timvds is offline Member

Post Roid Rage... Mental or Physical?

I just thought i would share this information with anyone suffering with the same symptoms i was.

For the last few months i was having trouble concentrating, sleeping, and had a general feeling of laziness. I would pop off at the stupidest things. Yes, i am on a cycle. And yes, i felt like i was having roid rage . I went to the doc on Monday and explained my situation, anxiety, restlessness. He checked my blood pressure, well is 150 over 108 bad?? Hell yeah. BTW im only 23 years old. He did some blood work liver/kidney function, cholesterol tests. Well, cholesterol was through the roof 282. (200 is normal) I go back tomorrow for my meds.

So if anyone else feels like they are suffering from "roid rage" i highly suggest seeing a doctor about anxiety and blood pressure meds. Ive been on mine for three days now and ive felt better than i have in months, its been such a relief. My workouts are better i dont get as winded so easily. (hence the blood pressure meds)

BTW i do think roid rage is real. just not in the hyped up stereotypical way. I never kicked in doors or slapped around the wife or anything, but it does cause a lot of stress on your body. And stress = cortisol from what i believe. and cortisol = muscle breakdown. but anyways, i think my meds are kickin in cause im rambling on like a 12 year old school girl on the telephone. peace bros, hope this helps

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    good info bro. glad you are feeling better. definitely a lesson for all of us to learn from your experience.

peace,

ttgb

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    What does your cycle consist of timvds???

PURE EXTRACT is offline New Member
    I don't know...I think roid rage is pretty rare. Well at least all the people I know that juice up never have it. I believe you get more aggresive, but I feel that comes just from the mentality of knowing that you're on gear. I hope you take better care of yourself brother. Have you been dieting clean? This is my 19th week, and I went yesterday to get a check up, the doc didn't even say anything about my testicle size hehehe. But my blood pressure was 140 over 89 I think. I can't remember. I'm getting blood work next week. Hope everything comes back ok. What does your cycle consist of bro?

timvds is offline Member
    my cycle consists of 800 mg test wks 1-10, 50 mg dboll wks 1-4, winny 50mg p/d wks 6-10.

FLEX_NuTz is offline Banned
    800mg test a week? Hehe, I think I'll save that for my next cycle.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Originally posted by PURE EXTRACT
    [BThis is my 19th week, and I went yesterday to get a check up, the doc didn't even say anything about my testicle size hehehe. [/B]
    Bro...19 weeks? Your system liable to stay shut down for good..

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Good story bro, bump for more folks to read !

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    How do you define 'Roid Rage ?

It's ridiculous to beleve that steroids will turn the average Joe into a psychotic menace that willfully kills, maims, rapes and pillages at the drop of a hat.

However, I do notice that I am more agressive on steroids. I have a short temper and I get pissed off at small things that would not even bother me when I am not on steroids. I can get quite angry & FEEL like punching somebody if they confront me / threaten me, but I don't. There is still the element of control.

So yes, steroids can affect mood. No, they don't make you lose control. If you lose control, that's because you have some other issue.

timvds is offline Member
    Posted by diesel:

I think Roid Rage is a state of mind. yes, you may be on edge but a mature individual will be able to refrain from acting like a complete ass hole.
    This is what im saying though, roids have been proven to elevate blood pressure and cause anxiety right? But youre telling me its all in my head? i think not. roid rage is real, its not a mind game. the next time you get pissed check your blood pressure, im sure it would be elevated. and if you blood pressure was like mine, elevated constantly, coupled with anxiety, dont you think the slightest thing might set you off? im a very mature individual, yet i found it hard to keep my cool sometimes. well, untill recently.

if theres any M.D.'s on the board im sure they will concur.

Originally posted by timvds
    Posted by diesel:

This is what im saying though, roids have been proven to elevate blood pressure and cause anxiety right? But youre telling me its all in my head? i think not. roid rage is real, its not a mind game. the next time you get pissed check your blood pressure, im sure it would be elevated. and if you blood pressure was like mine, elevated constantly, coupled with anxiety, dont you think the slightest thing might set you off? im a very mature individual, yet i found it hard to keep my cool sometimes. well, untill recently.

if theres any M.D.'s on the board im sure they will concur.
    Wow, timvds, this post really makes me think twice about starting AS. I already have panic attacks. Not cool if the AS will cause them to be worse.

bump for more discussion

Thread Information