Thread: some one smart

block is offline Associate Member

some one smart

need some general info.
    ANDROGENIC - this affects the prostate(spelling)masculinize hair penis ect
    ANABOLIC - affects the muscles makes them grow.

so what is the benifit of a more ANDROGENIC steriod over a ANABOLIC steriod and then the benifit of a steriod that is more ANABOLIC then ANDROGENIC.

like deca and test
    deca is more ANABOLIC and less ANDROGENIC so it build muscle more then it affects the prostate.
    test is ANDROGENIC but also ANABOLIC but not as ANABOLIC as deca so should'ent deca be more affective at building muscle or does the ANDROGENIC side of steriods help some how.

so I want know how steriods work in the body
    I know that we what the ANABOLIC affect of steriods because it make us grow muscle so why do we want the ANDROGENIC side of steriods or do we. what does the ANDROGENIC part of steriods do. does it help us grow in any way or help us keep muscle in any way.
    Last edited by block; 04-29-2002 at 02:05 AM.

latman49 is offline Member
    Androgenic is an adjective that describes a substance that is responsible for the development of secondary sex characteristics. Androgens are produced in the adrenal cortex and the testes. I don't know about the whole prostate thing.

The more androgenic the steroid , the worse the side effects are likely to be.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    bump wanna hear more of this discussion.

bump

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Interesting.....

BUMP!

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    latman summarized it well. Androgenic steroids do affect the prostate. Read more in Methuselah's post in this thread. (The seach button does wonders. Hint, hint!)

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...t=DHT+prostate

that does not help me

you need to read my question again.

Redneck is offline Junior Member
    Great question and that really did'nt answer it at all, but it was a good read

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Sorry Block, you're right, I just glanced over the post and got the point wrong. Not meant as a flame bro', but the punctuation & funky capitalization makes it hard to read...

no problem

bump

TOM2502002 is offline Junior Member
    Block has a real good question. Wish i could give an answer. I was thinking the same thing.

Come on guys someone has to be able to solve this...???

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    let me see if i can shed some light here...androgenic properties are things such as acne, facial hair growth, infertility etc..the side effects
    anabolic properties are muscle growth, muscle recovery etc..

The more anabolic a steroid is...the more androgenic its going to be..such as test..
    However a steroid can be androgenic without being anabolic..such as something like proviron which can serve as an anti-estrogen, it does not build muscles, but it does have androgenic properties makin it possible for acne and so forth..

this is what got me thinking how androgenic part of steriods come into play. with gaining weight. so the androgenic plays a role but how?

Winstrol Depot is usually not used as the only steroid during dieting since, based on its low androgenic component, it does not reliably protect the athlete from losing muscle tissue. The missing, pronounced androgenic effect is often balanced by a combined in-take with Parabolan .

bump

bump again for some more answers....where are the Mods and Vets on this one ????

jbrand is offline Member

Re: some one smart

Originally posted by block
    need some general info.
    ANDROGENIC - this affects the prostate(spelling)masculinize hair penis ect
    ANABOLIC - affects the muscles makes them grow.

so what is the benifit of a more ANDROGENIC steriod over a ANABOLIC steriod and then the benifit of a steriod that is more ANABOLIC then ANDROGENIC.

like deca and test
    deca is more ANABOLIC and less ANDROGENIC so it build muscle more then it affects the prostate.
    test is ANDROGENIC but also ANABOLIC but not as ANABOLIC as deca so should'ent deca be more affective at building muscle or does the ANDROGENIC side of steriods help some how.
    It's hard to say because there is no direct correlation between the androgenic nature of a steroid with it's effects on protein synthesis.

Every steroid has an androgenic/anabolic ratio (or index). The most potent steroids (ie: mibolerone ) have shown to be both highly androgenic and highly anabolic, whereas you can look at a steroid such as halotestin which is clearly highly androgenic while of low anabolic properties (people tend to not gain much off it). While there is no simple answer here, a cycle of androgens would surpass the gains of a cycle of anabolics. although this holds true, it is in the users best interest to try and balance the ratio in getting the most beneficial impact from the AAS utilized.

Re: Re: some one smart

Originally posted by jbrand

It's hard to say because there is no direct correlation between the androgenic nature of a steroid with it's effects on protein synthesis.

Every steroid has an androgenic/anabolic ratio (or index). The most potent steroids (ie: mibolerone) have shown to be both highly androgenic and highly anabolic, whereas you can look at a steroid such as halotestin which is clearly highly androgenic while of low anabolic properties (people tend to not gain much off it). While there is no simple answer here, a cycle of androgens would surpass the gains of a cycle of anabolics. although this holds true, it is in the users best interest to try and balance the ratio in getting the most beneficial impact from the AAS utilized.
    Great answer bro...I don't know much but this is the best answer so far.....

I think

you said that halo is mostly androgenic so then why do people get stronger off of it and why does it make you more aggresive it is off low anabolic so it is not making you grow but it is doing something and its high androgenic compounts are the ones that are affecting you so there has to be a link between the two or halo would not work at all.

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by block
    you said that halo is mostly androgenic so then why do people get stronger off of it and why does it make you more aggresive it is off low anabolic so it is not making you grow but it is doing something and its high androgenic compounts are the ones that are affecting you so there has to be a link between the two or halo would not work at all.
    this is a very good point, it seems the higher androgenic steroids have the greatest impact on strength. i really could not help you as far as the mechanism behind this, it seems it's pure speculation as I can't find any research supporting it.

bump

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmppppppppppp pppp

bigwillie78 is offline Junior Member
    bump

bump for dr.evil

ripped_82 is offline Member
    What a post! No one really knows the answer. But i bet you everyone is doing research right now trying to find the answer. I personaly have no idea.

another bump for a Mod or VET....come on folks help us out !

bump

Has anyone shot this to a VET or MOD via a PM to try and get them to answer ?

I gave it to dr.evil but the thred did not show so could you send it to him. and also tnt.

I'll see what I can do Block.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Anabolic versus Androgenic...

First, I think we should ban the word bump - c'mon, guys, I've just done a find, and it was used 11 times thus far in this thread.

Now, a brief comment. (By the way, you're right, guys: I didn't see this thread - it's a matter of sheer volume.)

Anyway, it's all a matter of goals and objectives. This is why I stress this when people ask about a potential cycle, and why the goals-and-objectives factor is so important a part of the big picture.

Some people are seeking androgenic effects, and others are looking for anabolic effects. (Remember that my special interest leans toward the medical use of anabolic steroids .) Likewise, some people start out seeking the androgenic effects (by implementing the use of steroids under the umbrella of HRT, or hormone replacement therapy, whether it is due to delayed puberty or hypogonadism/andropause , depending on age), then realize that since they are using something that has both androgenic and anabolic properties (such as test), they may as well get some anabolic benefit as well as androgenic benefit.

The other factor about goals and objectives is whether you want to cut or bulk - in other words, to lose or to gain. Guys in their late teens and 20's generally want to gain pounds, while guys in their 30's, 40's, and above generally want to lose pounds. Sometimes that statistic is reversed, and it's a matter of coming up with an AS routine that will allow both cuting (fat) and bulking (muscle) - hence the increased interest we're seeing on some drugs (like HGH and, again, test) that will help reverse the body fat-to-lean muscle mass ratio. It's important to realize, however, that cutting and bulking are not always best accomplished together - sometimes it's more important to cut (through diet and exercise), then bulk through a controlled cycle.

I think it's also important to realize that it is a misconception to say that test or any other AS will affect the prostate; it's more accurate to say that it can or may affect the prostate. Or the liver, or the kidneys, etc. We err on the side of safety and caution - or at least we should do so - through lab testing and our own personal research, knowing that whatever type of cycle (if any) we decide to do, we should be making informed decisions. I've never had elevated PSA/kidney/liver readings from AS, but I still do the lab work to make sure it doesn't happen. Because if something happens 1% of 1% of the time and it happens to you, then to you the incidence rate has become 100%.

So what is the benefit of one over the other (androgenic versus anabolic)? It's so simple that it doesn't need to become complicated: It depends on your goals and objectives.

when then do you want to use the androgenic side of for and what is there part in gaining muscle and strenth.

does the androgenic side of roids just make you stronger or what. in either cutting or bulking what role does it play.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    the androgenic side can increase neuromuscular connections, leading to greater strength output. the more a muscle can lift the more it is likely to grow. androgenic and anabolic effects can be very synergistic to create a more overall anabolic end result.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Great quote!

Originally posted by Dr.Evil
    androgenic and anabolic effects can be very synergistic to create a more overall anabolic end result.
    This is what I mean when talking about the need to see "the big picture" with regard to developing your individual cycle. Just as there is a synergy to anabolics and androgenics, there is a synergy between workout routine, diet, and the use of AS that we integrate to reach our goals - whatever they are.

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    Its pretty self-explanitory. Androgens cause secondary sex characteristics AND also help build muscle and strength (to a lesser degree of anabolics). Therefore you want some degree of androgen in your drug, but NOT TOO MUCH or you may get unwanted side effects...

anŽdro-jen) any steroid hormone that promotes male characteristics. The two main androgens are androsterone and testosterone . adj., androgenŽic.
    The androgenic hormones are internal endocrine secretions circulating in the bloodstream and manufactured mainly by the testes under stimulation from the "pituitary gland" PITUITARY GLAND. To a lesser extent, androgens are produced by the adrenal glands in both sexes, as well as by the ovaries in women. Thus women normally have a small percentage of male hormones, in the same way that men's bodies contain some female sex hormones, the estrogens.
    The androgens are responsible for the secondary sex characteristics, such as the beard and the deepening of the voice at puberty. They also stimulate the growth of muscle and bones throughout the body and thus account in part for the greater strength and size of men as compared to women.

anabolics are easily defined as having no androgenic qualities and only help to promote growth and allow quick recovery

any of a group of synthetic derivatives of testosterone, having pronounced anabolic properties and relatively weak androgenic properties, which are used clinically mainly to promote growth and repair of body tissues in senility, debilitating illness, and convalescence

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    primo is far more anabolic than androgenic , but per mg, you'll gain much more muscle on test than on primo because of the synergy that test has between androgenic and anabolic properties. IMO, test is the steroid that is most balanced and causes the best gains when used alone compared to any other AS.

McBain is offline Member
    Not sure if I understand fully what block is looking for but I asked a similar question a while ago and got an answer that I found helpful so I cut and pasted it to a document I think it was Kaz who said this but I'm not positive. My question was what exactly test does to make it so you can in mass.

"Increased blood cell production which transports more oxygen to the muscles...which gives you that increased PUMP feeling. An increase in protien synthesis which sends a message to the muscle cell to uptake more amino acids into the cell which in turn increases the muscles diameter...and preventing the "robbing " or breaking down of protiens for the purpose of energy...Also test allows the body to store more glucose in the muscles which also carries water with the carbs...(so you could say test acts as a glucose disposal agent in a way) which allows you to train longer with more energy...test helps in burning fat,regeneration of the body,all masculining characteristics are a result of test."

Hope someone finds this helpful

Also great question block, and even better answers guys, every time I read posts on this board I am impressed even more by the knowledge some of you guys have and are willing to share.

Thanks McBain, Medicne Man, Dr E and TNT for finally coming through with some answers.
    Last edited by Canes4Ever; 05-01-2002 at 02:25 PM.

very nice now I under stand it thanks

block

Thread Information