Uconish is offline Member

Angry y do people even care????

U know, im so sick and tired of stupid ass people. Yeah i use anabolic steriods , SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Why do you care? Does it make me a bad person? I just cant stand every idiot that the first minute they see you, the first question out of there mouth is do you use steriods. Like im going to tell you. Or even better are the dumb ass that hate on people that actually give a sh*t bout what we look like, as they stuff their fat faces with chicken fingers and fries, and wash it down with a "diet" coke, then look at you and say i could look like you if i roided. F**K You is what i say to these people. At work everday i get questioned nearly everyday bout why i eat tuna with potatoes, or why i drink shakes, or why i eat so much. Because thats what i do. I dont ask them why they smoke, or why they drink nothing but coke all day, so why do they feel obligated to bother me.

Or even better is the morons that try to lecture me everytime i go out about all the negative side effects that come along with AS. Meanwhile there puffing on the cigs (that state on the box "will cause cancer") and drinking so much that they cant even stand anymore. Yeah thats really good for your health, but wehat i do ruins my body. Little do they know that i am educated in AS, and i do know what they do to me body, unlike themselves.

So what. Anabolics and bodybuilding is what i do. Its a passion, and if you dont participate in it, then you just dont understand, so why do they continue to talk to me about it. I dont want to talk about what kind of protein i drink and what kind you have at home with you. I dont care. I dont want to talk about it with these people that ask me if i think creatine really works, and if i think its bad to take. To these people what i really want to say is no matter what you take your still gonna be really skinny or really fat, cause you have no heart and your weak. They have no will power. Yeah anabolics make you bigger, faster, stronger, but not everyone can put forth the dedication and committment it takes to make them work. So yeah i take anabolics, so what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    sing it brother

biggen is offline Associate Member
    beutiful

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    zanax......

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Right on bro

tallyjuice is offline Member
    bump that ****

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I feel ya there...

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    zanax......
    haha. on a serious note i hear where you're coming from Uconish

-Helios

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Well people trip out on me cuz I lug around a 1 gallon jug of water with me where ever I go.
    wether its in the gym or at work or if I am cruzing it in my car. I always have it its a part of me now.
    Very similar too many of those fools that carry there little pack of smokes where ever they go.
    All I say is let them hate on you bro

J-sun is offline Junior Member
    Haha great post bro. You hit it right on the head. I get so annoyed by fat slob people at work that cant understand why I am not stuffing my face with cake every other day for some **** birthday. Or why I eat protein bars and cans of tuna. It goes on and on. Like we are the strange ones. Sheesh.
    Just shut your trap and eat your super sized extra salt and processed **** McDonalds meal.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont think its a problem... I have become obvious to everyone including my mother that I am doing steroids because after struggling for years and getting little or no results, all of a sudden I grew like hell, 24-28 lbs fairly lean weight gain over 8 week period. I havent had a problem... the only person not liking me on steroids is my mother, even though I havent admitted it to anyone, like I said, there comes a point if you gain big, its obvious to everyone. Everyone else has been taking the attitude like, "****, I need to do what you are doing", "could you hook me up with the dude that hooked YOU up?", Etc, etc.

All my friends have been hinting around that they want to do steroids... my response is, I would but first I'd like to see you lifting weights a while first and preparing yourself... otherwise thats stupid to think just shoot steroids and not even lift weights before, during or after cycle and come out with the "magic pill build".

And its like they freak out the minute they hear the word Steriod . Theyve been brainwashed with all the negative images of people that use AS, that they look at us like were f*ckd up cause we stick ourselves with pins, and "Were hurting ourselves" that they dont even realize what the 10th twinkie they just ate is doing to them. Thats why diabetes and obesity in this country is rising at such a high rate. But were the bad guys!!!!!! LOL

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uconish
    And its like they freak out the minute they hear the word Steriod. Theyve been brainwashed with all the negative images of people that use AS, that they look at us like were f*ckd up cause we stick ourselves with pins, and "Were hurting ourselves" that they dont even realize what the 10th twinkie they just ate is doing to them. Thats why diabetes and obesity in this country is rising at such a high rate. But were the bad guys!!!!!! LOL
    I guess there are areas where people have bad connotation with steroids ... around here... my dad patted me on the back, I told him I was on steroids, he said I looked good... brother is begging me to tell him how to find some... some neighbors, same thing. I donno, I thought my wife would be a problem but I actually think she's bragging to her girlfriends and others that I am on the juice and I think this is how the word is getting around so fast about me.... as far as men... hell every man I know would do them in a heartbeat without second thought at all with very wide spread acceptance... maybe things are just different in urban Florida where in our little neck of the woods, everyone places a little more importance on "looking good".

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    **** them all thats all i can say........Hitman
    Hang on your right the smoke......Its legal.
    Thay drink.......Its legal.
    They get plastic surgery and boob jobs...........Its legal.
    We use an artificial stimulant and were crimimals......I repeat **** em.........Hitman

Shud is offline Associate Member
    nicley said Uconish .....
    right on bro....always good to let off some steam....

echobeach is offline Junior Member
    "they dont even realize what the 10th twinkie they just ate is doing to them."

"Just shut your trap and eat your super sized extra salt and processed **** McDonalds meal"

"Very similar too many of those fools that carry there little pack of smokes where ever they go."

"Meanwhile there puffing on the cigs (that state on the box "will cause cancer") and drinking so much that they cant even stand anymore."

All little bits extracted from some of the excellent replies to this thread, and all common behaviour...

Back about 12 or so years ago I read an article written by a competitive BB in one of those Joe Wieder mags - I can't remember who wrote it unfortunately because he said a very profound thing when talking about BB.

"I strive to be the uncommon man..." there was more to the sentence and I can't remember it exactly so I won't try to guess at it.

But the thrust of that article is right there in those few words - which for some reason were indelibly burned into my mind the second I read them.

So Uconish - and no doubt you are already well aware of the fact - men who lift weights - I mean really lift weights are "uncommon".

Wether it be Body Building, Powerlifting, Olympic lifting or even Strongman comps' - to acheive success (which can be as grand as a Gold Medal or simply as satisfying as the respect of his peers), in any of these endeavours takes "uncommon commitment", "uncommon talent", "uncommon focus", "uncommon drive", "uncommon patience", uncommon .............".

When these people do what I quoted above - like gutsing down twinkies, or getting blind drunk every Friday just to "let their hair down" they are being common - very bloody common.

It is when you and I (and everyone else who 'knows lifting'), throw ourselves into our next grinding set or attempt a new record lift, it is then that we are being "uncommon". That stuff is what sets us apart from the crowd.

At the Gym where I train there's a young BB and he is getting bigger and bigger all the time - he aims to compete in the near future and over the last 2 years or so it has been great watching this kid just throw himself totally into his dream. Now I don't BB, instead I lift competitively - I call this kid "show pony" and he calls me "mudguts" back because I'm never ripped up or anything. But the repsect is mutual, and deep. Much more respect than I can have for...well most other people really. And that's just something else that common people miss out on.

Being freakishly huge, or being able to deadlift three and a half times your bodyweight, or snatching one and a half times your own bodyweight, breaking long time records, etc these are all highly "uncommon" feats.

But man, I revell in being uncommon; and I want to be set apart from the crowd by my athletic acheivements, it's a feeling I cherish.

Let the common folk have their little bleats - because anyone or anything that is "uncommon" always has, and always will, threaten the common.

Taejoon is offline Associate Member
    Bump, Uconish, that's one of the best post's I've read in a while. Kind of ironic, as I'm writing this my roomates are out drinking and partying, I just finished my pre-bedtime meal of 4 eggs and 4 egg whites. It takes alot more than sticking yourself with pins to get a body like Arnold. And in my opinion, AAS are far less harmful to the body than pounding Big Mac's and Twinkies all day while washing them down with "diet" coke. Again bro, great post and like Hitman said ****em all, they're all gonna die of cardiac arrest, lung cancer or diabetes long before we run into to any health problems.

Peace

-Taejoon

Echo, that's an inspiring post bro, thank's for putting that up. Kinda puts things in perspective as my buds are out drinking and partying right now, and I'm, well I'm going to bed lifted hard today and I'm tired.

MachZ is offline Member
    I agree, great post.
    I'll be the first one to admit that I too was caught up in the "roids are bad for you" impression before I did my first cycle 11yrs. ago as a 21yr. old kid.
    As I didn't even own a computer or have internet back then I still managed to find out alot of good information from books at the library and decided it was the right thing for me to do. I made some good gains and people in the gym I didn't even know asked me if I was doing gear so I told them i'm a growing 21yr. old, train hard (which I did) eat lots of tuna/chicken and found a routine that works best for me. That response seemed to go well and the questions stopped until I broke my back snowmobiling.
    I really believe that if it wasn't for all the LBM and the excellent shape I was in from doing gear at the time, I wouldn't have ever been able to walk away from a T6 to T9 break. So in my case it helped me more than any medical study ever could show.
    I lost most of what i gained due to all the years I was forced to take off recovering but I am planning on doing another cycle again when my gains slow down at the gym.
    As strange as this may seem I am looking forward to hearing those questions again and giving the same eat well, train hard response.
    No worries bro, just remember your more healthy then they will ever be just take it in stride.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    bump

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Great post echobeach. In the early 20th century, when bodybuilding was in its infancy, bodybuilders were seen as freaks. People thought that they belonged in circus sideshows. While the times have changed, and bodybuilding is much more common, many people still attach a stigma to bodybuilders. They think that we are selfish narcissists who only care about our appearance. The truth is that most people are just jealous of the way we look and the attention that we get. They are also jealous that they don't have the "uncommon commitment" that it takes to achieve their own goals.

PumpDaddy8303 is offline Junior Member
    Good post but i think if people ask you about creatine and if it works you should want to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpDaddy8303
    Good post but i think if people ask you about creatine and if it works you should want to help them.
    After a while, the creatine questions get redundent bro. It doesn't give you any lasting benefits anyway, so why would you tell them to use it when you know they're just pissing their money down the toilet?

Peace

-Taejoon

Not trying to hijack this thread, just incase any accuses me of doing so.

Taejoon EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gilster is offline Member
    Nice thread and some good replies. Nice post Echo. Well said.

And Jeff1...I get the same thing...My gallon of water is like my partner. It's with me more than my wife is. It goes EVERYWHERE with me.

Body is offline Associate Member

Follow my lead

Do what I do. Tell "them" what you just told us.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I think i've lucked out cuz nobody has asked me or my friend. Although, at school, maybe they don't want to bring such a topic up.

echobeach, that was a fantastic post bro!! Great read, and I totally agree.

Swellin Guest

This might be the origin of the "uncommon" quote

MY CREED

I do not choose to be a common man.

It is my right to be uncommon—if I can. I seek opportunity—not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me. I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed.

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the still calm of utopia.

I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid; to think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations and to face the world boldly and say, this I have done.

All this is what it means to be an American.

— “My Creed” by Dean Alfange

Thread Information