magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Is one better: Cytomel (T3) taper up/down or start/end abruptly?

I've cycled Cytomel and Clen (separately) once before the tapered way, and fuylly understand my tolerances and administration intervals.

Can or should Cytomel be tapered prior and/or after peaking to support a gradual thyroid support, or is it okay to jump in and end abruptly? I've seen both cycles and was wondering what the consensus is.
    Thank you.

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    From what I have read it is not necessary to taper.
    This is how I ran mine and had a blood test that came out ok 5 weeks after stopping the T3. I haven't gained any weight back or felt any different. Thyroid problems run in my family so I wanted to make sure I'm back up to speed. Here's the numbers from my blood test.

Dates t3 was taken started with 60mcg (three squirts of AR-R t3) in the morning then increased it to 60 mcg in the am 60 mcg in the pm
    May 1 - June 3
    results: 10 lbs or so.
    Diet very good
    Exercise moderate.

blood test taken 7-8-05

anti thyroid antibodies (
    Peroxidase <10 acceptable = 0 to 34
    Antithyroglobulin < 20 acceptable= 0 to 40

t4 direct 1.21 acceptable = .61 to 1.76
    TSH 4.533 acceptable = .350 to 5.500 endo said this is a little high but acceptable

Given a clean bill of thyroid health.

Hope this helps in making your decision.
    I would still listen to other people's advice and see how they ran it. Everyone's different and reacts differently
    Last edited by elcapitan; 08-15-2005 at 01:48 PM.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Thanks for your assist.

Was my thread caption okay?
    You're the only reply with 2 views.

Some guy wrote "Clen doseage?" 4 threads later and got 43 views and 5 replies.

Any reccomendations on how to pursue this, I'd really like to hear from others?

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    I'm suprised there wasn't a whole bunch of people on this. I think both are really interesting chemicals. Clen gives me the shakes too bad so i can't use it but T3 was great.

good luck with that.
    One more thing is look up some thyroid PCT I used vitamin shoppe's thyroid formula but anything with kelp(iodine) should work. some people suggest guggulesterones with the iodine but I haven't tried it.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    if you do a search, you'll find tons of info on this...i personally have posted a few studies showing subjects who used t3 for over 2 years, no taper up or down, had normal levels within weeks of cessation...some people originally approached it's use cautiously, which is smart, however, there's no evidence to suggest that there's a need for a taper, or that prolonged use will "shut down" or adversely effect natural levels...if anyone has any hardcore evidence to refute this, please post...peace

AM

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Blown_SC is very knowledeable in this area, along with not gettin any women

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    At lower dosages, no tapering is fine (up or down) IMO. I have like my results from not tapering, while on 50mcg... I didn't notice any side effects from doing it either. Once you reach the higher dosages (above 50mcg) I'd recommend you taper up a bit. Tapering down is often suggested if the dose is high as well, just don't drag it out like alot of people like to do. There is no point, as it only prolongs the time til your thyroid can begin recovery. Hope that helps. Either way, grab some t-100x for thyroid PCT.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Blown_SC is very knowledeable in this area, along with not gettin any women
    Vette you son of a bitch!

Thread Information