latman49 is offline Member

Dr. Evil, Vets, and Mods

I've been reading that Proviron has and extremely high affinity for bonding to SHBG and other plasma binding protiens and can be used throughout a cycle to keep the other AS from binding. I never hear anyone on the board talking about this so I am a little skeptical. Will Proviron really make other AS more effective because of this or is it just another myth? Will it really increase the free testosterone levels ?

bump

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    i don't know about that. i know that proviron has some anabolic properties because it is an anabolic steroids itself (dht derivative). proviron binds slightly to the androgen receptor, but is thought to have anabolic mechanisms outside the AR as well. i'll try to find some documented research about proviron and shbg.

Thanks Doc, let me know if you hear anything. I'll keep looking for some research on this and let you know if I find anything.

proviron has the highest affinity for SHBG compared to anything else.

While I was looking for some info on this, I found some info on a German study that showed stanozolol has a strong tendency to actually reduced the amount of SHBG by up to 50%, increasing free test levels. I still haven't found any documented studies on the Proviron thing yet.

Thanks, that's some good info doc. I have been looking into running Proviron throughout my 1st cycle for its anti-aromatase properties. If it turns out that it can also keep other AS from binding, I figure I should see some really solid gains. If no other info turns up until then(probably in June), I guess I'll try it and see. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Thread Information