Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur

Are My Goals Practical? What Are Your Thoughts?

I had to post this in the Steroid forum, because I was not getting any replies in the competative bb q&a forum... so, I'll add some steroid talk in here as well.

Currently, I am starting to bulk and have set some goals for myself, mainly starting in mid September. I have been searching for bb contests down south for sometime in October 2006 and would really like to shape up for one. Not looking to place top 10, just want to have the feeling of competition. Currently I am 5'11, 196lbs, 8%bf. My goal is to bulk to 215lbs by mid to late year, and cut for the summer until approx. October. I would like to weigh in around 195lbs, 4-5%bf. From an experienced standpoint, are these goal attainable with dedication and hard work.. and, do I fall into a weight class that can compete? Just a few thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

In Oct, I plan on running:
    weeks 4-14 Tren 560mg/week
    weeks 1-10 Test E 800mg/week
    weeks 10-14Test prop 800mg/week
    weeks 8-14 Win 350mg/week last 6 weeks
    HCG , clom, letro,

Spring/Summer- Undecided

bizzump...

jesse_james is offline Member
    Youre goals are definately acheivable and im sure if you work hard you will acheive them. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_james
    Youre goals are definately acheivable and im sure if you work hard you will acheive them. JMO
    cool... thanks jj. lookin to train pretty intense this year.. let's hope for the best.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    I had to post this in the Steroid forum, because I was not getting any replies in the competative bb q&a forum... so, I'll add some steroid talk in here as well.

Currently, I am starting to bulk and have set some goals for myself, mainly starting in mid September. I have been searching for bb contests down south for sometime in October 2006 and would really like to shape up for one. Not looking to place top 10, just want to have the feeling of competition. Currently I am 5'11, 196lbs, 8%bf. My goal is to bulk to 215lbs by mid to late year, and cut for the summer until approx. October. I would like to weigh in around 195lbs, 4-5%bf. From an experienced standpoint, are these goal attainable with dedication and hard work.. and, do I fall into a weight class that can compete? Just a few thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

HCG , clom, letro,

Spring/Summer- Undecided
    if your now 196 @ 8%bf and your goal is to be 195 @ 4-5%bf..theres not gonna be a drastic change.if your bf is already in single digits,i would do a clean/bulk diet and try and come in around 205/207 @ 5%bf...now thats doable

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Your goals are definitely achievable, justin. At that weight you would fall into the light heavy class. In my experience, the midweight class is usally the most difficult (even though I won the Teen overall and the mens Mid weight at the So. Fla, w all unanimous votes) I think that if you bust your ass, and do your thing to the T, nothing should get in your way.
    Btw, the week before and contest day are HELL, w/ the water and calorie deficits, but this is usually forgotten, when you hit the stage.
    Bro, "you can dooo eet"!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    if your now 196 @ 8%bf and your goal is to be 195 @ 4-5%bf..theres not gonna be a drastic change.if your bf is already in single digits,i would do a clean/bulk diet and try and come in around 205/207 @ 5%bf...now thats doable
    well, that would be great! I have been around 200-205 @7-8%... but still felt slightly bloated. I really would like to hit 200-205 around that percentage, and my diet is a lean bulk. Is this weight catagory worth competing in at my height?

IronFreakX is offline Banned

Thumbs up

HCG , clom, letro,

Spring/Summer- Undecided
    I think you will do it
    Best of luck justin

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Your goals are definitely achievable, justin. At that weight you would fall into the light heavy class. In my experience, the midweight class is usally the most difficult (even though I won the Teen overall and the mens Mid weight at the So. Fla, w all unanimous votes) I think that if you bust your ass, and do your thing to the T, nothing should get in your way.
    Btw, the week before and contest day are HELL, w/ the water and calorie deficits, but this is usually forgotten, when you hit the stage.
    Bro, "you can dooo eet"!!
    keyser, thanks bro... that is exactly what I was looking to hear. I just wasn't sure at my height and weight goals, that competing would be practical... but, I'm gonna doooo eeeeat anyway! And, yes, I know what you are talking about with the final week of contest prep. I have tried this before, and it was absolutely hell!!! but gaining 10-20lbs within 2-3 days at the end of it is fun as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I think you will do it
    Best of luck justin
    thanks chico! all this chattin is gettin me pumped! I wanna go to the gym NOW!

8-MAN is offline Associate Member

HCG , clom, letro,

Spring/Summer- Undecided
    Shit yeah you could obtain those goals. Those goals might even be a bit too easy for a years worth of work. I bet you could compete at 210 if you wanted to. You got this easy. Let us know how it all goes.

Quote Originally Posted by 8-MAN
    Shit yeah you could obtain those goals. Those goals might even be a bit too easy for a years worth of work. I bet you could compete at 210 if you wanted to. You got this easy. Let us know how it all goes.
    thanks 8-man... will do.. I have started a log with my clean bulking diet.. but just waiting for the right time to start it. I am far from ready this month with work and all, but Sept, Oct is looking guud!

but gaining 10-20lbs within 2-3 days at the end of it is fun as hell!
    Hehehe, I gained about 9 pounds the night of the show. The next day I hit So Beach and EVERYBODY was breakin neck.. Also, be careful w the binge eating afterward, my adrenals got swollen from eating all the sodium and fat, that gave me bad pains for a few days.
    I think you should go in light heavy. The reason is b/c, if you are at 199lbs (just below the cut off for the light heavy), you will be one of the biggest light heavies there and after the prejudging weigh in, you can carb up another 5-7 lbs and be 205ish for the night show. This is what you want. Putting on those extra lbs, will seperate you from the other 190 pounders.
    So , it comes down to being one of the biggest light heavyweights, or on the smaller end of the heavyweights.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Hehehe, I gained about 9 pounds the night of the show. The next day I hit So Beach and EVERYBODY was breakin neck.. Also, be careful w the binge eating afterward, my adrenals got swollen from eating all the sodium and fat, that gave me bad pains for a few days.
    I think you should go in light heavy. The reason is b/c, if you are at 199lbs (just below the cut off for the light heavy), you will be one of the biggest light heavies there and after the prejudging weigh in, you can carb up another 5-7 lbs and be 205ish for the night show. This is what you want. Putting on those extra lbs, will seperate you from the other 190 pounders.
    So , it comes down to being one of the biggest light heavyweights, or on the smaller end of the heavyweights.
    Awesome!!! I was thinking the same thing... being in a lighter weight catagory, and being one of the larger guys.... thanks for your feedback, I may need some guidance throughout the year, so, stay tuned!!

Anything I can do to help, bruva^^^^^^^^^^^^^Let me know........

Thread Information