View Poll Results: I used proper injection techniques...

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • and have never got an abscess.

54 88.52%
  • but still got an abscess.

7 11.48%
    Schwarz is offline Member

Frequency of abscesses

Was just wondering how often abscesses occur in people who practice a proper injection technique i.e use clean needles, aspirate , use alcohol swabs, wash your hands etc?

A friend of mine is absolutely anal about his injection technique but he still got one using dirty gear from an UGL.

So if you've used proper techniques all the time and still got an abscess what did you inject and what UGL did it come from? How did you treat it? Did you use any specific antibiotics?

Cheers
    S

Just for clarity I must point out that he didnt know the gear was dirty and only had it checked once he got the abscess and it came back with quite a bit of bacteria in it....

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    i have never had an abcess as of yet and i have also never aspirated

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I like to filter all UG or vet gear, or anything from a dubious source.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    I like to filter all UG or vet gear, or anything from a dubious source.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-
    How do you "filter" gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz
    How do you "filter" gear?
    Well, the popular method involves running it through a filter.

Draw up some gear. Remove the drawing needle and attach a whatman and a 21ga pin for filling. Stick the filling pin in a sterile vial. Stick another pin, any size, in through the stopper to act as a vent. Push the plunger, which pushes the gear through the filter and the filling pin and into the vial. Remove the syringe from the filter and leave the filter and filling pin in the new vial. Re-attach the drawing pin and draw up more gear. Like the old baptist sex manual goes... repeat as necessary.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    -The Baron-

Just wondering if anyone has ever had the experience of dirty gear from ****** ** *** juice?

S

... is very reputable. I doubt there will be many horror stories about their gear. I would still filter, just on principle. You never know when you are getting a fake, capitalizing on the... brand.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    -The Baron-
    Last edited by Booz; 05-29-2006 at 08:52 AM.

Xprime is offline Banned
    bump

TheSentinal is offline Member
    I am working with Oasis - good, clean gear. Use good injection procedures and you should never have infection problems. This site has great information on this. Follow it and you will be fine.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Never had an abscess...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSentinal
    I am working with Oasis - good, clean gear. Use good injection procedures and you should never have infection problems. This site has great information on this. Follow it and you will be fine.
    When it is legit, licensed, legal, prescribed, I don't call it "gear". I call it prescribed medication.

Oasis is probably the best of the rejuve clinics. I use them exclusively. I noticed, with my last order, that they had changed pharmacies. Packaging has improved considerably. Before, the vials were in boxes with the prescription info on the boxes, and a reference number on the vial. Now each vial is in it's own plastic prescription bottle, with each bottle labeled with the scrip info. Flip-tops are used on the vials. So two minor cleanliness issues have been addressed, for those super-anal about that sort of thing. And as a repeat customer I get a pretty good deal from them. I have seen street prices lately that were nearly as high as I pay for doctor prescribed meds from a licensed pharmacy.

Certainly, there is a higher level of confidence in the purity and quality of pharmacy compounded meds than from street gear. As I have said before, I never trust UG or imported or vet gear... I always filter. MY reason for using a clinic is to avoid legal and professional problems.

--
    "Ignoring reality is the next best thing to changing it" -Chef-

The Baron

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Never had an abscess...
    Me neither, and I do long cycles with daily injections. I guess practice makes perfect.

BE CLEAN. Wash your hands. Wipe the vial top. NEVER touch the pin. ALWAYS change the drawing pin for a shooting pin. Clean injection site well. Be sure you go deep enough. (probably the biggest cause of problems is not getting it deep in the muscle) I use three alcohol wipes per shot: one for the vial top(s), one to clean the site, and one to stop any bleeding. Nothing is re-used, ever. Pins are super cheap when you buy them 300 at a time, like I do. Don't be stupid, people. Watch the guys who have injected themselves for years and years with no problem... they will generally be very diligent in maintaining good clean injection technique.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    -The Baron-

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i have given my self more injects that u kan possibly fathom and ... never had a SINGLE ISSUE or INFECTION!

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    i never aspirate neither

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpd4lif
    i never aspirate neither

well consider yourself lucky..... I wld love to see if that practice wld change after injecting tren into a vein....? more likely u wld never inject again.....

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Never had one. I'm always excessively sanitary when preparing my shots.

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    [QUOTE=Schwarz]Was just wondering how often abscesses occur in people who practice a proper injection technique i.e use clean needles, aspirate , use alcohol swabs, wash your hands etc?

A friend of mine is absolutely anal about his injection technique but he still got one using dirty gear from an UGL.

So if you've used proper techniques all the time and still got an abscess what did you inject and what UGL did it come from? How did you treat it? Did you use any specific antibiotics?

Thank GOD I have never had one.

As far as pepole's ex with abscesses that they got from ugl gear they can't post the name of any ugl.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    When it is legit, licensed, legal, prescribed, I don't call it "gear". I call it prescribed medication.

Oasis is probably the best of the rejuve clinics. I use them exclusively. I noticed, with my last order, that they had changed pharmacies. Packaging has improved considerably. Before, the vials were in boxes with the prescription info on the boxes, and a reference number on the vial. Now each vial is in it's own plastic prescription bottle, with each bottle labeled with the scrip info. Flip-tops are used on the vials. So two minor cleanliness issues have been addressed, for those super-anal about that sort of thing. And as a repeat customer I get a pretty good deal from them. I have seen street prices lately that were nearly as high as I pay for doctor prescribed meds from a licensed pharmacy.

Certainly, there is a higher level of confidence in the purity and quality of pharmacy compounded meds than from street gear. As I have said before, I never trust UG or imported or vet gear... I always filter. MY reason for using a clinic is to avoid legal and professional problems.

--
    "Ignoring reality is the next best thing to changing it" -Chef-

The Baron

Regardless of terminology, I would suspect that most readers would understand that medication bought through Oasis is just that. Your comment would have been more effective if you had stated not to refer to prescribed medication as "gear" because of the implications of "unintended use".

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbeast007
    i have never had an abcess as of yet and i have also never aspirated

thats just stupid....wait till you hit a vein

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpd4lif
    i never aspirate neither

you too are stupid for not aspirating my friend...how f'n hard is it to pull back on the f'n plunger...

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i have given my self more injects that u kan possibly fathom and ... never had a SINGLE ISSUE or INFECTION!
    oh and i would like to add... that.
    i ALWAYS ASPIRATE . always use a needle LONG enough to get it into the muscle. i never use alcohol on the vial or on the skin prior to injection.. the sterility IMO is pointless
    i always make sure my hands have 0 poop on them too.. THATS AN IMPORTANT PART!

Xprime is offline Banned
    i never use alcohol on the vial or on the skin prior to injection..
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Xprime
    Why not?
    BA is effective to me for keeping it sterile

The reason for the alcohol wipe is not just all about germs and sterility. The real reason is that it is a terriffic cleaning agent and quickly evaporates, leaving no residue. Old oil can hold germs. The BA evaporates but the oil remains, and attracts dirt to your vial stopper. The skin is full of nasty stuff. You don't want to push dirt and old flakes of skin and stuff into the injection. Isopropyl alcohol is not the most effective sterilizing agent... certainly not in the league of BA, but it cleans skin and vial stoppers like nobody's business. So use the wipes. You may never be glad you do, but it would suck to be sad that you didn't, if you know what I mean. And hey, they are cheap as hell.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    -The Baron-

The reason for the alcohol wipe is not just all about germs and sterility. The real reason is that it is a terriffic cleaning agent and quickly evaporates, leaving no residue. Old oil can hold germs. The BA evaporates but the oil remains, and attracts dirt to your vial stopper. The skin is full of nasty stuff. You don't want to push dirt and old flakes of skin and stuff into the injection. Isopropyl alcohol is not the most effective sterilizing agent... certainly not in the league of BA, but it cleans skin and vial stoppers like nobody's business. So use the wipes. You may never be glad you do, but it would suck to be sad that you didn't, if you know what I mean. And hey, they are cheap as hell.

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    -The Baron-
    i forgot to mention i use a multi draw vial topper

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    oh and i would like to add... that.
    i ALWAYS ASPIRATE . always use a needle LONG enough to get it into the muscle. i never use alcohol on the vial or on the skin prior to injection.. the sterility IMO is pointless
    i always make sure my hands have 0 poop on them too.. THATS AN IMPORTANT PART!
    Yeah I think 0 Poop is a good thing.....lol

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I always wash hands, aspirate , alcohol wipe injection site before and after, alcohol wipe vial, and use a new needle everytime. Never reuse syringe or needle.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    No challenges.

yom
    yom is offline Associate Member
    never got abscess . prob as im also on antibiotics . ive used gear with bacteria forming in the bottom , dirty shots , never abscess

Thread Information