Thread: Greetings

carcosa is offline New Member

Greetings

Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 6'5 240, bodyfat maybe around 27% (last time I checked it was 32 and its been a while...) Working out fairly heavily. I'm 30 something.

I've worked out before but never as seriously as I am now, because now I've got a reason.

I'm recuperating from an exceedingly painful injury that I got from martial arts, a good lesson to me not to try to train through a severe injury.

Working with a trainer right now at a yuppie gym-- hey it's open 24 hours-- with a lot of emphasis on midsection stability (back injury.)

I'm going to juice eventually. I have no moral objection to it and I think the people who do object are not exactly pussies but they have some issues-- people should be allowed to do what they please as long as it's not hurting anybody else. I am concerned about the health risks but I think moderate usage of any substance isn't going to kill you if done intelligently. Why should we allow a random genetic crapshoot to control our physiques?

I'm told that I should cut down before I juice so that's what I'm going to do. I am not quite clear on the reasons why this is, except possibly for the fact (I'm told) that you have a larger number of estrogen receptors in fatty tissue. I am concerned about gyno because I think I have a small natural case of it and I think it was aggravated to some extent by prohormones; could partly be body fat too. As you can see from my picture I am not exactly cut. (actually no that isn't really me... )

But I believe in listening to those with more experience than I; it's got me to the fairly-good place I am today in some other sports. So diet and run I shall do until I drop substantial fat.

My diet consists primarily of protein and fruit. My trainer tells me I shouldn't be too terribly afraid of fat, and so sometimes I'll have some steak or beef that is a bit fatty but mainly I eat grilled ground lean turkey breast, grilled fish, et cetera. Oh, and lots of protein powder; some peanut butter. Very little bread, et cetera. Try to eat a grapefruit or two a day, sometimes four.

I'm on ECA even though it makes me bloody CRACKY (though seems less so if I'm careful about other coffee...) ZMA, multivitamin, ginko, octacosanol, creatine.

When I juice, it will probably be injected deca and injected equipoise with clomid during the deca and for the comedown phase, and then winstrol /clenbuterol with more clomid. Also I will probably find arimidex and keep that on hand so that I don't have to start wearing a bloody bra.

My goals are to get up to 250 or possibly 260 at around 10% body fat. Utter cutness isn't that important to me as I'm not contest material. Primary goal however is complete and lasting injury rehabilitation. Another secondary goal is rehab so that I can return fully to fighting arts.

Right now I think I'm just here to soak up knowledge. I'm losing weight on my cardio and eca regimen and I think I'll continue to slim down on that for a while and learn everything I can in the meanwhile.

Thanks for the site; you guys on these forums are some extremely humorous people, I've laughed my ass off more than once.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Welcome to the board and that was a great first post.You obviously have your goals set out and have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve and also exhibit some very strong willpower , which is great to see.

You are certainly doing the right thing in dropping you bodyfat first and focusing on training and diet which are the fundamentals of any weight gain or loss success.

You need to listen to your body when it says rest , rest it but I guess you have already found that out.Was it some sort of back injury?Martial Arts can be pretty tough on the joints and the body in general

If you want knowledge hope your ready to collect it all because there are some very good guys on here with advise pouring out of their ears!!

Once again welcome to the board great to have you here and I hope the training /diet goes well

Yes, severe ruptured disk, complete with a month of paralysis, vomiting, bed-pissing, all the good fun. Never before was I so relieved in the surgery recovery room. Very few things I really cannot do anymore-- kicking high at all is a definite extreme NO NO. Also some strange exercises my trainer has had me do are ridiculously hard-- holding a light (10 lb) weight in front of me and making figure 8s. Upright leaning rows. These exercises I simply cannot do with ANY substantial weight, and it's not a weakness issue, it's just something I feel in my spine that ain't right. Hopefully with exercise this will go away. If it doesn't I will juice and exercise and hope it goes away.

Heh, thanks for the comment about willpower. I kind of think that willpower, and a lot of brain related things, are like muscles; you develop them over time. In fact this may be exactly true-- brain studies show that certain areas of the brain do experience growth as you use them. 5 years ago I was a heavy pot smoker, heading nowhere; people can change.

ptbyjason Guest
    I know you are just starting out, but I am very impressed with you so far. You are one of the only people to ever come on this board and post a very good introduction of your history, current status, and goals. It seems like you have your head together and knew the answers to all of the obvious question. Not to mention you have admitted you liked some of the guys jokes. Man, you are making a great first impression. I hope you enjoy your stay on here, and if you have any questions everyone will be more than willing to help, I'm sure.
    BTW, which disk did you rupture, and how?

Lush is offline Associate Member
    Carcosa,

Good to have you on board man- and nice intro.

With the ECA- try a B-multivitamin. Better yet is Stress B-multivitamins. These are B vits with more B12 I think.
    They replace the B's you lose when your adrenal gland is stimulated- like when on ECA.

I find I get sketched-out and have a short fuse when I do too much ECA. The B's get rid of this feeling.

peace bro.

The original jason Guest
    yes welcome i have also had a 2 year back injury and was out for that long luckily i didnt need surgery but i t was painfull enough some days i couldnt even move out of the bed to go for a piss or it weas even hard enough to role on my side so i know what its like i just wanted to say welcome hope to see your progress

peace
    jason

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    The guys said it all carcosa...welcome to the board. You will find not only helpful information here but moral support as well. These guys are like a community of friends...everybody looks out for everybody else. IMO it's the best board out there.

Pete

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    welcome carcosa

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    welcome bro....................enjoy!

peace bb79

Thanks for the welcome, I like this board because you actually talk about the subject matter at hand, namely supplementation and the most important thing, namely lifting.

I had a slow rupture of my l4-l5 lumbar disc. The pain started out bad and became completely outlandishly horrid over the period of a few months. I couldn't lie down AT ALL or stand up; all I could do was sit in an exaggerated slouch with the front edge of the chair pressing on my lower back. Eventually even that wasn't enough so I finally did the smart thing and went to the hospital, where the MRI told me I had a ruptured disc that was pinching my spinal cord, partly paralyzing my left leg, etc etc. Sound tasty? Picture being kicked in the balls, not quite hard enough to make you fall down and writhe but hard enough to make you gag. Now imagine that stretched out over a month. They said when I came to in the recovery room after surgery I opened my eyes, smiled and said "holy shit that feels better."

Blah blah. Anyway, you've all had injuries I'm sure. This one came, as near as I can figure out, from throwing hard thai-style round kicks without proper midriff strength. Don't do that, kids.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome carcosa, Im using ECA to cut my bf% down a little now also. Like lush said Its making me more than a little irritable.

I don't think you have gyno unless you nips are sore or tender. A lot of men including me have that problem. When you bf% goes down they might go away. Also there's Yohimbine Hcl that helps block estrogen related fat. I'm just starting to use this. PM me if you want some info on that. I got some good stuff.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board!

and ur pic is very motivational....................don't work out and thats what happens LOL

Thread Information