tx_iron is offline Associate Member

ill effects of xanax

im going to pick up some xanax bars to help my moods during my dbol cyp eq cycle....is there any side effects relating to muscle? i know they are addictive but i was wondering if there going to hinder my gains...i know alot of guys on this board take them for roid rage (i read that in a thread) and i have trouble sleeping on cycle as well and thought they would help...thanks

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Chemical Name: Alprazolam

Brand Name: Xanax (available in generic)

Manufacturer: Pharmacia and UpJohn

Description: Xanax is in the benzodiazapine class of central nervous system active compounds. The exact mechanism of action is unknown.

Indications and Usage: Xanax is indicated for the management of anxiety disorder or the short-term relief of symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety or tension associated with the stress of everyday life usually does not require treatment with an antiolytic medication. Xanax is also indicated for the treatment of panic disorder, with or without agoraphobia.

Contraindications, Warnings, and Precautions: Certain adverse clinical events, some life-threatening, are a direct consequence of physical dependence to Xanax. Even after relatively short-term use at recommended doses, there is some risk for dependence. The risk is higher when taking doses over 4mg per day for longer than 8 to 12 weeks. The potential for psychological dependence is more of a risk in individuals with a history of alcohol or drug abuse. Addiction prone individuals should be under careful surveillance when receiving Xanax. DO NOT STOP TAKING XANAX ABRUPTLY. This can cause withdrawal reactions, including seizures. Signs of withdrawal may include heightened sensory perception, impaired concentration, dysosmia (distortion of normal smell perception), clouded sensorium, parasthesias, muscle cramps, muscle twitches, diarrhea, blurred vision, appetite decreases and weight loss. Anxiety and insomnia have also been reported. Withdrawal reactions may occur when dosage reduction occurs for any reason, including forgetting to take a dose. Xanax must be reduced gradually under the doctor's supervision. Xanax can potentially cause fetal harm in pregnant women. If Xanax is taken with other psychotropic agents or anticonvulsant drugs, careful consideration should be given to the pharmacology of the agents to be employed, particularly with compounds that may potentiate the actions of benzodiazepines. Alcohol should be avoided while taking Xanax. Xanax may interact with the following medications: imipramine, desipramine, fluoxetine, propoxyphene, oral contraceptives, diltiazem, isoniazid, macrolide antibiotics such as erythromycin and clarithromycin, and cimetidine.

Adverse Reactions: Possible common side effects include drowsiness and light-headedness. Less common side effects may include headache, confusion, restlessness, psychosis, transient hypotension, tachycardia, dry mouth, nausea and vomiting, constipation and visual disturbances.

Dosing Range: Dosing should be individualized for maximum beneficial effect. Dosing can range from 0.25mg per day to 4mg per day. Some individuals may require more depending on a variety of factors.

thanks key but i was wondering if yall had anyreal "realworld"experiences with it but your info is appreciated.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I know you were, which is why I gave you the medical part of it. Why take it if you don't need it ? Don't tell me you are a believer in roid rage . If you can't control your emotions, then you need ohter help. I doubt it'll hinder your gains though.

thanks key.....to tell you the truth im also interested in it to keep me from drinking at parties and stuff...instead of drinking beers while on dbol i thought i could just pop a bar and smoke a joint to keep me from drinking and still be social...sounds dumb but im young and my friends like to party...

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Get some soma. It's a mild to strong muscle relaxer that will give you that "drunk" effect. You can even combine it with a few beers to heighten the effect.

PaPa's pansy ass takes them to keep him from drinking. They must work though because he keeps pulling the ugly chicks which he swears are 10s....

yeah ive had somas before are they less suspetable(spelling) to addiction? they make me tired as f

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by tx_iron
    thanks key.....to tell you the truth im also interested in it to keep me from drinking at parties and stuff...instead of drinking beers while on dbol i thought i could just pop a bar and smoke a joint to keep me from drinking and still be social...sounds dumb but im young and my friends like to party...
    that just doesnt seem to be a good reason to me. im in college i still go to parties and dont drink u can still hang out i always just say im on a strict diet to get bigger. if u cant dedicate yourself totally then i dont see a reason to start taking juice.

not a flame just want you to know ur not the only one out there going through the same things if you want or need help alot of us are in the same boat
    lata bro
    leighty

john004 is offline Associate Member
    I take a half a bar everynight to help sleep, especially since im on DNP .. with dnp i take a whole. Im not sure if does anything, but i still make awesome gains.

i like smoking and xanax anyway so thats why i do it

Thread Information