OT8268 is offline Associate Member

Question for those how inject in glutes

Do you inject by yourself or do you have someone do it for you?

And if you do it by yourself is it difficult, I think that it would be since you are twisting around and cant get a real good view

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    practice makes perfect bro, the more you do it the better you get. however if you dont feel comfortable doing your own, then by all means get a buddy to stick you............

peace bb79

viper is offline Member
    i do my own... i twist a little while looking in a mirror at a slight angle to make sure i keep the needle straight....after about my 100th inject, it was as easy as breathing (lol)....

utah pump is offline Junior Member
    Self inject. I thought it would be hard, it is easy bro. I just place the needle in the right spot and apply a light preasure. Just take it slow and it will slide right in. I just do it while looking in the bathroom mirror.

Good luck

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Self sticker here... it does get easier.. I place my knee of the side I am injecting on the bath tub or toilet, and reach around with the same hand, jab and stick.. goes in like a charm.

dyno45 is offline Junior Member
    Do it myself. My first time my hand would not stop shaking. If you look in the mirror to get the angle and spot correct and always aspirate , it comes naturally after a few times.

BigPete is offline Associate Member
    I know a lot of guys who don't aspirate and say you don't need to? This board swears by it why? Why do you need to aspirate??

Microbrew is offline Member
    I inject myself, I will be aspirating this time , I really never did before. Lucky I guess.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I inject myself. I have never aspirateed. Thought it was going to be hard. However, after doing it once I got such an adrenaline rush that i could not wait to do it again.

Just use the mirror to guide you. Once you do it once, it's all down hill from there.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    If you don't aspirate , you don't know if you stopped the tip of needle in a blood vessil or not. If in blood vessil, gear goes straight to the heart. If that happens, you won't have to worry about doing gear anymore!

peace,

ttgb

Do we have any facts that its happened before. Do we know of any cases where someone has injected into the blood and died from it. I'm just curious. Would love to hear if anyone has any facts on this.

Never heard of it happening either.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    why wouldn't you? It is so fucking easy to pull the plunger back, and if it even slightly reduces the risk, then DO it. It's a no brainer for me...

I aspirated once and an air bubble appeared in the syringe...so I have opted not to do it again...i guerss i will try for now on

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    let me try and explain this:

aspirating does one main thing, and thats to make sure you arent injecting into a blood vessel. you want the shot to be INTRAMUSCULAR.
    if you pull back slightly on the plunger, and blood appears you know you're in the wrong spot, time to stick again. if you get clear fluid or an air bubble you're good to go. i personally have never heard of anyone dieing from injecting into a vessel, however i have heard horror stories on this and other boards about dizziness, rapid heartbeat, sweats and generally feeling like they WANTED TO DIE. this is a simple procedure with so many benefits, its extremely niave to think "it wont happen to me". do it, and get used to it............

peace bb79

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Im in my 3rd week and got used to aspirating, in fact in week 2 i had to inject 4 times cause I kept hitting a vessel.

Now that you discribed the feelings that someone has said what it felt like. That happened to me once before but It was an anxiety attack. I pulled back and no blood but when I let go the juice sucked in my ass by itself I guess it was the suction of pulling back. But it freaked me out and I felt like I was going to die , couldnt breath , sweating , heart was pounding and was scared out of my mine. Anxiety attack !!!

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    1) Injecting in the glutes is a bit awkward at first, but it gets easier.

The best way is to get a friend to do it. (Preferably female who gets aroused at the sight of your firm, naked ass and who post-injection, will roughly toss you onto the bed and... well, you get the drift.)

If a friend is not available, I recommend getting comfortable injecting the quads, practice doing it with one-hand, then moving to the glutes. Like people here said, stand if front of the mirror, having a clear view of what you are doing and where you are aiming helps!

2) Aspirate EVERY TIME for God's sake. Doctor's don't make up things like that just for fun! Yes, people get away with not doing it. But it's the one injection in a thousand that has a serious side effect (whatever it is) that you worry about. It only takes ONE F**KIN SECOND!

Butch, when you aspirate one of the signs that you are not is a vein IS an air bubble appearing--there's nothing wrong with that, it's perfectly normal! (Often it's just water vaporising in the presence of a vacuum.)

You are injecting into the muscle so if a small amount of air gets in, no big deal. Air bubbles in the veins are what people worry about--and it takes a lot (somebody just said 10CCs) to kill you.
    Last edited by Ajax; 05-02-2002 at 10:05 AM.

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    The anxiety is your endorphans pumping anticipating pain.....Good stuff as it does dull the pain but also gives you that edgy feeling.(sweaty palms/ fast heartbeat and all)..Just relax Itll subside....

As for injecting I just lean againgst the counter and it makes it easier to twist...

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Btw it takes 3ccs in the vein to mess you up.......

Aloha Bronze.......

Yeah I heard 3cc's too.

Originally posted by Ajax
    If a friend is not available, I recommend getting comfortable injecting the quads, practice doing it with one-hand, then moving to the glutes. Like people here said, stand if front of the mirror, having a clear view of what you are doing and where you are aiming helps!

I would shoot in the quads, but I am afraid of hitting a nerve bundle, and I have heard there are a lot in the quad, even with the diagram on spotinjections.com I still am nervous about that

sleazyrider is offline Junior Member
    I'm lucky!

I get my girl to do it! Not only that but she seems to enjoy it!!

Might have to get a new girl and learn to do it myself!

(this might sound stupid, but I play my music loud when I'm pinning - helps take your mind off things! I'm also a novice and only had one injection to date, so don't take my advice!! )

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    i do it myself like most people on here. i think u should learn to do it your self because u dont want to call your friend everyday so he can come and inj 4 u. its not as hard as u think.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I shot in my quads almost exclusively during my first cycle and still shoot there more often than anywhere else. Very little pain w/ a 25 or 24g needle, hell, even 22g's are OK. Hitting a nerve is pretty rare. I don't know many people who have.

So practice some one-handed injects in the quads & move on to the glutes when you perfect your technique!

double posted by accident, so I just deleted it

I just shot upo last night and aspirated. It was f*cking easy. No problem, will do it every time for now on. Saw the air bubble and knew I was good to go. Thanks bros!

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Aspirating, I know sseveral MD and Nurses that administer IM injections on a daily basis, probably more than you or I will do in a lifetime, they do in a month. Anyway most of them never aspirate , I still do sometimes but not all, but I do agree that anything that can reduce the risk of injury should be complied by. I just want you to know that you will most likely not keel over dead if you forget to aspirate. Peace

9natural9 is offline Banned
    Self injection for me...I draw out my required mg's with one syringe, and apply the AAS into a brand new syringe, then I swap my glute with an alcohol swab, which ever side of the glute I hit, I prop that leg up, and relieve ANY muscle tension...take it very slow, aspirate at the end....I figure it to take the entire procedure for me around 10 minutes....

Thread Information