Thread: needles

toothpick is offline Junior Member

needles

whats up fellas,

ok what do u guys think...

I know for injecting into the glutes you need like a 1.5" needle with a 3cc case.. but what gauge do you guys use?
    22 0r 23 guage which would be better for test enanthate ?

thanks

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    either one is fine. just heat up the oil and it will come out easier. sometimes you just gotta take whats available, but if you can get 23g 1.5", then get them.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Just remember to have the barrell a couple of cc,s more than the fluid you are injecting so you can aspirate .I,m using 23g 1 1/4" for glutes

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Billy Boy
    Just remember to have the barrell a couple of cc,s more than the fluid you are injecting so you can aspirate.
    A couple of cc's? You should only have to pull back about 1/4 cc for the aspiration. (The idea is simply to check for blood, not to fill the needle with muscle, so to speak . . . )

Anyway, for test (enanthate or cyp) I use a 22 g. 1-1/2" for glutes. However, I draw the solution into the syringe with a 20 g. (you can also use an 18 g., but they're harder to find), then switch the needle to a 22 g. for the shot.

For quads, I use a 23 g. 1" - it goes in slower, but both the gauge and length are more comfortable (you don't need 1-1/2" for a quad shot).

(Also, FWIW, when it comes to glute shots I have someone else do it to me - better angle and more control when two hands are available to aspirate and do the shot. I do my own quad shots.)

No big whoop for the difference in gauge; it just happens that the 22 g. needles I get are 1-1/2" and the 23 g. needles are 1". You can also get 22 g. 1" needles, but the store I use doesn't stock them normally, and it's not worth ordering a whole box of 100.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    I was using 22 G needles and when I ran out, I bought the 23 G instead.

Less pain and less of a puncture. You have to use a little more pressure when injecting, but otherwise, I like the 23 much better.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Yep TNT is right my mistake if I pulled out 2cc my muscle mass would be lost!!LOL

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    22 or 23 1.5" are both fine. 23 is a little less painfull because it is a smaller pin. i buy them otc so i use both depending what my local drug store has in stock.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    the pharmacy i go to usually has almost every size and gauge available. i usually pull with an 18 g and then inject with an 1.5", 22 g pin

Thread Information