Thread: Lump on wrist

lzicc is offline Senior Member

Lump on wrist

The other day, I was doing skulls and noticed a pain in my right wrist on the inside. Didn't think too much. I put a wrap on my wrist and kept going. A few days later I was warming up for bench press and the same pain was there except it was alot more painfull. I took a break for about 15 minutes and put wraps on my wrist. It was still painfull. I pulled the wrap off and there was a big lump there on my wrist. I don't think that it was there before, I think that it just showed up. (Pics are attached)

It looks like a ganglion cyst, but am not sure. I went to the doc and he is sending me to have 2 test done. One is a Ultrasound and the other is an Arterial Doppler. He think that it may be either a cyst or and aneurysm.

Has anyone had a problem like this before? It is not painfull and after awhile, I was able to continue my workout using wrist wraps with just about no pain at all.

A concern of mine is that I have been on a test e/eq cycle for about 10 weeks now.

If is just a cyst, I don't think I have anything to worry about, but if is an aneurysm, I'm not sure what to think.

I am not sure if my cycle would have anything to do with this or not.

Any input?

THX!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lump on wrist-arm1.jpg   Lump on wrist-arm2.jpg  

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Ganglion cyst Bro - get a big old book and smash it - that's the home treatment for it

That is what it looks like. You can feel my pulse through it though. It may be that it is over an artery though.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Bro, it looks like the kind of lump i have on my leg... I am wondering what it is too........... When you touch it is it "squidgy" or hard? My doesnt hurt either.

It is hard. Not rock hard, but hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Bro, it looks like the kind of lump i have on my leg... I am wondering what it is too........... When you touch it is it "squidgy" or hard? My doesnt hurt either.

bigjayo is offline Associate Member
    Its a ganglion, my brother had one taken off in the exact same place. 2 hour surgery, well worth it, those damn things only get nastier and more painful.

garfunkel is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by garfunkel; 05-03-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Farhan is offline Associate Member
    Looks like a sist
    if you go to the doctor, they will tell u to get a big book and smash it
    its just filled with water

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    "get a book and smash it" . LMAO. now that's a man's way to take care of any problem.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan
    Looks like a sist
    if you go to the doctor, they will tell u to get a big book and smash it
    I serioiusly doubt a Dr. would tell u to do that lol Or were u kidding?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    it is going to require surgery. a two week recovery max, not a bad surgery from what i hear

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know what I find out from the doc.

YYZ
    YYZ is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan
    Looks like a sist....
    Dude, do some research before making
    recommendations. Its not filled with water.

Schwarz is offline Member
    My dad has the same thing. I can't remember what it's called but essentially it's when the fluid in your wrist joint begins to escape and accumulates under the skin in a kind of bubble. It's very common among people who do manual work (eg builders etc) and bodybuilders. There's nothing you can do to get rid of it but surgery. Try wearing wrist straps tight around it and get to your doctor to get it sorted as the longer you leave it the bigger it gets and it gets ****ing painful when it gets to a certain size.

Also because the wrist fuid is escaping it means that the wrist is not being lubricated and if your weight lifting that means the wrist bones are grinding against each other which can lead to arthritis in your wrist in later life...

Cheers
    S

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    That doesn't look like a cyst. My friend had one, and it was like a bone poking out.

EDIT- Nevermind that's a bone cyst(something diff.).

bigjayo is offline Associate Member

something to try if you are crazy like me...

Hey bro,

I would like to say, that check with your doc and make sure that's 100% a ganglion but it looks like it is. I had one developing on the top side of my right hand. I did some research and found out one way they treat those instead of surgery is by poping it with a needle. I myself did it, and it's been 2 years and nothing so far. I took a 22gauge needle, stuck it in the cyst(it did not feel that great, didnt hurt but uncomfortable). Its fluid filled, in my case the fluid was jelly like, some people report more of a watery substance. Anyhow, I hit it with a 22gauge needle, sucked out some of the jelly substance(very little, wouldnt go through the needle). I ended up poking the area about 4-5times to make sure it had holes in it then I rubbed my wrist for a good 40minutes to get the remaining fluid out of the sac(aka the cyst), then I heated it up with a heating pad to hopefully get the fluid to reenter my system elsewhere or just leave it compeltely. This only has a 50% success rate as any doctor will tell you. That fluid can come back and knot up once again, but like I said, I didn't have $3000 for the surgery nor the down time so I did what some doctors do, asperate it with a needle. Hope this helps.

The doc did look at it the other day, but wants me to have more test run to make sure. I am going for the test this next Wednesday coming up.

He said if it is a cyst, to let it go. He was concerned about doing surgery cause they could nic an artery while doing it. I didn't understand that, but he is the doc. I also would have thought that you could just suck it out with a needle if that is all it is, but he never mentioned that.

One more concern that I do have. When they do that Arterial Doppler test, my cycle shouldn't interfere, right? I could see if they were doing blood test, but I guess this test checks for blood clots and such. Would being on a cycle effect that? Does this cycle (test & eq ) thin the blood that it would effect the test?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjayo
    Hey bro,

I would like to say, that check with your doc and make sure that's 100% a ganglion but it looks like it is. I had one developing on the top side of my right hand. I did some research and found out one way they treat those instead of surgery is by poping it with a needle. I myself did it, and it's been 2 years and nothing so far. I took a 22gauge needle, stuck it in the cyst(it did not feel that great, didnt hurt but uncomfortable). Its fluid filled, in my case the fluid was jelly like, some people report more of a watery substance. Anyhow, I hit it with a 22gauge needle, sucked out some of the jelly substance(very little, wouldnt go through the needle). I ended up poking the area about 4-5times to make sure it had holes in it then I rubbed my wrist for a good 40minutes to get the remaining fluid out of the sac(aka the cyst), then I heated it up with a heating pad to hopefully get the fluid to reenter my system elsewhere or just leave it compeltely. This only has a 50% success rate as any doctor will tell you. That fluid can come back and knot up once again, but like I said, I didn't have $3000 for the surgery nor the down time so I did what some doctors do, asperate it with a needle. Hope this helps.

Well, I had the test done yesterday and it is a cyst for sure. My artery runs over top of it, that is why you can feel the heartbeat. I am waiting to here back from my doc to see what he wants to do with it. That was good news for me to hear. Wanted to let everyone know.

inevitable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    Ganglion cyst Bro - get a big old book and smash it - that's the home treatment for it
    ahah thats exactly wat i do... i did that about a year ago and now it just came back.. noticed it while lifting so i just smashed it against a weight.... but i wanna see if i can get it removed.

Yeah, I'm ready to smash it myself. I started to use wrist wraps since this happened and where the artery is, the wrist wrap slow down the blood flow to my hand so I have to wrap if pretty loose.

inevitable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    Yeah, I'm ready to smash it myself. I started to use wrist wraps since this happened and where the artery is, the wrist wrap slow down the blood flow to my hand so I have to wrap if pretty loose.
    just do it.. it doesn't hurt at all it feels werid when u first pop it....

Thread Information