shot and still no problems.

tiny234 is offline Junior Member
    I took a shot in my quad the other day and my leg shook it hurt alot...but it was alright after...it doesn't sound like nothing serious

pump man is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by androplex
    hitted, I like that word,

Sounds like the way you feel when you hit that nerve.

Makes you say it that way. i loved it also!!!

I would put more t's in like this

hiTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTed.

Hope you feel better soon bro.

Later

ironmaster is offline Associate Member
    McBain.......the syringe should be parallel to the floor if you are standing up while injecting......if I understand your question. You want to be deep in the muscle. Check out www.spotinjections.com for pictures of various site injections.

Thread Information