canadian_mofo is offline Associate Member

Gear fusing growth plates, what about pros....

Its not good to start the sauce when your younger because it can stunt your growth by fusing your growth plates yes/no?? Well im just wondering about the pros, alot started when they were really young, and yes alot are really short, but... all of them have wide frames. So when gear fuses your growth plates does it stop the person from growing wider say in the shoulder and such, because i dont see any pro's suffering from this. Still disagree with people saucing before they've finished growing, but just kinda curious about this. I saw younger pics of Jay Cutler today pretty much just before he started saucing and didnt seem like his shoulder broadness had fully developed as far as the bone growth is concerned, yet he looks pretty fukin broad in the shoulders today.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well you can continue to pack on muscle which will make you wider.

Yes thats obvious, but its also abouvious that these pros frames (bone structure) has increased since the time that alot of them first started juiceing some being only 15. Not talking height i have no idea how tall they were but their frames has obviously increased in broadness and its not all mucle mass.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I doubt many of them started juice before 18 or so...At least the one's I know the story behind, granted there are a few exceptions. I don't think many of them stunted their growth, it has to do with genetics. Usually, it is easier for the shorter guys to pack on the weight and look huge as opposed to a guy who is 6'2" tall...

Mastiff is offline Member
    Your bones can get bigger and wider after the growth plates have fused, they just can't get longer. You body adapts to the increased muscle mass by strengthening the bones. If you put on 50 pounds of muscle the bones get wider, and the bodies frame expands to accomadate the muscle. If you then lost the muscle the frame would still be wider.

Thanks Mastiff thats what i thought and glad you cleared it up. Figured fused growth plated stunt your growth as in reaching a increased height but couldnt stunt the growth of your frame widening.

P.PUMPER is offline New Member

How???

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    Your bones can get bigger and wider after the growth plates have fused, they just can't get longer. You body adapts to the increased muscle mass by strengthening the bones. If you put on 50 pounds of muscle the bones get wider, and the bodies frame expands to accomadate the muscle. If you then lost the muscle the frame would still be wider.
    How does that work
    so if i did loads of wrist curls, my wrists would get thicker and wider
    i am talking about bone size

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    Edit.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by P.PUMPER View Post
    How does that work
    so if i did loads of wrist curls, my wrists would get thicker and wider
    i am talking about bone size
    Nah, they would get denser as in more solid but not thicker.

There are a lot of pros who believe they can widen their shoulders by stretching. David Henry says he has made his shoulders wider. He uses the DC method.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I do think it can stunt ur growth but it wont always do it. My brother and I both started using aas before we should have, him MUCH more then I but to late now. He started when he was 16 and is to this day hes standing at 5'5 on a good day, i waited till i was 19 and im 5'9. But i have a super short family and he might have just beeen done getting taller cause he wasnt even on the growth chart untill he was like 15 or sumthing like that cause he was so short, or maybe he was just really starting to grow and he fvcked it up. Idk but im 5'9and by far the tallest one in my family and thats not saying much LOL

kwozza is offline Junior Member
    Also it is good to note that aas are believed to fuse growth plates but no solid evidence actually exists.

Quote Originally Posted by kwozza View Post
    Also it is good to note that aas are believed to fuse growth plates but no solid evidence actually exists.
    It's the aromatisation of test to estrogen that causes ephyseal fusion and there's a ton of clinical evidence to prove it.

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    It's the aromatisation of test to estrogen that causes ephyseal fusion and there's a ton of clinical evidence to prove it.
    so say someone was to start running gear at the age of 16 as mentioned above, there growth would not be stunted if they ran letro on cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    so say someone was to start running gear at the age of 16 as mentioned above, there growth would not be stunted if they ran letro on cycle?
    I'm no medical scientist, but to answer the hypothetical Q, i certainly wouldn't advise it.

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    I'm no medical scientist, but to answer the hypothetical Q, i certainly wouldn't advise it.
    i agree 100%
    should not of asked though, dont want to give anyone ideas......

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    Growth would still be stunted if letro was run, because letro is not a suicidal aromatase inhibitor. Once letro use is discontinued, you can get an estrogen rebound effect.

However, if one was to run a cycle at the age of 15/16 and all they used were DHT-based steroids (one of their properties being they do not aromatize to estrogen), then that person's growth plates would concievably not get fused. Estrogen is the culprit in growth plates fusing.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    I doubt many of them started juice before 18 or so...At least the one's I know the story behind, granted there are a few exceptions. I don't think many of them stunted their growth, it has to do with genetics. Usually, it is easier for the shorter guys to pack on the weight and look huge as opposed to a guy who is 6'2" tall...
    You mean there are benefits to being short??? 5' 8"

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Nice old bump guys

P.PUMPER is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Nah, they would get denser as in more solid but not thicker.

There are a lot of pros who believe they can widen their shoulders by stretching. David Henry says he has made his shoulders wider. He uses the DC method.
    What can make them thicker in terms of visual evidence???

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by P.PUMPER View Post
    What can make them thicker in terms of visual evidence???
    I hear bumping old threads makes them even smaller...

Thread Information