OT8268 is offline Associate Member

Blood Work/ Lab work questions

I just got some blood work done from the lab at the local hospital. I did this because I have had a rapid heart beat on rare occasions, so I got some sort of chemical test like electrolytes etc, now I did this through my dad who is a doctor so he got prescriptions or something from a doctor to get it done. I convinced him to get my full lipid panel done so I can see what state my body is in right now.

But here is my question, is there a way I can go down to the lab make an apointment and get the results sent straight to me, wiht out going through a doctor?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Blood Work/ Lab work questions

Originally posted by OT8268
    . . . here is my question, is there a way I can go down to the lab make an apointment and get the results sent straight to me, without going through a doctor?
    Not unleses you can do a really great B.S. act.

The results would only be released by the lab to the physician who ordered the tests. You could also authorize the lab to release the results of tests to another physician, but they would normally be requested by the physician rather than by you.

You may not need to see the doctor whose prescription you used to get the testing done, but remember that the doctor will get a copy of the test. What I often do is simply call my doctor's office and ask them to send me a copy of the results. The doc's office staff can probably take care of that for you.

9natural9 is offline Banned
    keep us updated on your results, this is very interesting.....

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    sorry to burst yoru bubble Nat. but I am actually not on juice and have not done any, but I am getting a lipid panel in two weeks just to see if I have any problems Ishould know about if I do want to juice after all

Thread Information