Ray
    Ray is offline Junior Member

Drug Testing for Golden Gloves?

Does anybody know if the Golden Gloves tournament tests for steroids ? If so, is it random? or only for boxers who perform outstanding?

CatGrabber is offline Member
    As a boxer i can tell you for sure they do not test for steroids . Only in the high ranking pros do they bother. Hell...we dont even get paid so there not gonna waste their money on it ....for sure not in the amatures...BUT the olimpic box off is another story. A whole new commitee comes in.

Ray
    Cat,
    Thanks. Thats all i need to know

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I went to the junior olympics and the nationals and none of us were ever tested..

Gear101 is offline Member
    if you're still worried go to there web site they should have a list of restreded drugs

Ray
    Thanks guys. My brother has entered golden gloves and his first fight is May 3rd. He is in a cycle of fina/winny/prop and doesnt care about the weight gain cause he was going to have to fight heavyweight anyway. He started at 189 pounds and benched 375 and squatted 750 and four weeks in he is now 200 and benches 315 for 13 and squats 635 for 9, which his new max is about 800. He has great results right now and will be on the cycle through golden gloves. He is pumped and so am i, especially cause im going on the exact same cycle come May 14th. Wish him luck!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i know a guy

two time golden gloves champ in nj, won't say his name since it's not cool to give info wo/ him knowing, but we just had a big gear chat last week so i can say definitely no testing for gear

Thread Information