TIM
    TIM is offline Associate Member

Is epherdrine illegal in usa (vagas) going on my honeymoon !

I am from the uk and would like to take a few epherdrine across to keep my weight down is the stuff illegal in the US ? (las vagas) please help !

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Ephedra for the UK honeymooner

No, it's a banned substance not an illegal one.
    The difference being former cannot be sold, whereas the latter cannot be sold, bought or possessed without perscription.
    Enjoy your stack, and keep your mgs moderate (100-200), wouldn't want you to overheat (get your heart rate up too high for the happy ending on that honeymoon).
    Best wishes.

TIM
    thanks a lot ! cheers !

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    No, it's a banned substance not an illegal one.
    The difference being former cannot be sold, whereas the latter cannot be sold, bought or possessed without perscription.
    Enjoy your stack, and keep your mgs moderate (100-200), wouldn't want you to overheat (get your heart rate up too high for the happy ending on that honeymoon).
    Best wishes.
    i dont know if u have heard but the supreme court ruled against the fda. they said the fda couldnt prove that it was bad for ur heart. it is supposed to be put back on the market at lower dosages but who knows when.

schico28 is offline Junior Member
    Actually i'm from Texas and in all my local stores like GNC, vitamin world, and other localy own stores they have big signs outside the store saying "Ephedra is Back"

TIM
    looks like i will be ok then !

Your okay Tim, bring it with you and you'll be fine.

As for the ruling. That was only at the state supreme court level, don't quote me but I believe Utah Edmen. Check in the store Schico maybe it was Texas. E

phedra - Ephedrine: what difference?The FDA banned ephedra, the herb. Ephedrine, the isolated active substance, seems to be the culprit in many of the adverse reactions that are associated with "ephedra"-containing slimming or energizing products, specially if it is combined with caffeine. The FDA knew of the dangers of this combination and had issued rules to prohibit such products. Nevertheless, Ephedrine is quite freely available at any 7-Eleven and similar stores in scant doses for asthma treatment.

But it's on the way thanks to centuries of Chinese use with little to no problems. Of course we have abuse in the US, so there went the gravy train, plus users don't realize you need to taper up to a full serving (334mg) not start there. For example Ripped fuel divided a serving into two caps, Diet Fuel 3 caps due to the appetite suppressant, and my favorite Thermbuetrol just one cap. Then there's the pre-existing heart trouble group.

But take heart...The big companies continue to fight it.

Your okay Tim, bring it with you and you'll be fine.

As for the ruling. That was only at the state supreme court level (not national), don't quote me Edmen but I believe it was Utah. Check in the store Schico maybe it was Texas, see what they have.

Ephedra - Ephedrine: what difference?

The FDA banned ephedra, the herb. Ephedrine, the isolated active substance, seems to be the culprit in many of the adverse reactions that are associated with "ephedra"-containing slimming or energizing products, specially if it is combined with caffeine and aspirin (ECA stack). The FDA knew of the dangers of this combination and had issued rules to prohibit such products. Nevertheless, Ephedrine is quite freely available at any 7-Eleven and similar stores in scant doses for asthma treatment.

But it's on the way thanks to centuries of Chinese use with little to no problems. Of course we have abuse in the US, so there went the gravy train, plus users don't realize you need to taper up to a full serving (334mg) not start there. For example Ripped fuel divided a serving into two caps, Diet Fuel 3 caps due to the appetite suppressant, Hydroxy divided it into 4 caps, and my favorite Thermbuterol, just one cap. Then there's the pre-existing heart trouble group.

But take heart (pun intended)...The big companies continue to fight it with plenty of evidence.

TIM
    this ephedrine is not out of the shops its not mixed with anything
    for example you can get a stuff called hydroxycut in health stores over here and its capsules with a mix of ingredents and ephedrine extract.
    the tablets i have got are tiny little pills and i get them for £40 for 1000 I know there sooo cheap ! dont know what there called as the label is always removed ?
    but there pure ephedrine. Is that still ok to bring over ?
    only bringing about 50 if that (my gf likes them too sorry wife ! keep doing that)

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    it is not banned anymore ,not here in vegas anyway..i live here in Vegas and they sell it at just about every local health nut/vitamin shop...
    They lifted the ban recently..

~DV~

Hey DV you can go into GNC and buy Ephedra products? Then maybe it's spreading or your state was the overturned one. All I remember is that the state didn't border mine (IL).

Let's just say the Feds won't be busting in taking your Ephedra.

taylor26 is offline Member
    http://www.ephedrine-ephedra.com/pag...rine_1234.html

In the United States, ephedra and ephedrine are sold in health food stores under a variety of brand names. Ephedrine is widely used for weight loss, as an energy booster, and to enhance athletic performance. These products often contain other stimulants, such as caffeine, which may have synergistic effects and increase the potential for adverse effects. Ephedra is often touted as the "herbal fen-phen."
    ....so i'm thinken no it's not illegal.

Look man, at the first of the year 2004 the United States of America banned the sale of the hebal stimulant Ephedra (herbal name: Ma Huang). See sites below. Don't know how you missed it or the influx of Ephedra-Free products.

CNN.com - Government announces ban on ephedra - Dec. 31, 2003
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/12/30/ephedra/

CBS News | Ephedra Ban Puts Market On Notice | December 31, 2003 18:40:01
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in563800.shtml

CNN.com - Ephedra ban puts supplement industry on notice - Dec. 31, 2003
    www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/12/31/ephedra.next.ap

-------------
    NOW FAST FORWARD TO THE PRESENT...As far as I know only Utah has lifted it...

Ephedra Ban Lifted by U.S. District Judge. FDA says it's evaluating the ruling before deciding whether to appeal ... The government's decision to ban ephedra came late in 2003 ...

"Why the Court Un-Banned Ephedra"
    Recently a federal judge in Salt Lake City ended the US Food and Drug Administration's ban on ephedra...
    DETAILS: http://heartdisease.about.com/od/pal.../a/ephedra.htm

TIM
    well i am convinced now so i will be taking it ! thanks for all the help ! time for me to get a few hours sleep before i drive 2 hours in at 2am in the morning to airport ! I think i will take aan eph to make sure i dont fall asleep driving ! lol

Thread Information